Ohio State Buckeyes 2022

The order and dates of six of their nine games have changed as part of an adjustment to the entire league schedule. Lol.
Let’s not act like this type of thing is a one-time occurrence for the Buckeyes. If I cared to go back and look, I’m sure I could find plenty of Septembers in the past where the Buckeyes never left Columbus.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Let’s not act like this type of thing is a one-time occurrence for the Buckeyes. If I cared to go back and look, I’m sure I could find plenty of Septembers in the past where the Buckeyes never left Columbus.

Where did I cite that it was a "one-time occurrence"? You referenced this year's schedule, and I told you why they haven't been on the road as yet. But if you want to pivot, go ahead. Lol.

Bet you cant find 1 in the last 10 years outside 2020 when the season didn’t start until October and this one time occurrence.

Bet you cant find 1 in the last 10 years outside 2020 when the season didn’t start until October and this one time occurrence.
2012: Started off with 4 straight home games. Did not leave home until Sept 29 at MSU.

2014: Started off with 4 straight home games. Did not leave home until Oct 4 at Maryland.

2018: Started off with 4 straight home games. Did not leave home until Sept 29 at Penn St.

Several other years in there had them starting with 3 out of 4 home games or 4 out of 5. Not exactly what I’d call “fair and balanced” scheduling tactics.

2012: Started off with 4 straight home games. Did not leave home until Sept 29 at MSU.

2014: Started off with 4 straight home games. Did not leave home until Oct 4 at Maryland.

2018: Started off with 4 straight home games. Did not leave home until Sept 29 at Penn St.

Several other years in there had them starting with 3 out of 4 home games or 4 out of 5. Not exactly what I’d call “fair and balanced” scheduling tactics.

So just 1 year and they played in Maryland against Navy on August 30th. Seems more like a one off thing than a common occurrence.

Welcome to life in P5 conference football. Seems like you’ll be shocked to hear how many away conference games Bama has played under Saban.

So just 1 year and they played in Maryland against Navy on August 30th. Seems more like a one off thing than a common occurrence.

Welcome to life in P5 conference football. Seems like you’ll be shocked to hear how many away conference games Bama has played under Saban.
I don’t like it for Bama either, although there are some mitigating circumstances there. 1. They’re usually playing a pretty good opponent at a neutral site to start the season. 2. They play in the SEC West, where they’re guaranteed at minimum at least 3 very good opponents in their division and sometimes more like 5. Plus there are rarely lay-up opponents in the SEC West the likes of typical Rutgers and Indiana teams. Although Auburn should be a lay-up opponent for them this year.

What administration wouldn't advocate for more home games? Lol. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

What administration wouldn't advocate for more home games? Lol. Seems like a no-brainer to me.
Why? So they can make more money so they can massively overpay coaches and prop up all the sports that don’t generate any revenue? How about this: Play one extra road game or at least a neutral site game and tell the teams who play allegedly popular sports like soccer to go bring in some ticket revenue in or get axed (like UC did with men’s soccer awhile back).

I would think any AD with a sense of fair play wouldn’t have his team play nothing but home games until the Midwest has its first overnight frost and GreatAmerican BallPark has been turned into a Spirit Halloween pop-up shop.

I would think ADs and fans would want their team to be seen in the best public light possible. That involves playing at least one road game before you play four home games. They shouldn’t want wise scholars like Mr. Champion to have to downgrade their team on the Internet because we all know teams are more susceptible to losing on the road early before the team is a cohesive unit, like Alabama almost losing at Texas, or Notre Dame losing at Ohio State.

Bottom line: Ohio State can’t be regarded the same as Alabama, Georgia, Clemson or USC until they prove something on the road — and against woeful Michigan State doesn’t count!

I don’t like it for Bama either, although there are some mitigating circumstances there. 1. They’re usually playing a pretty good opponent at a neutral site to start the season. 2. They play in the SEC West, where they’re guaranteed at minimum at least 3 very good opponents in their division and sometimes more like 5. Plus there are rarely lay-up opponents in the SEC West the likes of typical Rutgers and Indiana teams. Although Auburn should be a lay-up opponent for them this year.

I wonder why 'bama plays neutral site games while Ohio State plays home and home? Oh, actually 'bama is going to play a home and home in the future, and it's against Ohio State. I wonder why they don't do that every year? The big Ten, unlike the SEC doesn't typically schedule out of conference cupcakes mid season. It's just a different scheduling philosophy. The SEC likes to play cupcakes before thier rivalry games. So Ohio state is always going to have 3 out of conference games then a home and home with a P5 school. Ohio State's future schedules have games at Washington, at Oregon, at Texas, at Alabama, and at Georgia. So playing away games is one thing. Playing these away games is something else. And playing in the SEC is clearly much more difficult, which must be why they only play only 8 conference games, to the BIG's 9.

Why? So they can make more money so they can massively overpay coaches and prop up all the sports that don’t generate any revenue? How about this: Play one extra road game or at least a neutral site game and tell the teams who play allegedly popular sports like soccer to go bring in some ticket revenue in or get axed (like UC did with men’s soccer awhile back).

I would think any AD with a sense of fair play wouldn’t have his team play nothing but home games until the Midwest has its first overnight frost and GreatAmerican BallPark has been turned into a Spirit Halloween pop-up shop.

I would think ADs and fans would want their team to be seen in the best public light possible. That involves playing at least one road game before you play four home games. They shouldn’t want wise scholars like Mr. Champion to have to downgrade their team on the Internet because we all know teams are more susceptible to losing on the road early before the team is a cohesive unit, like Alabama almost losing at Texas, or Notre Dame losing at Ohio State.

Bottom line: Ohio State can’t be regarded the same as Alabama, Georgia, Clemson or USC until they prove something on the road — and against woeful Michigan State doesn’t count!

lol come on, you’re smart enough to know that’s an incredibly stupid question.

Doesn’t really matter on October 3rd, does it?

It's not true and I don't trust a thing you say or take it serious. Lol

I wonder why 'bama plays neutral site games while Ohio State plays home and home? Oh, actually 'bama is going to play a home and home in the future, and it's against Ohio State. I wonder why they don't do that every year? The big Ten, unlike the SEC doesn't typically schedule out of conference cupcakes mid season. It's just a different scheduling philosophy. The SEC likes to play cupcakes before thier rivalry games. So Ohio state is always going to have 3 out of conference games then a home and home with a P5 school. Ohio State's future schedules have games at Washington, at Oregon, at Texas, at Alabama, and at Georgia. So playing away games is one thing. Playing these away games is something else. And playing in the SEC is clearly much more difficult, which must be why they only play only 8 conference games, to the BIG's 9.
The Big Ten also plays cupcakes before their rivalry games. It’s just that those cupcakes happen to be other Big Ten conference members. This year, for example, the following apply as cupcakes: Rutgers, Indiana, Michigan State, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska. And that’s being generous to mediocre teams like Maryland, Illinois and Minnesota. The Big Ten stinks like a sewer.

I notice that these games against Alabama and Georgia that you want credit for don’t occur until 2030 or later. I only give half-credit on scheduling those because:

1. Nick Saban will be retired by then, so OSU ducks Saban’s Bama (much like 2002 OSU ducked Iowa).

2. Gene Smith had to have known the playoff would inevitably be at 12 or 16 teams by 2030, so Ohio State taking losses to SEC teams won’t torpedo their season by that time like it would right now.

Even so, there’s a good chance that Notre Dame will sink Ohio State’s season next September. (I notice OSU isn’t man enough to open the season at Notre Dame like Notre Dame was willing to do this year.)

I will give OSU credit for playing both Texas and Washington in 2025 although of course both games are in Columbus.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
The Big Ten also plays cupcakes before their rivalry games. It’s just that those cupcakes happen to be other Big Ten conference members. This year, for example, the following apply as cupcakes: Rutgers, Indiana, Michigan State, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska. And that’s being generous to mediocre teams like Maryland, Illinois and Minnesota. The Big Ten stinks like a sewer.

I notice that these games against Alabama and Georgia that you want credit for don’t occur until 2030 or later. I only give half-credit on scheduling those because:

1. Nick Saban will be retired by then, so OSU ducks Saban’s Bama (much like 2002 OSU ducked Iowa).

2. Gene Smith had to have known the playoff would inevitably be at 12 or 16 teams by 2030, so Ohio State taking losses to SEC teams won’t torpedo their season by that time like it would right now.

Even so, there’s a good chance that Notre Dame will sink Ohio State’s season next September. (I notice OSU isn’t man enough to open the season at Notre Dame like Notre Dame was willing to do this year.)

I will give OSU credit for playing both Texas and Washington in 2025 although of course both games are in Columbus.

You are a fool if you think playing any big ten team is equivalent to they cupcakes the SEC play mid season. Sorta seems you might not know a whole lot about college football if you think they are similar. I'm not sure why it matters when the games are played. Ohio State plays an OOC P5 school home and home every year and has for a very long time.

Ohio State already beat Saban's Alabama, has Notre Dame done that?

Ohio State historically doesn't lose to ND, so it really doesn't matter when we play them.

lol come on, you’re smart enough to know that’s an incredibly stupid question.

Doesn’t really matter on October 3rd, does it?
If I were a current recruit making my college decision and I see Alabama getting a gritty win in front of 100K at Texas and winning going away at ranked Arkansas; I see USC ascending so that they’re ready to be the Big Ten’s big dog when they arrive in the conference; I see Georgia decimate Oregon; I see Clemson win multiple marquee ABC games vs ranked opponents; and then I see Ohio State struggle against QB-less Notre Dame before going out of sight, out of mind on the BTN against the likes of Toledo and Rutgers, I’m going to one of the other schools.

It's not true and I don't trust a thing you say or take it serious. Lol
I literally posted above in this thread four different instances in the past 11 seasons (2012, 14, 18, 22) of it being at least Game 5 or later before Ohio State goes to play a road game. So it is true, it’s damn true.

If I were a current recruit making my college decision and I see Alabama getting a gritty win in front of 100K at Texas and winning going away at ranked Arkansas; I see USC ascending so that they’re ready to be the Big Ten’s big dog when they arrive in the conference; I see Georgia decimate Oregon; I see Clemson win multiple marquee ABC games vs ranked opponents; and then I see Ohio State struggle against QB-less Notre Dame before going out of sight, out of mind on the BTN against the likes of Toledo and Rutgers, I’m going to one of the other schools.

Well all that tells me is how little research you put in. But if you wanna show off your ignorance and short sightedness on college football, be my guest.

1) Recruits saw 100k home fans play #5 ND, weird you’d take being on a visit at unranked Texas to see visitor Bama barely squeeze by Texas team that: 1) went 5-7 last year: 2) had to use their backup QB for most of the game over watching OSU at home and seeing your potential future home crowd. Arkansas? They barely squeaked by mid major UC, again you’d rather visit Arkansas to see visitor Bama?

2) That might be enticing if I, as a recruit, did zero research on Lincoln Riley and Alex Grinch. Great city to live in though, no doubt. Awesome program to eventually be a participation trophy chest thumper.

3) As a recruit why would I hyper fixate on 1 game against a new HC with okay talent and a bad QB while ignoring how UGA looked against terrible teams in Kent State and Mizzou? I guess they can be given a benefit of the doubt based on how they performed in the past. If you’re on offense outside RBs though? Pass

4) why would I care that Clemson has a couple of ABC games that will compete with the superior SEC starting next year for prime time slots? At Ohio State a recruit can be seen on Fox, CBS and NBC.

5) Buchner was healthy, so not QB-less. But if you want to brag about being the type of fan who sh*ts on his favorite team’s players, be my guest. Not to mention, OSU averages more prime time games than USC and Clemson combined in any given year for the last decade.

We agree on one thing: ND doesn’t belong in the discussion of options like Bama, USC, UGA, Clemson and Ohio State. Also, great troll post. Elicited a rather lengthy response.

I literally posted above in this thread four different instances in the past 11 seasons (2012, 14, 18, 22) of it being at least Game 5 or later before Ohio State goes to play a road game. So it is true, it’s damn true.

September is non-conference month. Ohio State's schedule, and every other major program's, will have at least 2 non-con home games. Some programs will have 3.

Having Ohio State play at, say, Toledo or Ark St is absurd for a multitude of reasons, although Toledo did host Ohio St in Cleveland at First Energy once.

Before there were 9 conference games, there could be 4 home games to start the season (this is the case with the SEC and others now) and the 5th game might be home depending on how the conference schedule dictates. If a major home and home game is scheduled, there will be 3 home non-con games one year and 2 the next. There is no other way it can be done and no one does it any different.

The lie is in the implication you are making and not putting it into the proper context.

You are merely a troll - and not a good one. I can appreciate a good troll if it's clever or humorous. Yours are neither and more on the silly, childish level.

It's true, it's true - except for the 7 times out of 11 it isn't. Lol

Last edited:

Well now you’re just moving goalposts. First it was a common occurrence they don’t leave Columbus at all in September. So no, it isn’t true.

Do you have an inside track that Saban is going to retire before 2027? He is 70 yrs old and is signed through 2030.

That’s how home and homes work. They play at Washington in 2024 and at Texas in 2026, just like they will play at Norte Dame next year.

The non-conference schedule contracts are made almost a decade in advance. Every team does that, not just OSU. Expecting them to schedule Alabama in Tuscaloosa next year is not logistically realistic.

Have you seen ttun schedule? 😂😂😂😂

Reactions: y2h
The Buckeyes must have a team that everyone is scared to play with all these yehalls on here posting silly crap. I love it! Keep it up !👍🏻😎😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Go Buckeyes!

You’re not. You’re just a very ignorant person spewing stupidity on a message board.

You are a fool if you think playing any big ten team is equivalent to they cupcakes the SEC play mid season. Sorta seems you might not know a whole lot about college football if you think they are similar. I'm not sure why it matters when the games are played. Ohio State plays an OOC P5 school home and home every year and has for a very long time.

Ohio State already beat Saban's Alabama, has Notre Dame done that?

Ohio State historically doesn't lose to ND, so it really doesn't matter when we play them.
Notre Dame hasn’t beaten Saban’s Alabama, but Ohio State’s only win over Bama was Saban’s second-worst Bama team, only better than his first season (2007). You’re really gonna beat your chest about beating Blake Sims???

Mark my words: Ohio State will lose to Notre Dame next year. They would’ve lost to Notre Dame this year if ND had a good QB. And you know it.

They never leave the south (alabama). If you want to be a cheerleader for the SEC fine but go do it on another thread.

We agree on one thing: ND doesn’t belong in the discussion of options like Bama, USC, UGA, Clemson and Ohio State. Also, great troll post. Elicited a rather lengthy response.
ND has dominated USC over the past decade and beat Clemson a couple years ago. And will beat Ohio State next year.

I agree they’re not on the top shelf with Bama and UGA right now, although that certainly could change in a few years. ND played two tight games with UGA in the past few years, so they’re not that far off.

Do you have an inside track that Saban is going to retire before 2027? He is 70 yrs old and is signed through 2030.
I believe he’ll retire by then. If he coaches through 2026, that’s a 20-year run at Bama. No one should want to turn into late-stage Bobby Bowden or Joe Paterno.

That’s how home and homes work. They play at Washington in 2024 and at Texas in 2026, just like they will play at Norte Dame next year.

The non-conference schedule contracts are made almost a decade in advance. Every team does that, not just OSU. Expecting them to schedule Alabama in Tuscaloosa next year is not logistically realistic.
All the schedule shuffling during the Covid year proved that schedules are not rigid and can be changed on a dime if people are motivated enough to do it.