Just Tackle the Guy

So if I'm in my place of business and/or home and the mob attacks breaking in and starts stealing stuff and setting my property on fire that's the point when you can use deadly force in Ohio?
If you’re in your home or place of business and people break in and you fear for your life you can use deadly force. I thought I made that clear in my earlier post. You posted that if you drive home and find them in your house, that’s a different scenario as you have the ability to flee

You can’t tell me this kid didn’t go looking for a fight. At the same time, he probably would’ve been killed if he didn’t shoot back. It’s just a sad situation to see this kid piss his life away. You know it was a bunch of middle aged QAnon dbags that kept egging him on, but they would never have shown up to this.

You can’t tell me this kid didn’t go looking for a fight. At the same time, he probably would’ve been killed if he didn’t shoot back. It’s just a sad situation to see this kid piss his life away. You know it was a bunch of middle aged QAnon dbags that kept egging him on, but they would never have shown up to this.

Who knows what motivated this kid to do something this stupid. It may have just been watching the local news (he lives pretty close to Kenosha) and his developing sense of right & wrong was outraged. Kids at 17 can be awfully naive & idealistic. Or maybe you're right and someone was whispering in his ear.

What I do know is that as dumb as this kid was in going out in the middle of a riot carrying a gun the shootings appear to be self defense. I can not understand the charge of intentional first degree murder. Has the prosecutor looked at any of the video evidence? This blatant, politically driven over charging has to stop. Appeasing the mob is not how real justice is achieved.

I'll wait for all the info to come out but at first blush this kid was legitimately defending himself from a mob intent on doing him harm.

Who knows what motivated this kid to do something this stupid. It may have just been watching the local news (he lives pretty close to Kenosha) and his developing sense of right & wrong was outraged. Kids at 17 can be awfully naive & idealistic. Or maybe you're right and someone was whispering in his ear.

What I do know is that as dumb as this kid was in going out in the middle of a riot carrying a gun the shootings appear to be self defense. I can not understand the charge of intentional first degree murder. Has the prosecutor looked at any of the video evidence? This blatant, politically driven over charging has to stop. Appeasing the mob is not how real justice is achieved.

I'll wait for all the info to come out but at first blush this kid was legitimately defending himself from a mob intent on doing him harm.
There’s no way 1st degree murder sticks, but that doesn’t mean he still won’t end up in prison. And going to prison at that age will ruin your life.

From the NY Times here is a chronology of the kids shootings. Note that the Times doesn't mention how the kid was assaulted by a gun toting protester before the 2nd shooting. But this timeline pretty much screams out SELF DEFENSE!

About 15 minutes before the first shooting, police officers drive past Mr. Rittenhouse, and the other armed civilians who claim to be protecting the dealership, and offer water out of appreciation.

Mr. Rittenhouse walks up to a police vehicle carrying his rifle and talks with the officers.

He eventually leaves the dealership and is barred by the police from returning. Six minutes later footage shows Mr. Rittenhouse being chased by an unknown group of people into the parking lot of another dealership several blocks away.

While Mr. Rittenhouse is being pursued by the group, an unknown gunman fires into the air, though it’s unclear why. The weapon’s muzzle flash appears in footage filmed at the scene.

Mr. Rittenhouse turns toward the sound of gunfire as another pursuer lunges toward him from the same direction. Mr. Rittenhouse then fires four times, and appears to shoot the man in the head.

Mr. Rittenhouse seems to make a phone call and then flees the scene. Several people chase him, some shouting, “That’s the shooter!”

As Mr. Rittenhouse is running, he trips and falls to the ground. He fires four shots as three people rush toward him. One person appears to be hit in the chest and falls to the ground. Another, who is carrying a handgun, is hit in the arm and runs away.

Mr. Rittenhouse’s gunfire is mixed in with the sound of at least 16 other gunshots that ring out during this time.

As this happens, police vehicles just one block away remain stationary during the gunfire.

Mr. Rittenhouse walks with his hands up toward the police vehicles. Bystanders call out to the officers that he had just shot people. The police drive by him without stopping, on their way to assist the victims.
Mr. Rittenhouse is charged with 6 felonies and will go to prison for a very long time.

Probably belongs in the NBA thread but I don't recall anyone saying they prefer the NHL because of this boycott ?‍♂️
You must of missed it. There were a couple of posts about only watching hockey. Given the sports demographics, I’m sure they thought they would be protest free. It must be disappointing to now have lost hockey.

You must of missed it. There were a couple of posts about only watching hockey. Given the sports demographics, I’m sure they thought they would be protest free. It must be disappointing to now have lost hockey.
Provide quotes or screenshots of the people saying they only watch the NHL because of lack of protests and stopped watching the NBA solely because of this show boycott

I only watch the NHL and not the NBA. That has nothing to do with these recent boycotts and politics of the league.

Hockey is back on Saturday. We haven't lost hockey or the NBA for that matter. There will be zero games lost and thus zero revenue or salary lost for anyone. These are show protests. Nothing more.

Mr. Rittenhouse is charged with 6 felonies and will go to prison for a very long time.

Let's wait for the trial to see. And for the record unless new evidence appears that shows he set out to murder rioters I hope he walks because every bit of video & testimonial evidence I've seen so far makes this look like self defense.

My guess is that the over charging is being done to deter future idiots from doing what this kid did. If that's the case it's a smart move by the local DA. When all this settles down they can reduce the charges to reflect the minor gun crimes he did commit.

Meanwhile the democrat rioters try to sneak reinforcements into the Kenosha battle:

However, a group out of Seattle that was founded to provide free food to protesters and activists, RiotKitchen206, claims it was their members who were arrested and that they were in Kenosha only to serve meals to people at the demonstrations.

When the vehicles headed to a gas station on Washington Road and 30th Ave., law enforcement was close behind, the statement continued. The officers reported seeing people from the black bus try to fill multiple fuel cans. Seeing that and suspecting they were planning something illegal, the officers approached the vehicles and identified themselves. KPD reported that the suspects in the bus and bread truck all surrendered, while those in the minivan tried driving off.

According to KPD, officers were able to stop the minivan and force their way into it, arresting everyone in the vehicle. With all of the suspects in custody, officers searched the vehicles and discovered helmets, gas masks, protective vests, illegal fireworks, and suspected controlled substances, the statement noted.

Fireworks and soup kitchens - yea that's the ticket!

Sure is. Trying to enjoy it all right now. It's hard to even believe he's almost 2 months old so can't imagine what it'll feel like 10+ years down the road.
Congratulations, sincerely and am glad they’re both doing well.