Apple River Valley Stabbing...self defender convicted of murder. Bidens America

Has anyone heard of this story?

Bunch of drunk teens circle and beat an older man in a river while tubing...he defends himself..stabbing and killing one and injures others.

And he gets convicted of murder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FJB!!!!!!!!!!! F liberals!
Crime is down under Biden.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was with a group of older people at a basketball game this past Winter. We had a belligerent group of students that caused some issues and had to get the administrators and police involved. One female mocked an 85-year-old woman and a male pushed a 60-year-old woman.

It was amazing watching the Principal coddle his students (this was an away game for them). In the good old days, a student would be tossed by administrators before it could get that bad. In this instance, the Principal yelled at our group and begrudgingly asked the instigator to leave. As the male student was leaving, he lunged toward our group before deciding he might get into more trouble.

This is the type of behavior that I did not see in the past. This total disrespect for older adults. If my kids acted that way, they would be in very big trouble. I know that there are a number of parents that are still that way but it is getting silly how coddled some of these kids are. The Principal was afraid to punish them. No consequences lead to this type of attitude.
It's discouraging and normal behavior for many teens. Don't be a victim! Do what needs to be done.

It's discouraging and normal behavior for many teens. Don't be a victim! Do what needs to be done.
Well, wait until you get to the parking lot and you’re in your car in they’re and theirs, like “fried green tomatoes”, because there’s no insurance that covers you if you beat down a minor in a public place in front of witnesses. At least take a few good shots first, on video.

All I see is a contextless video of a bunch of probably drunk people. Hopefully the sentence is commensurate with a barfight gone bad. Also, if your friend gets stabbed, try not to scream like a lunatic and do nothing while you're on your phone. He'll appreciate it later.

Well, wait until you get to the parking lot and you’re in your car in they’re and theirs, like “fried green tomatoes”, because there’s no insurance that covers you if you beat down a minor in a public place in front of witnesses. At least take a few good shots first, on video.
Nah, be smart and tactical.

"Hes dying bro" as he continues to film rather than provide aid to his dying friend.
What's a little in-progress homicide matter when you can airdrop a video? I'm as libertarian as they come but if it was made law tomorrow that you need a license to use a smartphone I wouldn't exactly be sad.

The dopamine rush addiction from potentially having a video go viral is a real and disturbing thing. I’ve seen bunches of videos of people dying while someone they know, or a stranger they don’t know, calmly records their death rather than helping, so they can get likes and possibly internet famous.

That's not to say that the guy doesn't deserve to be punished, but most anyone - 98% of men that age ? - would feel threatened unless he knew those young men already.

Regardless of how it may have evolved, @oxat622 or @psycho_dad would both be petrified beyond reason if in the same basic scenario themselves. Yittin' kittens lol
What? Why am I catching strays? Man. Rent free.

What if the kids had called the police after the man hit one of their friends, rather than partaking in street (creek) justice? Could the kids have chosen that option? It didn’t appear from the video that they were saving the friend who was supposedly hit by the man. It looked more like went to hurt him as payback or revenge. That certainly led to the death of one of them and injuries to the others. The reason I said they deserved it is because of what a-holes they were being on the video. They were likely hoping to go viral with the video and, guess what, they did. I’ll bet they’ll not do that again.
"I'm okay with punishing a-holes with death."

The dopamine rush addiction from potentially having a video go viral is a real and disturbing thing. I’ve seen bunches of videos of people dying while someone they know, or a stranger they don’t know, calmly records their death rather than helping, so they can get likes and possibly internet famous.
Before cell phones I saved a guy from drowning in the middle of a lake while his buddy floated calmly nearby in his PFD. It seems some, probably many simply have no ability to react in a life or death situation. His buddies lack of reaction was the most striking part of that event to me.

Ox can’t answer the question.

“Hey what about these other things!?” -Oxazz
It's a disgusting and disappointing road you're trying to go down. First, you're waiting? What kind of sad desperation do you have in your life you need to hear from a stranger on a football website? Second, you're doubling down that a minor deserved to die and others deserved to suffer injuries. Third, you're 100% victim blaming. Yeah, let's set aside that the guy ran up on the group and exacerbated the situation, then emerged with a knife. What you're doing is really not a far cry from asking what a rape victim was wearing.

It's a disgusting and disappointing road you're trying to go down. First, you're waiting? What kind of sad desperation do you have in your life you need to hear from a stranger on a football website? Second, you're doubling down that a minor deserved to die and others deserved to suffer injuries. Third, you're 100% victim blaming. Yeah, let's set aside that the guy ran up on the group and exacerbated the situation, then emerged with a knife. What you're doing is really not a far cry from asking what a rape victim was wearing.

The group’s decisions and actions precipitated the death and injuries in the group. They “deserved” the outcome because it’s what their actions dictated. Deserved outcomes can be positive, negative, or neutral.

You still didn’t answer the question, though. Why not?

Again, what would the outcome on the river have been that day had they simply called the police instead of being aggressive toward him because they “thought he was a pedophile”? Wouldn’t that accusation have better been determined by the police instead of the group, who may have been wrong?

The group’s decisions and actions precipitated the death and injuries in the group. They “deserved” the outcome because it’s what their actions dictated. Deserved outcomes can be positive, negative, or neutral.

You still didn’t answer the question, though. Why not?
Because it would validate your victim blaming.
Again, what would the outcome on the river have been that day had they simply called the police instead of being aggressive toward him because they “thought he was a pedophile”? Wouldn’t that accusation have better been determined by the police instead of the group, who may have been wrong?
Because calling the cops is the natural escalation when "stop being a creep" is ignored, but that's no longer the priority when he exacerbates the situation by charging at them.

For those who have followed the trial closely, it was mentioned that he was looking for a lost phone in one of the articles. Did that stand up to scrutiny? Did they test the males and females in the HS group for drugs and alcohol? Does this person have any history of interactions with minors?

What could be frustrating about this whole story is that if he did lose a phone, there are plenty of HS students who would diligently help look for it until it was found. Seems like a bad combination of events led to a tragic outcome that ruined two lives.

Because it would validate your victim blaming.

That’s what I thought. You won’t answer the question because it would prove that, had these kids acted wisely, there would have been no deaths or injuries; thus proving that the group’s decisions and choices precipitated the problems, i.e. the outcome was what they deserved based on the poor choice of aggressively confronting the man rather than calling the police.

Because calling the cops is the natural escalation when "stop being a creep" is ignored, but that's no longer the priority when he exacerbates the situation by charging at them.

Had they called the police instead of confronting him aggressively, he would not have, could not have, charged at them. Their decision to be vigilantes changed everything. It’s more likely the group was attempting to get some “social justice” caught on video for likes on the Gram.

What's a little in-progress homicide matter when you can airdrop a video? I'm as libertarian as they come but if it was made law tomorrow that you need a license to use a smartphone I wouldn't exactly be sad.
Id be the biggest cheerleader on the floor for that one! haha

Before cell phones I saved a guy from drowning in the middle of a lake while his buddy floated calmly nearby in his PFD. It seems some, probably many simply have no ability to react in a life or death situation. His buddies lack of reaction was the most striking part of that event to me.

Was his buddy unaware or immobile from panic? That’s a real thing too. Some people freeze to the point of paralysis under pressure. Some people are natural born heroes and some just aren’t. I read a study years ago that the types of personalities most likely to be heroes and/or save a life are people with criminal backgrounds. They don’t panic under pressure because they’re adept in pressure situations that are similar in nature to committing crimes.

I’m not a criminal myself, but I grew up very blue collar, fighting often as a youth, and have seen a lot of terrible things, stabbings and shootings and some bad beatings, so I feel like that puts me in that non-panic under pressure category. In seventh grade, I pulled a girl who couldn’t swim from a rushing river while two teachers and a camp counselor stood by not knowing what to do. I climbed down a steep embankment and held on to a tree and pulled her out. They honored me at my middle school the following week.

I also probably saved my son’s life twice from choking, but that was just parental instincts kicking in. I may have also saved my buddy’s life in 8th grade. We made a 10 foot high 20 foot wide snow pile and were attempting to dig a tunnel from one side to the other side. We all went inside from being freezing cold and I happened to look out the back door and noticed a small hole at the top of the snow pile where it dipped down like the top of a volcano. He had been under there trying to kick through from one tunnel to the other and it collapsed in on him, but we thought he had gone home. We dug him out, turning blue and almost unconscious. He’d been trapped for about 15 minutes, but we probably wouldn’t have gone back out there at all because it was late. I was lucky to have seen it. He’s dead now from an overdose, but he never let me forget how I helped him. I saw hm once at a festival back home 15 years or so after we graduated, all messed up on drugs, hadn’t seen him since high school, and that was the first thing he said to me lol.

Last edited: