Just Tackle the Guy

Which is exactly why he did not need to get anywhere near his car where his kids were. He was walking with his back turned. He could have easily been restrained before he gets shot 7 times, the officers are put in more danger, and the kids are put at risk as well. A horrible example how to handle that situation.

Absolutely correct.

This would have been a perfect time for him demonstrate to his kids how to to react when stopped by the police.

We ask the police to do the impossible, and then believe we have the right to Monday morning quarterback when things go wrong. Shoot him in the leg. Tackle him. Taze him. They had their weapons drawn. Any other action would have required holstering their weapon and then securing it. In that time, he would have been inside his car.

Had the man complied with lawful instructions, none of this would have occurred. Instead his actions forced the hand of the policemen. The moment he stuck his hand in the car, he forced the police to defend themselves. And you don't defend yourself with one shot. You defend yourself until the suspect is neutralized.

I'd love to see these people complaining and saying the cop should have handled it differently. Go ahead and put YOUR life on the line and see what these cops see everyday (criminals killing cops) and tell us you would have handled it differently.
If you cant handle the job, don't do it.

Absolutely correct.

This would have been a perfect time for him demonstrate to his kids how to to react when stopped by the police.

We ask the police to do the impossible, and then believe we have the right to Monday morning quarterback when things go wrong. Shoot him in the leg. Tackle him. Taze him. They had their weapons drawn. Any other action would have required holstering their weapon and then securing it. In that time, he would have been inside his car.

Had the man complied with lawful instructions, none of this would have occurred. Instead his actions forced the hand of the policemen. The moment he stuck his hand in the car, he forced the police to defend themselves. And you don't defend yourself with one shot. You defend yourself until the suspect is neutralized.
They has ample opportunity to neutralize the guy without him getting 7 bullets in the back, putting themselves at more risk than otherwise needed, and potentially killing an innocent children in the process.

The consequence for walking away should not be 7 shots in the back while your kids watch. Obviously, you have no concept of proportionality.

It wasn't the consequence for walking away. It was the consequence for reaching under the front seat, where the cops likely knew he had previously kept a firearm. ?‍♂️

Obviously the level of force used is at best debatable, and at worst probably some degree of criminal. That said, your attempt to spin this away from the verifiable facts of the incident with hyperbole and melodrama only serves to downgrade your already low level of credibility here.

Hope this helps.

Just curious what happened on the other side of the car that forced all three police officers to draw their weapons. They all perceived a threat at the same moment. Even the bystander backed away quickly. He also kept grabbing at his pants as they tailed him around the car.

It would have been much better if they would have tackled him. We would have never heard about this

It wasn't the consequence for walking away. It was the consequence for reaching under the front seat, where the cops likely knew he had previously kept a firearm. ?‍♂️

Obviously the level of force used is at best debatable, and at worst probably some degree of criminal. That said, your attempt to spin this away from the verifiable facts of the incident with hyperbole and melodrama only serves to downgrade your already low level of credibility here.

Hope this helps.
I'm not spinning. I am stating what seems to be very obvious. There was not a need to let him get anywhere near the front seat of his car. Allowing that, put more lives at risk including their own.

Last edited:
The consequence for walking away should not be 7 shots in the back while your kids watch. Obviously, you have no concept of proportionality.
Obviously you have zero concept of dealing with someone in a situation like this. What was the clip? 5 seconds? 6 seconds?

From what I saw he resisted arrest. Got up and walked away. Did not follow orders. Was grabbed as he tried to get into his car. I never saw the shots.

Regardless, do you hear yourself? By defending criminal acts, and resisting arrest, you are saying that is OK not to listen to a police officers orders. When did it become OK to resist arrest?

Hope this helps.
You forgot to disclaimer this one.

Obviously you have zero concept of dealing with someone in a situation like this. What was the clip? 5 seconds? 6 seconds?

From what I saw he resisted arrest. Got up and walked away. Did not follow orders. Was grabbed as he tried to get into his car. I never saw the shots.

Regardless, do you hear yourself? By defending criminal acts, and resisting arrest, you are saying that is OK not to listen to a police officers orders. When did it become OK to resist arrest?
I did not defend him at all. Not everybody does what they should. The outcome of that should not be death. You are basically saying that any failure to follow police orders should allow for deadly force. That is ridiculous.

If you are fit and can run, soon you will be able to just run away from the cops and there will be nothing they can do about it.

I'd love to see these people complaining and saying the cop should have handled it differently. Go ahead and put YOUR life on the line and see what these cops see everyday (criminals killing cops) and tell us you would have handled it differently.

I can promise you I’m not opening fire that close to a car load of kids. If you miss and that bullet ricochets into the car you could kill an innocent child.

I did not defend him at all. Not everybody does what they should. The outcome of that should not be death. You are basically saying that any failure to follow police orders should allow for deadly force. That is ridiculous.
How many times do you think they said "stop" before they used force? 4? 5? 10? Should it matter? I would bet all three cops were ordering him to stop after he resisted the first time. Do you believe they did not? Do you believe they just could not wait to pull their guns and shoot a guy? Once at his drivers side door the one cop grabbed him and the video cut off. I'm sure the arm grab did not go well. I'd love to see the situation in its entirety.

Hands up and not resisting and you get shot then we have a problem. Do not resist and you have zero issues.

For every situation like this where you and like minded people defend the criminal it further emboldens a junk culture to believe that it is alright to resist if you feel you have been wronged. You give the criminal every benefit of the doubt and yet the police officers none. Shame on you.

I can promise you I’m not opening fire that close to a car load of kids. If you miss and that bullet ricochets into the car you could kill an innocent child.
The punk beating their mom does not bother you, of course. More defending the criminal because it is some BS noble side for the left to die on these days.

I can assure you that I am not worried about you being a cop.

If you are fit and can run, soon you will be able to just run away from the cops and there will be nothing they can do about it.
Bingo. Do not like getting arrested (who does?) then just run. Cops will have zero authority or ability to use any kind of force. Let the inmates run the asylum.

How many times do you think they said "stop" before they used force? 4? 5? 10? I would bet all three cops were ordering him to stop after he resisted the first time. Do you believe they did not? Do you believe they just could not wait to pull their guns and shoot a guy? Once at his drivers side door the one cop grabbed him and the video cut off. I'm sure the arm grab did not go well. I'd love to see the situation in its entirety.

Hands up and not resisting and you get shot then we have a problem. Do not resist and you have zero issues.

For every situation like this where you and like minded people defend the criminal it further emboldens a junk culture to believe that it is alright to resist if you feel you have been wronged. You give the criminal every benefit of the doubt and yet the police officers none. Shame on you.
I'm sure they yelled stop a whole bunch of times. They obviously should have retrained him long before he got to the front seat of the car where more people were put in danger. The cop actually grabbed his tee short while shooting him. I don't think they will be making this a training video.

Bingo. Do not like getting arrested (who does?) then just run. Cops will have zero authority or ability to use any kind of force. Let the inmates run the asylum.
If somebody does not comply, they should be subdued. They failed to subdue him and then shot him in the back 7 times instead.

I'm sure they yelled stop a whole bunch of times. They obviously should have retrained him long before he got to the front seat of the car where more people were put in danger. The cop actually grabbed his tee short while shooting him. I don't think they will be making this a training video.
Just take an "L" just once. The criminal resisted and paid the price. That is all these cops need. Is another specific training video on what they cannot do. You have obviously NEVER been in a situation like this. One where you must think and act quickly. Easy to second guess every move the cops made but at the end of the day the criminal did not heed officers orders and was shot. The only person that criminal can control (and blame) is himself.

If somebody does not comply, they should be subdued. They failed to subdue him and then shot him in the back 7 times instead.
I am tellin ya.
That is going to change. Within a year or two they will have a no shoot for anyone running away, you are going to have to chase and catch.

Again, try to subdue everyone by the book? I'd LOVE to see you do it. But you are right, for whatever reason they failed to subdue him and when he resisted they shot his . Its all on HIM.

I'm not sure I actually agree. Why did 4 people jump away from him so quickly when he got up? All 4 sensed a danger. What was the reason they retreated so quickly? Did they fear he had a weapon?

Finding out what happened on the other side of the car and the obvious fear he created will answer alot of questions. Three cops pulled their guns at the same moment and the bystander moved away quickly. That is the part of the story that needs more light shed on it.

Just take an "L" just once. The criminal resisted and paid the price. That is all these cops need. Is another specific training video on what they cannot do. You have obviously NEVER been in a situation like this. One where you must think and act quickly. Easy to second guess every move the cops made but at the end of the day the criminal did not heed officers orders and was shot. The only person that criminal can control (and blame) is himself.
They did not think nor act quickly. They followed about 2 feet behind him from around the passenger side and then in the front of the car until he got inside his car with 3 kids present and then decided to unload 7 bullets. Quick thinking and acting would have resulted in restraint before he got anywhere near there.

They did not think nor act quickly. They followed about 2 feet behind him from around the passenger side and then in the front of the car until he got inside his car with 3 kids present and then decided to unload 7 bullets. Quick thinking and acting would have resulted in restraint before he got anywhere near there.
What did these cops do wrong in this one?

The other time they had to arrest him; it took a dog to do it.
They knew who he was, when they put info in, it came back with the warrant; he had a history of not complying and carrying a weapon.

Reactions: y2h