Cincinnati Jobs

West Clermont
Goshen
Indian Hill
Bethel Tate

I'm hearing WC's coaching search is an absolute train wreck.

Indian Hill as well, but have finally started the process.

Heard nothing on Goshen

West Clermont
Goshen
Indian Hill
Bethel Tate

I'm hearing WC's coaching search is an absolute train wreck.

Indian Hill as well, but have finally started the process.

Heard nothing on Goshen
I’m starting to think West Clermont Athletics as a whole is a train wreck! Indian Hill made a change without a real plan it seems.

theyre dropping like flies.....
Of course. The splineless at the top give 2 hoots about loyalty, dedication and some success. It’s an endless cycle people. If you don’t have some culture and a solid administration and board, you’re done for Years.

Reality setting in…It’s not like there are dozens of quality coaches sitting around waiting for the phone to ring…Coaching is a very low paying ,time consuming job…It is very hard for someone who is not a teacher to be a available at the times required. People do it for the love of the game but that love is being lost with harassment from helicopter parents and a lack of support from administrators. I am not saying all coached are John Wooden reincarnated but they are all giving vast amounts of time and are really trying to teach kids how to play and succeed. It will be interesting to see where all this goes…

Reality setting in…It’s not like there are dozens of quality coaches sitting around waiting for the phone to ring…Coaching is a very low paying ,time consuming job…It is very hard for someone who is not a teacher to be a available at the times required. People do it for the love of the game but that love is being lost with harassment from helicopter parents and a lack of support from administrators. I am not saying all coached are John Wooden reincarnated but they are all giving vast amounts of time and are really trying to teach kids how to play and succeed. It will be interesting to see where all this goes…
Very well said!

Wait….most parents are like Wooden right!!! ?‍♂️?

It is very hard for someone who is not a teacher to be a available at the times required.
and even difficult for teachers.....balancing teaching which is very very demanding and then basically another full time job in season and a part time out of season.......forget about family personal life etc etc......totaly agree with your point about parents and admin.......there are some jobs open right now that i am not surprised dont have tons of interest.......

Reality usually sets in quickly when there is no plan! All the things you mentioned are definitely true but the AD’s are fully aware of this when they choose to move on from their Coach.

and even difficult for teachers.....balancing teaching which is very very demanding and then basically another full time job in season and a part time out of season.......forget about family personal life etc etc......totaly agree with your point about parents and admin.......there are some jobs open right now that i am not surprised dont have tons of interest.......
Absolutely…becomes a 12 hour day plus in season…after games or practices you have papers to grade…lesson plans etc…and spouse and family…I only mentioned teachers or staff because most private sector people can’t be in a gym at 3:00. I absolutely love to teach basketball…skills…decision making, especially defense but there is no way I could commit to the amount of time…disregarding the peanut shells per hour wages…I just help some club teams train occasionally…but not at all since Covid…not that I am afraid of it..just got used to spending my springtime fishing and golfing ?

Felicity’s Jason Thompson is stepping down, per his Twitter account. Six of the nine boys basketball teams in Clermont County will have different coaches next season.

its almost becoming comical at this point for some of these teams who have been without coaches for a month or more.......i feel bad for the kids

Felicity’s Jason Thompson is stepping down, per his Twitter account. Six of the nine boys basketball teams in Clermont County will have different coaches next season.
I wonder if Thompson would be a candidate at West Clermont? I have always thought he has done a good job at FF

its almost becoming comical at this point for some of these teams who have been without coaches for a month or more.......i feel bad for the kids
Definitely feel for the kids! The alleged adults are clearly failing the kids when they don’t have a Coach for a month or more during the School year.

RUMBLINGS HAVE SCOTT KERR,STEVE GENTRY,BRIAN NEIL AS THE 3 CANIDATES FOR INDIAN HILL JOB….WOWWWWWWWWW
just wait until kerr yells at one of the indian hill kids......parents are gonna lose their minds...
who is brian neil? sorry just dont know that name......

just wait until kerr yells at one of the indian hill kids......parents are gonna lose their minds...
who is brian neil? sorry just dont know that name......
I recall Kerr and Gentry getting after the kids pretty good. That would be interesting to say the least with at least some of the Indian Hill parents. I think he means former Roger Bacon Coach Brian Neal. Neal would obviously bring a great deal of Head Coaching experience. I also think Kerr would do a good job if they let him Coach the way he always has.

these

I don't think these 3 are the accurate contenders, but these 3 guys all have something in common, and that something wont happen at Indian Hill.
Who do you hear is accurate? I’m not disagreeing as I think those 3 would not prosper at Indian Hill. Gentry - IH isn’t an open enrollment district. Kerr - not a great track record on dealing with parents. Neal - just retired from coaching at Roger Bacon and a lot of it because of the extra stuff he had to do.