2020-2021 OHIO STATE BASKETBALL

Sidenote, I believe they've now beaten every Big Ten team this year with that win. I'll take it.

May as well win the whole damn thing tomorrow if they're going to survive three consecutive late game collapses.

Agreed, now that OSU has made it to Sunday, might as well go ahead and win it.

Gotta love this group of kids - they all really battle. And you have to credit great coaching also. This team is always prepared, and always motivated. Yesterday's defensive plan was excellent - it was pretty clear they would live with Dickinson beating them 1-on-1 inside but they did not want to give up the 3's. Somehow the team needs to get over the late game nervousness - the silly mistakes down the stretch will eventually bite them in the rear. But all in all, another fantastic performance against the wolverines.

The Illini look unstoppable right now. Dosunmu and Cockburn are great and get all the headlines, but that Curbelo kid off the bench is their engine. CJ's defense on him is key, and we need to gang up on Cockrurn inside. He even manhandled Garza in the post yesterday. What a monster.

Lol not with holtman and no height.

Literally every national college basketball expert (on ESPN / Fox / CBS, etc.) say Holtmann is one of the top coaches in the country. Most Buckeye fans agree. You can't even spell and you think he is bad. Guess who is wrong - again.

Up 11 at that point should never be close.

How sad is your life? You claim to be a fan but cannot even enjoy this amazing team. 100% negative and complaining. Sad.

Obviously to win today the 3 pointers must fall with regularity for the Buckeyes and Zed Key must somewhat hold down Cockburn. Can’t let the big man have his way in there all game. EJ needs yet another monster game to keep painfully reminding Illinois he was a two time Illinois Mr Basketball they let get away.

As for the constant late relinquishing of double digit leads that result in close wins or losses, it’s exasperating and at this point predictable. We know it’s going to happen, game after game after game. I don’t know the reasons for it, but I do know it will be nearly impossible to reach a Final Four living on the edge every game. I just hope this season translates into some high level recruits in the near future, particularly the Livingston kid from Akron.

Once the tourney starts the one sure bet seems to be a B1G team won’t win it all. They can reach Final Fours and even the championship game, but for 20 years a B1G team hasn’t sealed the deal and I don’t see any team so great that I expect it to change this year.

Last edited:
It is amazing that they lose the late leads, especially for a team that shoots FT's well. It is also amazing they keep getting double-digit leads on excellent teams.

As for a championship, Michigan(with Livers) and Illinois are easily capable of winning it all. The way Illinois is playing right now, I would put them slightly behind Gonzaga as best odds to win it.

Win or lose today we get to see them play a few more,very entertaining season and thankfully it looks like it'll finish well.

Nice comeback before the half,tired legs a lot of shots are short.Got to give this team credit for not quitting,very positive staff.

Way to fight back today. It would have been easy to pack it in early when it was 27-10.

The closing minutes of games over the last few days were agitating, but hopefully they've regained some positive momentum heading into the tournament.

Not liking the max effort needed to push this game to OT. Buckeyes are nursing a lot of nagging injuries and it blows to go four games deep into the B1G tourney in all max effort games and come away without the momentum of winning the title. To me, the Buckeyes are ripe for a second round upset, depending on the match up.

Not having Young was a killer today. EJ was gassed from dealing with Cockburn all day and they really needed his offense.

I actually believe the B1G is overhyped and don’t expect more than one team in the Final Four. They are not going to get to play the physical ball they are used to in conference play. But we shall see. Of course I hope the Buckeyes shock the world and win it all.

Well, the Buckeyes should win their opening game, but that second round game versus the Florida vs Virginia Tech winner could be trouble. Both from major conferences and certainly won’t fear the Buckeyes. Hopefully the Buckeyes can get a little more healthy before then.

All but three of the teams seeded 7 through 10 on the bracket this year were major conference teams. I'd take either of those possible opponents over the possible second round matchups for a few of the other teams on the 1 and 2 lines.

Michigan and Baylor on the 1 line got tougher second round draws than Ohio State on the 2 line.

I still think they should get the ball to Key down low. Poor boy is starving! Feed him!!!! He has a sweet rainbow hook that is unstoppable.
Go Buckeyes!

Really proud of the effort by the Bucks. Illinois was just better, they look unstoppable. But love the grit and determination from our guys. We just could not hit shots (except for Duane). Clearly fatigue was EJ's issue. Very entertaining weekend, looking forward to the NCAA.

Agree with the comment above about the Buckeye's tourney draw. If we just play an average game, we should handle ORU, and then Fla/VT we matchup well. Hoping Kyle gets healthy!

You cant question the coach on here.
Brian you can question the coach if you have legit basketball comments about substitutions or in-game strategy. That sort of discussion is exactly what this forum is for.

What you do is just post "Holman can;t coach" and "OSU is embarrassing". Those are dumb comments which add nothing to the conversation and are obviously 100% wrong. I will call those out every time.

Interesting matchup with Oral Roberts who has the ppg leader in college basketball Max Abmas. Reminds me of the first round game against North Dakota State a couple years ago. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a close game here.

Interesting matchup with Oral Roberts who has the ppg leader in college basketball Max Abmas. Reminds me of the first round game against North Dakota State a couple years ago. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a close game here.

Think you mean South Dakota State and Mike Daum. Key difference here is that South Dakota State team finished the year ranked 78th in the Kenpom rankings, they had a top 50 adjusted offense and the 150th adjusted defense. Meanwhile Oral Roberts finished 152nd, are 74th in adjusted offense but a shockingly bad 285th in adjusted defense. So not as strong on offense and significantly worse on defense. I think OSU will be just fine.

I think you meant South Dakota State (the Jackrabbits), but I agree this may be closer than we would like. ORU can score. But they have not faced a B10 defense.