Recent content by Running Man 101

1. R

Covid Cancellations

been Think you might overestimate your knowledge and abilities?
  2. R

Covid Cancellations

Look at how Sweden has fared vs mainland EU. The EU is actually getting worse than the US right now. Real world example. I heard just this morning that we would 500,000 dead in the US by the end of the year if we didn't do something. This is just plain silly. By the CDC's own estimates only...
  3. R

Covid Cancellations

I lost some kids for Districts because they happened to be near someone in school that tested positive. That kid came back negative a couple of days later when retested and is back in school, but my kids get to stay home for two weeks (10 days).
  4. R

VOA or Cedarville?

VOA by 15s sounds about right, maybe slightly less. Certainly not 30s like in prior years.
  5. R

Limiting participants at League/Conference Meets

Ours everyone gets to run, but they are keeping race sizes under 100. We have three boys races.
  6. R

OHSAA Board update

No. I would be surprised if they did it that way. Part of the rationale is to limit the total number of people in these events (athletes + officials + spectators). Essentially, everyone show up and then leave for a single race. For Districts, you take up to eight kids, two coaches and each...
  7. R

This weekend St. X and CVNP invites

100% probability they will be last. It takes time for someone else to rebuild. It takes time to build and can almost instantly be destroyed.
  8. R

OHSAA Board update

It will be option #1 with all the individuals from all divisions in a single race. Should be a great race.
  9. R

Status of National Trail Raceway/State Cross Country Meet?

If they are following their own guidelines, then 6' apart for everyone. If that is lifted the 185 runner limit will be lifted as well. The 150 limit and spacing within the boxes has produced better overall starts IMHO.
  10. R

Let's run there and find out. Be the same for everyone. Over the years I have noticed some kids run slightly better/worse on layouts with more turns vs more straightaways.
  11. R

We've always paid at Districts, as far back as a can remember. I voted for the Team and combined individual race. Just award them for each race. Award the top 20 finishers in each race. Don't see how you could ever combine the results from two different races. The team race with JUST teams...
  12. R

Eaton Invitational

Dust can be bad this time of year as well. People are starting to use bicycles as well, which is better I think. Still how do you post times for people that never finished. Eaton is quite experienced at holding meets. This is strange.
  13. R

Central Ohio Cross Country Invitational

Yes, it generally is more accurate. The GPS watches have minimum movement changes and typically are long on courses that involve many switchbacks. If it is long and straight with few sharp turns, they are usually pretty close. We have two one mile loops our kids run in practice. I have my...
  14. R

Eaton Invitational

Particularly when you are running all out. Why even post results in that situation?
  15. R

Lakota East, Lebanon, and Oak Hills girls in 3-way tie at Lebanon Invitational

There are no tie breakers in track meets, but XC is quite clear. There is an actual rule on it.