Ohio State Buckeyes 2022

I’m all for OSU recruiting nationwide and filling the roster with talent wherever it’s found, but I suspect there probably could be more Ohio kids on the roster. I’m starting to believe the take that the recruiting services are getting predisposed to underranking kids from outside of the south and west. Yes, those are clearly the more productive areas and the quality of recruits in Ohio has slipped, but low ranked RBs from Ohio like Miyan, Benny Snell, Kareem Hunt, LeVeon Bell and others certainly produced much higher than their star rankings.

I’m sorry, but as Big Ten teams, drawing from that sweet revenue pile, eff calling off the dogs. Stop the other team. If you want to have mercy on Arkansas St. & Toledo, so be it. But not a conference opponent. Put your foot on their throat.
Few need to be higher on that list of need to do more with what they are receiving financially than Rutgers.

I saw a snippet that the TD they scored after the muffed punt was their first lead against Ohio State in the nine times they've played since joining the Big Ten. Ohio State has scored at least 49 points in all nine meetings. Embarrassing.

Few need to be higher on that list of need to do more with what they are receiving financially than Rutgers.

I saw a snippet that the TD they scored after the muffed punt was their first lead against Ohio State in the nine times they've played since joining the Big Ten. Ohio State has scored at least 49 points in all nine meetings. Embarrassing.
I believe another stat showed that OSU’s average margin of victory over Rutgers is currently the largest between in-conference P5 teams. Something close to 40, if I’m not mistaken. Gross. As a local radio personality on 97.1 here in Cbus likes to mention, they have done nothing to earn that “s”. They should only be referred to as Rutger. Lol.

I’m all for OSU recruiting nationwide and filling the roster with talent wherever it’s found, but I suspect there probably could be more Ohio kids on the roster. I’m starting to believe the take that the recruiting services are getting predisposed to underranking kids from outside of the south and west. Yes, those are clearly the more productive areas and the quality of recruits in Ohio has slipped, but low ranked RBs from Ohio like Miyan, Benny Snell, Kareem Hunt, LeVeon Bell and others certainly produced much higher than their star rankings.
It's an inexact science to be sure. And these kids do not exist in a vacuum. Meaning, when they are a 17 or 18 year old senior, they likely will change a lot in the next 2 years. On another note, I'm pretty sure Bell couldn't qualify at Ohio State.

I agree with the D. Still waiting for the sacks. Mertz avoided them very well yesterday. A better qb could have caused some damage. With the play of Stover and not having their number 1 receiver, I would take OSU's offense over anybody else's in the country. Hope to see the D at full strength some time this year.
Rutgers passes in first half: 11 (including a WR throwback and 1 pass attempt negated by penalty) More pass plays were called, but the QB ran before or when the 2 sec ran out.

Passes the QB held the ball for more than 2 sec: 0.

I don't care to stat the 2nd half, but the lack of sacks is partially, perhaps substantially, due to opposing OCs not wanting to do more than 3 step drops. Hard to get there when the ball is out in less than 2 seconds. But there was substantial pressure on almost every throw.

So, factor that in. If opposing QBs are routinely taking 5-7 step drops and standing back there surveying for 4 or 5 seconds and the OSU defense isnt getting sacks, thats a problem. If QBs are getting rid of the ball quickly and not even trying to hold the ball for more than 2 sec, that's a sign of respect and a belief that they don't think they can block the rushers for 3 or 4 seconds. FWIW.

I believe another stat showed that OSU’s average margin of victory over Rutgers is currently the largest between in-conference P5 teams. Something close to 40, if I’m not mistaken. Gross. As a local radio personality on 97.1 here in Cbus likes to mention, they have done nothing to earn that “s”. They should only be referred to as Rutger. Lol.
The average score in this series through nine games is 53 to 10.9, an average margin of victory of over 42 points.

Rutgers makes relegation sound like a not so bad idea.

If my quick math is correct Rutgers has won 12 conference games since they arrived. No one else is even close

Again, not exactly sure where this defense lands against good offenses as they have played mostly terrible offenses so far but a comparison to last year, through 5 games:

2021 - 1,257 yards and 8 touchdowns allowed
2022 - 767 yards and 4 touchdowns allowed

Even if they aren’t actually a top 10 defense in the country, they are drastically improved. And IMO, the defense is only going to get better. A lot of young talent playing at all levels except LB.

This is the opposite of what created problems for Texas in recent history. These big name programs in state seem to get at least a 1 star boosting because of the name on the front of the jersey. They have a political reality at Texas to bring in the top rated talent from in state regardless of what the coaches think of these players or if better platers outside of the state want to play for the Longhorns. Lord help Coach Sarkasian if he passes on the big kid from Allen or Katy because of concerns on the kids ability to translate to the next level, those coaches/handlers/boosters might then point the next big player to A&M or the other in state schools the next go around. Outside of Florida & California no other state has this great of a threat. Some in the coaching world think Ohio State, UGA, & LSU have a great advantage by not having to worry about the local coaches pointing talent to another option in state option.

So does the Ohio State football team ever play any road games or nah? Hard to judge a team when they’re too chicken to play anybody on the road.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

So does the Ohio State football team ever play any road games or nah? Hard to judge a team when they’re too chicken to play anybody on the road.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …
The order and dates of six of their nine games have changed as part of an adjustment to the entire league schedule. Lol.