Apple River Valley Stabbing...self defender convicted of murder. Bidens America

Seems like a jury disagrees with you. He threw the first punch! Explain self defense after throwing the first punch. He was not met with deadly force, but he chose to use deadly force.
He did? Hmmm...why did he do that?

He wasn't met with deadly force? You comfortable with possible being drowned?

Here's what I see.

1) He could have walked away from the situation. Him charging the group makes him an aggressor

2) He goes into the water. Unclear how. The story says he punched a woman. I didn't see this. Did he punch someone and someone punched back and that's how he got in?

3) Someone smacks him in the face. Guy in the yellow trunks pushes him

4) He emerges with the knife in hand

5) He and the kid in the yellow trunks lunge at each other, but one has a knife.

6) He continues slashing at people who are not going at him violently

He has a right to defend himself. Does he have the right to use deadly force in this case? I don't think I see it.

Also, the primary charge here is 1st degree reckless homicide. It's not murder.

Here's what I see.

1) He could have walked away from the situation. Him charging the group makes him an aggressor

2) He goes into the water. Unclear how. The story says he punched a woman. I didn't see this. Did he punch someone and someone punched back and that's how he got in?

3) Someone smacks him in the face. Guy in the yellow trunks pushes him

4) He emerges with the knife in hand

5) He and the kid in the yellow trunks lunge at each other, but one has a knife.

6) He continues slashing at people who are not going at him violently

He has a right to defend himself. Does he have the right to use deadly force in this case? I don't think I see it.

Also, the primary charge here is 1st degree reckless homicide. It's not murder.
I agree with much of what you say actually...

Bad situation brought on by stupidity.

He did? Hmmm...why did he do that?

He wasn't met with deadly force? You comfortable with possible being drowned?
Are you comfortable with a guy that punches a woman? Starting a fight? You would allow that? You would not defend her?

Explain why he approaches them to begin with and doesn't just let them drift by?

Hmmm...did he make contact with them first?
Might want to read the article you posted. For about the fifth time, he threw the first punch. Not only that, but he was blindly stabbing people that were not trying to engage him at all. Do we know if it's one of those people he was convicted for?

Might want to read the article you posted. For about the fifth time, he threw the first punch. Not only that, but he was blindly stabbing people that were not trying to engage him at all. Do we know if it's one of those people he was convicted for?
Was the guy Joe Biden by any chance?

Biden tries to touch people that aren't there, and says hello to dead people in the audience.

Here is what I saw in the video.

A confrontation between an older man who was clearly bothered by something. Not sure what he was bothered by but it definitely looked like the group of males. The group of males was intentionally agitating the guy and had significant numbers advantage. Not sure if the women that were in his face were with him, with the group of males, or neutral bystanders.

The article makes it out like he was a child molester who got caught in the act. That does not appear on the video at all. He could have walked away and prevented the whole thing. The group of males could have walked away and prevented the whole thing. It escalated into a dangerous situation and one person was killed.

The only attack that I saw on the video was the older man was pushed down and then smacked in the face. When he got up, the older man and male in the yellow shorts re-engaged and male in yellow shorts was stabbed.

In the video, I didn't see the older man stab anyone else, hit anyone, or have his hands around someone's throat. If that occurred, it was quick was not during the recording of this video.

Personally, I can't tell who was in the right and who was in the wrong. There is not enough video evidence.

Sadly, we live in a highly politically charged time where court cases are too often tried with other agendas. Not sure if this is the case for this trial or did they get it just right. It's tough to trust our system right now just because they say to "trust us."

You/ we have no idea how long this was going on and which children may have been involved.

Why does he charge them at the start of the video? They are just floating by. He could have avoided it all together right?
AS COULD THEY

who here do you find to be more aggressive ?

Seems like a jury disagrees with you. He threw the first punch! Explain self defense after throwing the first punch. He was not met with deadly force, but he chose to use deadly force.
Drowning is deadly still, right ? Go put your head in your toilet about a half an hour and find out.

Are you comfortable with a guy that punches a woman? Starting a fight? You would allow that? You would not defend her?

Explain why he approaches them to begin with and doesn't just let them drift by?
I'm comfortable with calling the police. Then deescalating right up to the point of fearing for my life. Then I shoot to kill. That was pack mentality on display. They outnumbered and acted like wolves. Play stupid game get a dead prize.

What does "comfortable" have to do with anything, except of course for a guy alone surrounded by aggressive harrassers, in a river ?

Stay out of your feelings, psycho_broad

I'm comfortable with calling the police. Then deescalating right up to the point of fearing for my life. Then I shoot to kill. That was pack mentality on display. They outnumbered and acted like wolves. Play stupid game get a dead prize.
That's not to say that the guy doesn't deserve to be punished, but most anyone - 98% of men that age ? - would feel threatened unless he knew those young men already.

Regardless of how it may have evolved, @oxat622 or @psycho_dad would both be petrified beyond reason if in the same basic scenario themselves. Yittin' kittens lol

Whoever wrote this article should never be allowed to cover a court case again. Just a shameful article...

He was using a "snorkel and goggles" when he approached "children". He "fell" into the river.

Regarding the young woman who was allegedly slapped/punched:

She told the investigators that she had pics of her "injury" on her cell phone. When they checked her phone, there weren't any. She then told the investigators that the pics were on her mom's cell phone. When they checked her mom's cell phone, there weren't any there either.

The slap/punch was not captured on the video/s.

Oddly enough, she was the only witness whose testimony was not televised, as she invoked a "victim's" privilege allowable by Wisconsin law.

I was with a group of older people at a basketball game this past Winter. We had a belligerent group of students that caused some issues and had to get the administrators and police involved. One female mocked an 85-year-old woman and a male pushed a 60-year-old woman.

It was amazing watching the Principal coddle his students (this was an away game for them). In the good old days, a student would be tossed by administrators before it could get that bad. In this instance, the Principal yelled at our group and begrudgingly asked the instigator to leave. As the male student was leaving, he lunged toward our group before deciding he might get into more trouble.

This is the type of behavior that I did not see in the past. This total disrespect for older adults. If my kids acted that way, they would be in very big trouble. I know that there are a number of parents that are still that way but it is getting silly how coddled some of these kids are. The Principal was afraid to punish them. No consequences lead to this type of attitude.

I was with a group of older people at a basketball game this past Winter. We had a belligerent group of students that caused some issues and had to get the administrators and police involved. One female mocked an 85-year-old woman and a male pushed a 60-year-old woman.

It was amazing watching the Principal coddle his students (this was an away game for them). In the good old days, a student would be tossed by administrators before it could get that bad. In this instance, the Principal yelled at our group and begrudgingly asked the instigator to leave. As the male student was leaving, he lunged toward our group before deciding he might get into more trouble.

This is the type of behavior that I did not see in the past. This total disrespect for older adults. If my kids acted that way, they would be in very big trouble. I know that there are a number of parents that are still that way but it is getting silly how coddled some of these kids are. The Principal was afraid to punish them. No consequences lead to this type of attitude.
Very sad to say that I see exactly what you are talking about all of the time, but very proud to say that my three sons are better than that, by a mile.

Yeah man. High five! Would have preferred if the kid died legally, but take what you can get, right?

What if the kids had called the police after the man hit one of their friends, rather than partaking in street (creek) justice? Could the kids have chosen that option? It didn’t appear from the video that they were saving the friend who was supposedly hit by the man. It looked more like went to hurt him as payback or revenge. That certainly led to the death of one of them and injuries to the others. The reason I said they deserved it is because of what a-holes they were being on the video. They were likely hoping to go viral with the video and, guess what, they did. I’ll bet they’ll not do that again.