GCL Co-ed 2020

Good chance Alter sweeps the POY’s. McDonald and Hicks are my choices, though Owens from CJ is a strong candidate for OPOY as well.
Agreed Alter May sweep POY. I love McDonald on offense. Hicks is an obvious choice, but don’t sleep on Shepard, Keighley or Flanders.

Wow, had to go back 7 pages to find this thread. I assume the Coed will be playing each other and 1 non league game. I see some of the schedules are public. Doesn’t appear that the website has been updated. Anyone see who McNicks 6th game will be against? They had Anderson, CHCA and Indian Hill first 3 before the change.

Wow, had to go back 7 pages to find this thread. I assume the Coed will be playing each other and 1 non league game. I see some of the schedules are public. Doesn’t appear that the website has been updated. Anyone see who McNicks 6th game will be against? They had Anderson, CHCA and Indian Hill first 3 before the change.
  • August 28 Northwest Home
  • September 4 Fenwick Home
  • September 11 Carroll Away
  • September 18 CJ Away
  • September 25 Alter Home
  • October 2 Badin Away

Will Badin still be able to play their games at Fairfield/Hamilton and will Alter be able to play their games at Fairmont?

As of right now the answer is NO for Badin not sure about Alter but assuming no for them as well.

I understand the home school argument that there's too much risk for cross contamination. Furthermore I honestly hope this motivates both schools to build their own facilities.

As of right now the answer is NO for Badin not sure about Alter but assuming no for them as well.

I understand the home school argument that there's too much risk for cross contamination. Furthermore I honestly hope this motivates both schools to build their own facilities.

I guess with limited spectators Badin could use the field at Joyce Park. Not best case scenario, but better than playing all road games.

I guess with limited spectators Badin could use the field at Joyce Park. Not best case scenario, but better than playing all road games.

That will likely be the plan IF other arrangements aren't made with the local public's.

Ironically, Badin just finished up a 2+ million dollar student center addition, personally I think that money should have been allocated towards an athletic facility (considering the ongoing facility situation with Hamilton HS). While the new student center is nice, I don't think it was necessary (and many of the alumni I have talked to feel the same).

If Badin were to put out a fund for turf and everything else required for a good stadium, I’m 100% positive they could raise the fund in a few months and have their own field by the 2021 season

Alter is playing Clinton Massie away week 1. and Alter is able to use to Fairmont for their home stadiums this year. I hope Badin doesn't play at Joyce Park... If Badin was really screwed out of a stadium, i bet the GCL could come to an agreement and host all Badin this year and return the favor next or something

Just curious anyone know of HS kids, boys or girls, whose parents are not allowing them to participate over Covid fears?

Alter is playing Clinton Massie away week 1. and Alter is able to use to Fairmont for their home stadiums this year. I hope Badin doesn't play at Joyce Park... If Badin was really screwed out of a stadium, i bet the GCL could come to an agreement and host all Badin this year and return the favor next or something

The only rational GCL stadium substitute would be Fenwick or play all away games?

That will likely be the plan IF other arrangements aren't made with the local public's.

Ironically, Badin just finished up a 2+ million dollar student center addition, personally I think that money should have been allocated towards an athletic facility (considering the ongoing facility situation with Hamilton HS). While the new student center is nice, I don't think it was necessary (and many of the alumni I have talked to feel the same).
I would think Bacon, ST X, Elder would allow use if there were no game day conflicts. I can bet you McNick would but that would be a bit of a drive. (Forgot about Fenwick)

I am very sad I will not be able to watch my firebirds take on Alter this year. However, I still thought I would chime in on the league as I do every year. I see Alter being the team to beat. They are loaded this year and I expect them to make a deep run in playoffs. I see Badin also being very strong. Not sure about rest of the league

The kid who tested positive is not a football player. But 15-20 students along with a teacher are quarantined. Some of those are football players.

The way I understood it, it was a quality of player vs quality of player choice. Would have had to play Sophomores and Freshman.