Recent content by Imareftoo

1. I

Three-point takedown, five-point near fall now a thing in high school

I like the new out of bounds rule. It is much easier to call. The mat space has always been an issue, even under all the previous alternative out of bounds guidelines. This rule makes it cut and dry, and the coaches will immediately understand calls that are whistled due to safety.
  2. I

Boro Class Rankings

Keegan Sell not making the list is interesting. He's 2x champ who beat a state champ in the final.
  3. I

Josie Davis DQ’d

If it turns into or is a choke, it is illegal. The "-chin whip" can be legal if properly done. But, if it comes against the throat and applies pressure (or if you turn the head with the chin), its illegal. This is why it is sometime allowed and sometimes not. Not sure what it was in this case.
  4. I

NCAA Brackets

Yes, a lot of these brackets are very questionable. I really wonder how Max Dean got seeded 9th. I may be missing something there?
  5. I

Are there any 2 day dual meet tournaments?

Not sure where you are, but Marlington runs one I think.
  6. I

WOW, tough break for Cooper shore!

That was a slam. After recovery you can choose to compete or not. Its the consequence of an illegal or penalty that injures someone. This is nothing new. It seems this happened early in the match. This can make the injury default a tough decision since there was no score and no clear way to...
  7. I

Div II - NE Perry District

Couple crazy results here.
  8. I

the annual throwing a match at districts thread will be heated the next couple weeks

To me you're readjusting the draw for yourself. You can do it. But, it will cost one of your two losses allowed. It's awful risky, and you are gambling that the rest of your own forecast in the bracket works out. But, I don't have a big problem with someone doing it.
  9. I

NFHS questionnaire survey

It was interesting reading the potential changes and questions the NFHS had for the high school wrestling rules. Most notably asking if the facial hair rules should remain in place and if we should go to one supporting point to remain in bounds. (Just to name a couple). Personally I would love...