2022 SWBL

Carlisle wins in OT 61-54. 23 for Carlisle had 31 points. He’s pretty good. Monroe played better than I thought or Carlisle had an off night. Monroe finishes 9-13. On to the tournament BUZZ BUZZ.🐝

Carlisle wins in OT 61-54. 23 for Carlisle had 31 points. He’s pretty good. Monroe played better than I thought or Carlisle had an off night. Monroe finishes 9-13. On to the tournament.

Lawson had 31 points for Indians. Monroe played hard and gave the Indians all they could ask for. Credit to the hornets for never quitting. Many time Carlisle would go on a run and Monroe would answer with a 3. Lawson is a sophmore and has established himself in discussion for POY in west.

Carlisle 48
Emmanuel Christian 38

Senior Night for Indians, Smith scored his 1,000 career point tonight. Indians were led by Rowe (12) Lawson (11) Smith (10). The Indians improved to 19-3 on season.

Carlisle 48
Emmanuel Christian 38

Senior Night for Indians, Smith scored his 1,000 career point tonight. Indians were led by Rowe (12) Lawson (11) Smith (10). The Indians improved to 19-3 on season.
Rough weekend to end on going in to the tournament....overtime with 9-13 Monroe and then up 2 at half and win by 10 over 8-14 Emmanuel Christian. Will they be ready for Indian Lake, who is considerably better than the teams they played this weekend?

Rough weekend to end on going in to the tournament....overtime with 9-13 Monroe and then up 2 at half and win by 10 over 8-14 Emmanuel Christian. Will they be ready for Indian Lake, who is considerably better than the teams they played this weekend?
Time will tell, they didn’t play their best game last night for sure. Friday night was a good basketball game. Monroe plays hard and came to play. Indian lake will be a tough test for the Indians but think Indians matchup well with them. They will definitely have to play better than they did last night for sure.

Time will tell, they didn’t play their best game last night for sure. Friday night was a good basketball game. Monroe plays hard and came to play. Indian lake will be a tough test for the Indians but think Indians matchup well with them. They will definitely have to play better than they did last night for sure.
Indian Lake coming off two consecutive losses. ( Versailles by 10) and North Union in OT on Friday.

What do you all think? Im going to put 3 guys stats out there and see which one you all would go with.

Player A 13 league games Position (PG/SG)
206 points 15.8 ppg
67/144. 46.5%
18/44 from three 40.9%
54/65 from foul line 83.1%
2.1 assists per game
3.3 rebounds per game

Player B 11 league games Position (PG/SG)
180 points 16.4 ppg
63/135 46.7%
8/40 from three 20%
46/60 from foul line 76.7%
2.6 assists per game
5.2 rebounds per game

Player C 13 league games Position (SG/SF)
181 points 13.9 ppg
60/147 40.8%
19/64 from three 29.7%
42/62 from foul line 67.7%
1.8 assists per game
4.8 rebounds per game

I

Last edited:
What do you all think? Im going to put 3 guys stats out there and see which one you all would go with.

Player A 13 league games Position (PG/SG)
206 points 15.8 ppg
67/144. 46.5%
18/44 from three 40.9%
54/65 from foul line 83.1%
2.1 assists per game
3.3 rebounds per game

Player B 11 league games Position (PG/SG)
180 points 16.4 ppg
63/135 46.7%
8/40 from three 20%
46/60 from foul line 76.7%
2.6 assists per game
5.2 rebounds per game

Player C 13 league games Position (SG/SF)
181 points 13.9 ppg
60/147 40.8%
19/64 from three 29.7%
42/62 from foul line 67.7%
1.8 assists per game
4.8 rebounds per game

I
Go with for what? All three seem like nice players

Significant amount of NIL and scholorship money in play here. Can only hope the coaches take this seriously and review Yappi before casting their vote.

Significant amount of NIL and scholorship money in play here. Can only hope the coaches take this seriously and review Yappi before casting their vote.
Gotcha, SWBL player of the year voting.....my guess is those are stats for Lawson/Ahmed/Smith

Gotcha, SWBL player of the year voting.....my guess is those are stats for Lawson/Ahmed/Smith
Maxwell named POY in East and Smith/Ahmed split in West.

Madison lands Whisman and Combs on 1st team and honorable mention for Stanley.

Whisman and Combs both back
Next year. Future looks bright for Mohawk basketball.

Correct, my bad didn’t list that. All three are very solid. My thoughts are you can’t give it to someone who got suspended for two league games. Just wanted to see everyone’s opinion on it.

Yappi is a discussion website. Just wanted peoples opinion and what they thought. Obviously something you didn’t like?

Correct, my bad didn’t list that. All three are very solid. My thoughts are you can’t give it to someone who got suspended for two league games. Just wanted to see everyone’s opinion on it.
Completely agree. If you would have seen the game he got two techs in you would not be voting for him for any awards. I don’t care what his numbers were

Maxwell and Smith POY

younger guys have to prove they can be the man without the help. Nobody game plans for Rowe.

Good season to Carlisle. Finished the season at 19-4. Indian Lake took care of business I see.

62-51 Indian Lake

Good season to Carlisle. Finished the season at 19-4. Indian Lake took care of business I see.

62-51 Indian Lake
Good season for the Indians tonight was not their best performance. Hats off to Indian Lake and wish them the best of luck the rest of way. Congratulations to Nicol as well for scoring his 1,000 point as a junior.
Lawson (15) smith (10) to lead Indians.

The past two seasons has big big improvements at Carlisle. John Giles has changed their culture and is building a program. Tough night tonight but they have been making the right strides and continue to improve every season.

Completely agree. If you would have seen the game he got two techs in you would not be voting for him for any awards. I don’t care what his numbers were

Maxwell and Smith POY

younger guys have to prove they can be the man without the help. Nobody game plans for Rowe.
appreciate your take. the top 3 had Lawson, Ramy and Smith. Player A was Lawson and I feel his league play should have been there with Smith. I get SMith is a Senior but Lawson was a huge reason For Carlisle success. Everyone had a role on team and they did it well. Just stinks if your looking at Grade rather than performance on the court. I get It though as you have to put your time in.

The past two seasons has big big improvements at Carlisle. John Giles has changed their culture and is building a program. Tough night tonight but they have been making the right strides and continue to improve every season.
Agree, it used to be painful to watch Carlisle because they were so undisciplined.

How did they lose?
Indian Lake scored more points 😉

From looking at tweets Indian Lake won the middle two quarters 30-13 and their big two had 50 of the Lakers 62 points. Experience is big in the tournament and I saw a tweet, not sure if correct, that Carlisle hasn't won a tournament game since 2015 and Indian Lake has played in two straight district finals.