College Football 2022-2023

Edwards is an f-in dancer and Michigan is still pretending their O is stronger that TCU's three DLs. The UM line is narrowing itself to block the D, making it SO easy for an LB to come around and get Edwards while he's dancing.

I still think Michigan comes back to win. Shouldā€™ve taken point on the first drive then turn around and throw a pick 6. Sucks feeling like I should root for them lol.

They got screwed on the TD but geez, Harbough you d-f. Again outthinks his own az. How hard is it to just run a normal run play?

I still think Michigan comes back to win. Shouldā€™ve taken point on the first drive then turn around and throw a pick 6. Sucks feeling like I should root for them lol.
If it were players I'd agree. Right now, the way I'm seeing it, it's coaching, play calls. He never had the ball but it's also 4 or 5 times I've seen the ball slip out of a michigan's player's hands.

So this is what ESPN looks like? I got the youtube 2 day free trial. First time I've been able to see anything but ESPN3 without using a website that appears to snag videos off screens. I don't exactly how they get. The color and quality are ok but it's like all depth perception has been removed.

Oh wow. After the Iowa-Kentucky game, they intervied big LB Jack Campbell who had had a terrific game. He played that game not knowing his Grandfather had gotten hit and killed just before the game. His family chose not to tell him.

Ok, so here's my thoughts on the games tomorrow.

TCU over Michigan - yes, my premise is that Michigan And Ohio State simply are not that good. They were given high rankings early in the season and as we know, unless you lose, you don't drop. The big ten was horrendously trash this season, even worse than normal. Outside of the Ohio State game, Michigan's best win is at home vs. Penn State, who I've questioned all season. TCU has more quality wins than anyone in the country. The big 12 gets knocked for being weak, but that league is better top to bottom than the big ten, and it's not close.

Georgia over Ohio State - Part of me sees this as a 2015 Buckeye season, where they got an invite to the playoffs that I feel wasn't deserved, but they upset Alabama in the semis and won it all a week later. But Georgia's been so solid all year. Since the Buckeyes ripped Iowa in October, it's been a struggle for them, other than the Indiana game and they are just horrible. I just think while it may be close for a quarter, or possibly to half, Georgia's consistency and balance on both sides will prevail. Somehow, Stetson Bennett continues to get overlooked but all he does is win. Georgia's going to have to commit some turnovers for Ohio State to win this game.
Drop The Mic GIF by In Real Life

Sorry, but your summary doesnā€™t match the events at all. You predicted blowouts, as if Michigan and Ohio State couldnā€™t hang. Both had chances to win in the end, so your narrative is false. The B1G, even with the two losses yesterday, looks strong this postseason. Underrated this year. The Big 12 looks bad, with TCU rescuing them from a total disaster and the SEC is having a mediocre bowl season, though they will probably have a team win another natty next week. So no mic drop. Now bows. Your analysis of the B1G isnā€™t even close.

The B1G, even with the two losses yesterday, looks strong this postseason. Underrated this year.
We already agreed yesterday that you canā€™t judge a conference based on Bowl results. I mean, why even account for games where teams like UK and Oklahoma State are using new QBs because their big-time QBs are going pro or transferring? Itā€™s a foolā€™s errand.

Look at in-season results and itā€™s a far less rosy picture for the Big Ten:

Big Ten West champ Purdue lost to Syracuse, who @Orin Swift has repeatedly said isnā€™t good.

Iowa lost to Big 12 doormat Iowa State.

Nebraska lost to Georgia Southern.

Michigan State got pounded by Washington.

Washington State humbled Wisconsin in Madison.

Northwestern lost to Duke, Miami (OH) and Southern Illinois.

Michigan played zero relevant non-conference opponents.

The positive side of the Big Ten ledger doesnā€™t go very far beyond Ohio State surviving against Notre Dame at home and Penn State destroying an Auburn team that was in disarray.

Itā€™s more than fair to say the Big Ten was terrible this year once you get past the top two, and also itā€™s fair to argue that the top two werenā€™t adequately challenged enough to put two Big Ten teams in the playoff.

Itā€™s true, itā€™s true. Trust me ā€¦

A day that began dreaming of the Big Ten having a pair of teams in the national title game ended with the league going empty handed. The league's focus goes from the anticipatory euphoria of the conference's first national title since 2014 to the leadership questions hovering over the league, with Commissioner Kevin Warren having interviewed to become the president of the Chicago Bears. It only took one minute into 2023 for the Big Ten's issues to be ushered to the forefront.

The playoffs had four college football teams seeded 1 through 4. You know the list.

If I were to pick the best four teams in college football this year I would go with (alphabetically) Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State and Tennessee.

Sorry, never bought into TCU or the Big 12 this year. And no, not Michigan either. Thatā€™s why it was so frustrating to watch OSU lose to them with the idiot DC playing the run like Eric Dickerson and Earl Campbell were in the backfield and making mediocre McCarthy look like Dan Fouts.

Sorry, but your summary doesnā€™t match the events at all. You predicted blowouts, as if Michigan and Ohio State couldnā€™t hang. Both had chances to win in the end, so your narrative is false. The B1G, even with the two losses yesterday, looks strong this postseason. Underrated this year. The Big 12 looks bad, with TCU rescuing them from a total disaster and the SEC is having a mediocre bowl season, though they will probably have a team win another natty next week. So no mic drop. Now bows. Your analysis of the B1G isnā€™t even close.
I'll give you that with the Buckeyes/ Bulldogs game. But again let's look at this. Buckeyes were only a 7 point underdog, you see some of the rants from Buckeye nation yesterday the "everyone said we didn't belong" rhetoric....huh??? Almost all week, all I heard from Cowherd/ Klatt and the other 100's of "experts" is that the Buckeyes would likely make it a close game if not win.
Ohio State played nearly a flawless game last night. I've seen most of Ohio State's games this season and that was 4 full quarters of football for a team who struggled with consistency all season. No turnovers, few penalties, Georgia missed two FG's, had a pick that set up a score and they still lose in the closing minutes. Most of the theme postgame was Georgia didn't play well and still won.
Now onto the Wolverines. This is what I expected. They played virtually no one all season, the big ten is trash except for Ohio State and Penn State and Penn State was wobbly all season with little offense. Michigan hung their hat on their "physical" play and they got pushed around by the Big 12s' TCU, a program that's got very little pub historically.
This is why the pundits need to STOP preseason rankings and just the popular teams. We had no idea how good Michigan was. They hadn't played a team like TCU all season. You don't think TCU could have won the big ten this year? Heck Kansas State and 2-3 other Big 12 schools could have competed in the big ten this season. We won't even go to what the SEC teams could do.

Stop looking at the bowl season overall, most of the non-playoff schools have many key guys opt out - which I wholeheartedly disagree with - but it's the new reality. You really think Kentucky loses to Iowa with Will Levis at QB??? C'mon Man!

A day that began dreaming of the Big Ten having a pair of teams in the national title game ended with the league going empty handed. The league's focus goes from the anticipatory euphoria of the conference's first national title since 2014 to the leadership questions hovering over the league, with Commissioner Kevin Warren having interviewed to become the president of the Chicago Bears. It only took one minute into 2023 for the Big Ten's issues to be ushered to the forefront.

Kevin Warren going to the Bears wouldn't be a bad thing for the big ten.

The playoffs had four college football teams seeded 1 through 4. You know the list.

If I were to pick the best four teams in college football this year I would go with (alphabetically) Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State and Tennessee.

Sorry, never bought into TCU or the Big 12 this year. And no, not Michigan either. Thatā€™s why it was so frustrating to watch OSU lose to them with the idiot DC playing the run like Eric Dickerson and Earl Campbell were in the backfield and making mediocre McCarthy look like Dan Fouts.
So after Michigan beat Ohio State by 22 in the horseshoe you're going to put them in the playoff?? Based on what? Look, you have to make the events of the season account for something. Alabama may be one of the best 4, but they lost two games and you just can't put teams into playoffs because you "think" they are better. TCU is a scrappy, tough rugged team that has more top 25 wins than anyone else. Their ceiling isn't as high and I fully expect Georgia to win by 17-21 points next Monday, but TCU definitely belongs.

So after Michigan beat Ohio State by 22 in the horseshoe you're going to put them in the playoff?? Based on what? Look, you have to make the events of the season account for something. Alabama may be one of the best 4, but they lost two games and you just can't put teams into playoffs because you "think" they are better. TCU is a scrappy, tough rugged team that has more top 25 wins than anyone else. Their ceiling isn't as high and I fully expect Georgia to win by 17-21 points next Monday, but TCU definitely belongs.
Iā€™m not talking about the playoffs, or who should be in the playoffs. Iā€™m just stating who I feel are the best four teams this season. TCU can change my mind next week, but so far I go with OSU and the three SEC teams.

Stop looking at the bowl season overall, most of the non-playoff schools have many key guys opt out - which I wholeheartedly disagree with - but it's the new reality. You really think Kentucky loses to Iowa with Will Levis at QB??? C'mon Man!
The Will Levis that threw for under 100 yards and 3 picks against a terrible Tennessee pass defense...and who couldn't get off the bench competing against Sean Clifford at Penn State? That Will Levis? I'm sorry, but he's not very good and UK probably still loses. He might be the most overrated player in college football.

We already agreed yesterday that you canā€™t judge a conference based on Bowl results. I mean, why even account for games where teams like UK and Oklahoma State are using new QBs because their big-time QBs are going pro or transferring? Itā€™s a foolā€™s errand.

Look at in-season results and itā€™s a far less rosy picture for the Big Ten:

Big Ten West champ Purdue lost to Syracuse, who @Orin Swift has repeatedly said isnā€™t good.

Iowa lost to Big 12 doormat Iowa State.

Nebraska lost to Georgia Southern.

Michigan State got pounded by Washington.

Washington State humbled Wisconsin in Madison.

Northwestern lost to Duke, Miami (OH) and Southern Illinois.

Michigan played zero relevant non-conference opponents.

The positive side of the Big Ten ledger doesnā€™t go very far beyond Ohio State surviving against Notre Dame at home and Penn State destroying an Auburn team that was in disarray.

Itā€™s more than fair to say the Big Ten was terrible this year once you get past the top two, and also itā€™s fair to argue that the top two werenā€™t adequately challenged enough to put two Big Ten teams in the playoff.

They arenā€™t. Nor is any team in the Big 10 West so it doesnā€™t really help their argument.

But Iā€™m enjoying my rent free space in your head. šŸ˜‡

The Will Levis that threw for under 100 yards and 3 picks against a terrible Tennessee pass defense...and who couldn't get off the bench competing against Sean Clifford at Penn State? That Will Levis? I'm sorry, but he's not very good and UK probably still loses. He might be the most overrated player in college football.
Not to mention Iowa also started a new QB. Both QBā€™s were making their first start.

USC gets Tulane. Lol.

The B10 draws fans so they usually get some unfairly tilted bowl match-ups (Purdue vs LSU for instance).

When was the last time OSU or UM played someone like Tulane in a bowl game. What a joke.

USC and LSU would have made a great match-up and Tulane and Purdue seem more fitting in my book.

USC gets Tulane. Lol.

The B10 draws fans so they usually get some unfairly tilted bowl match-ups (Purdue vs LSU for instance).

When was the last time OSU or UM played someone like Tulane in a bowl game. What a joke.

USC and LSU would have made a great match-up and Tulane and Purdue seem more fitting in my book.
Someone always gets saddled with the Group of Five champion. I would have no interest in playing that opponent since thereā€™s no juice to a game like that. I bet USC fans werenā€™t thrilled that their bowl game is a yawner vs. Tulane.

I think bowl setup needs reexamined when new playoff starts
A central commissioner should choose all the bowl matchups. No more Conference tie-ins with bowl games or having the bowl organizer sending out invites.

Or just eliminate all the bowls.