Recent content by Running Man 101

1. R

Eaton Invitational

Dust can be bad this time of year as well. People are starting to use bicycles as well, which is better I think. Still how do you post times for people that never finished. Eaton is quite experienced at holding meets. This is strange.
  2. R

Central Ohio Cross Country Invitational

Yes, it generally is more accurate. The GPS watches have minimum movement changes and typically are long on courses that involve many switchbacks. If it is long and straight with few sharp turns, they are usually pretty close. We have two one mile loops our kids run in practice. I have my...
  3. R

Eaton Invitational

Particularly when you are running all out. Why even post results in that situation?
  4. R

Lakota East, Lebanon, and Oak Hills girls in 3-way tie at Lebanon Invitational

There are no tie breakers in track meets, but XC is quite clear. There is an actual rule on it.
  5. R

Teams looking for meets

mathking, we are most likely going to host a JV meet on 9/22 (one boys race and one girls race) that you can come to if you want. We are about 90 south of you right off of I-71. Let me know if you are interested. Races will start at 5 or 5:30.
  6. R

Invitational Race Formats?

All of the meets we are going to are limiting to 150 runners in each race. More races are being added. The practical end of things is that most "invite" type of meets are going to be limited 20 runners, 10 in the varsity race and 10 in the open race. Sounds like a few may add a third race or...
  7. R

More smaller meets is exactly it. We are going to add a straight JV meet to alleviate the load on the weekend meets. Everybody everywhere is going to have to step up for our kids. Who knows, maybe we'll create a better system for the kids.
  8. R

That is not allowed. Make up whatever you want, but it will not be sanctioned and is not a real meet.
  9. R

We are going to follow what is in the meet guidelines.
  10. R

Worthington cancel fall sports

Yes, we learn more. But, they knew masks could help back then in high density populations. They wanted to save them for 1st responders (after China went around the world cleaning out countries), so they told people they didn't need them. Trump said cover your face, people laughed at him and...
  11. R

Agree with you, that is how about 50% of the country is governed now, by mobs. First sane stuff you've said in awhile. Welcome back!
  12. R

Even if the seasons are drastically curtailed, a limited season and all the time spent training is worth it.
  13. R

Your trusted source must have read the social media posts from OHSAA
  14. R

Canceled XC meets

The state coaches association issues guidelines on what to do. For sure, you should not do chutes. The runners are supposed to fan out. Have some type of numbers for the kids (like charity event numbers). Get an iPad or something and video the finish until it thins out while using the little...
  15. R

How do we make this work?

Handwashing and social distancing (min 3') covers 99.5% of it. If you sneeze or cough the masks do something, otherwise they are useless.