WW coaching search!

Correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to remember that as a condition of the state allowing him to coach, he could ONLY coach at Taft. That is another hurdle that I don't know why any school would want to go through.

Get your facts straight. The felony had nothing to do with his son or an ex wife. And since being sober he has had no issues and is well loved and respected by many. His past does not define who he is today. As for the ineligible player comment that is also not accurate information. Cargile is the best choice for the job and his record and Taft and the respect he gained from his players and the parents speaks for itself.
I was told this by someone close to him. Guess it wasn’t a credible source. It certainly doesn’t define him! Why bring it up period??!!!!

Correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to remember that as a condition of the state allowing him to coach, he could ONLY coach at Taft. That is another hurdle that I don't know why any school would want to go through.

As I said before he is well respected especially the few administration that worked at Taft. He hasn’t gotten the job yet. He interviews today. It’s a total of 10 candidates.

As I said before he is well respected especially the few administration that worked at Taft. He hasn’t gotten the job yet. He interviews today. It’s a total of 10 candidates.

Besides Murphy are there any other in house canidates interviewing to your knowledge?

I know he doesn't have the job. I'm flabbergasted that he even got an interview.
1. His past
2. Special condition that he only coaches at Taft
3. He coached in the CMAC, that's quite a difference from ECC, ask Withrow.
4. He has only won 1 playoff game (before they let everyone in this year).
5. He was fired for insubordination..... I know he did the same thing I would have in his shoes, but the optics of him even getting an interview are not good.

I know he doesn't have the job. I'm flabbergasted that he even got an interview.
1. His past
2. Special condition that he only coaches at Taft
3. He coached in the CMAC, that's quite a difference from ECC, ask Withrow.
4. He has only won 1 playoff game (before they let everyone in this year).
5. He was fired for insubordination..... I know he did the same thing I would have in his shoes, but the optics of him even getting an interview are not good.
The WW administration knows all this and still gave him an interview.

They do have a strong feeder program probably the best in the city , hopefully lil Vikes continue to build and I heard the LH tigers are re starting their program up which bolds well for the Vikes
LH program never stopped.

Besides Murphy are there any other in house canidates interviewing to your knowledge?
Issac Fuller former RB’s coach under Troy Everhart. Was the Former OC under Coach Parker for a couple years. Did not coach last season.
Coach Mike Roach was the O line coach under Parker. Played on the state championship team! He probably go with Parker if they can get him in the building.
Mike Molden Head Freshman and assistant Varsity coach
I would count Calvin Johnson too. Had 2 stints under Troy Everhart. Has Head coach experience. Has been an assistant in both boys and girls basketball. Head coach for girls basketball with an undefeated regular season. Grew up in Forest Park and well liked in the community. The one problem he has is the principal and the Superintendent don’t care for him much.
Coach Shultz D line coach under Parker doesn’t work in the district but since he coached under Parker I included him.

Issac Fuller former RB’s coach under Troy Everhart. Was the Former OC under Coach Parker for a couple years. Did not coach last season.
Coach Mike Roach was the O line coach under Parker. Played on the state championship team! He probably go with Parker if they can get him in the building.
Mike Molden Head Freshman and assistant Varsity coach
I would count Calvin Johnson too. Had 2 stints under Troy Everhart. Has Head coach experience. Has been an assistant in both boys and girls basketball. Head coach for girls basketball with an undefeated regular season. Grew up in Forest Park and well liked in the community. The one problem he has is the principal and the Superintendent don’t care for him much.
Coach Shultz D line coach under Parker doesn’t work in the district but since he coached under Parker I included him.

Thanks for the info.

And that is what astonishes me. If they go that route, it's a bad look for a school district struggling with funding. The community would not look kindly on that hire and football players will bolt.
You could be right but the Superintendent for WW is an arrogant son of a gun, so he wouldn’t care. As far as the community? There would be a few detractors but I think he could win most over.

Hey Blue and WW guys thanks for all the great info.

1) Parker is gone and he did a good job at WW He could have been more successful record wise if he was a better game coach. He was very good at what really matters which was leadership of young men and of a program. Damn did they work hard.

2) The new HC also needs to have the ability to bring in a solid staff. Just plugging in the guys Parker didn’t take with him may not be the answer.

3) having been around HS football for a very long time I believe at a school like WW the HC in football needs to be IN THE BUILDING during the school day.

4) Blue did you say Sholtz as in former OH HC? Greenhills guy so he knows the district and was an asst coach at WW once. NOT THE RIGHT GUY! No way. Wish him the best but would be a bad hire.

And what’s with talk about kids transferring to another school because the coach left?

THE COACH LEFT THEM so you transfer. Huh?

The new HC and staff could be better than the last one.
We will see.

Band together with your guys, build something special and go stick somebody on Friday night.

WW has a bright future.
Greenhills and Forest Park been cranking out stud football players my entire long life.
If any kids transfer it’s their choice and all parties involved gonna be alright.

Hey Blue and WW guys thanks for all the great info.

1) Parker is gone and he did a good job at WW He could have been more successful record wise if he was a better game coach. He was very good at what really matters which was leadership of young men and of a program. Damn did they work hard.

2) The new HC also needs to have the ability to bring in a solid staff. Just plugging in the guys Parker didn’t take with him may not be the answer.

3) having been around HS football for a very long time I believe at a school like WW the HC in football needs to be IN THE BUILDING during the school day.

4) Blue did you say Sholtz as in former OH HC? Greenhills guy so he knows the district and was an asst coach at WW once. NOT THE RIGHT GUY! No way. Wish him the best but would be a bad hire.
Scholtz yes he was at OH.
Murphy has a spot with the new staff if he doesn’t get the head job but Parker wants him back at Princeton. The WW current players parents want Murphy! I can’t blame them.

Last edited:
And what’s with talk about kids transferring to another school because the coach left?

We will see.

Band together with your guys, build something special and go stick somebody on Friday night.

WW has a bright future.
Greenhills and Forest Park been cranking out stud football players my entire long life.
If any kids transfer it’s their choice and all parties involved gonna be alright.
Coach Parker was a HUGE influence to his players.

Let me say this some of the kids that attend WW from the inner city via open enrollment need more than a football coach sometimes because they come with some issues. Being a coach sometimes is much more than football, kids look for guidance that some of them unfortunately don't get from home and they recognize they have a special talent they just need someone to believe in them that they can trust. That's what makes the catholic schools great they take these kids in right away and recognize their issues & provide some resources for a kid who has been through a lot. Whoever gets the job they will have to be able understand each kid home situation is different and I believe that's the part of the game Parker understood the most.

Let me say this some of the kids that attend WW from the inner city via open enrollment need more than a football coach sometimes because they come with some issues. Being a coach sometimes is much more than football, kids look for guidance that some of them unfortunately don't get from home and they recognize they have a special talent they just need someone to believe in them that they can trust. That's what makes the catholic schools great they take these kids in right away and recognize their issues & provide some resources for a kid who has been through a lot. Whoever gets the job they will have to be able understand each kid home situation is different and I believe that's the part of the game Parker understood the most.
I like your post except for the Catholic schools part. They definitely don't take these kids on right away, if they take them at all, and they most definitely don't go above and beyond for them.

I like your post except for the Catholic schools part. They definitely don't take these kids on right away, if they take them at all, and they most definitely don't go above and beyond for them.
I'm speaking from experience & recent success of a few kids I know who don't come from the best home situations but made it.

We will see.

WW has a bright future.
I agree as I stated in an earlier post of mine, I hope these guys stay together and don’t jump ship, just relax and take a deep breath, WW will be fine

WW does not take GCL athletes period....mostly surrounding districts and that number is small

I’m telling you part of the administration at WW was at Taft. The Superintendent was a Principal there. The abduction was his son in which his X wife wouldn’t let him see. This is what I was told. I know JC to be a good man to have lost his way because of addiction.
No way he gets the job.

And that is what astonishes me. If they go that route, it's a bad look for a school district struggling with funding. The community would not look kindly on that hire and football players will bolt.
There is a lot that Cargile did behind the scenes for funding for Taft. And truthfully that was part of the conflict with him and Taft, no support. He paid for uniforms out of his own pocket one year and even secured a grant on his own last year to get the kids new uniforms. His past experiences are what allowed him to connect with Taft players and parents were happy to send their kids to be coached under him. He has a lot of connections all around the city so I don't see funding being an issue regardless. He is truly a humble person and his resume is impressive. It also worth noting that he has held other coaching positions prior to CPS and his record was not an issue.

There is a lot that Cargile did behind the scenes for funding for Taft. And truthfully that was part of the conflict with him and Taft, no support. He paid for uniforms out of his own pocket one year and even secured a grant on his own last year to get the kids new uniforms. His past experiences are what allowed him to connect with Taft players and parents were happy to send their kids to be coached under him. He has a lot of connections all around the city so I don't see funding being an issue regardless. He is truly a humble person and his resume is impressive. It also worth noting that he has held other coaching positions prior to CPS and his record was not an issue.
My older brother coached with him during his first stint at Taft around ‘93/‘94