20-21 Federal League Basketball

Massillon started hot and I think had Jackson on its heals early. Jackson didn't seem to stay rattled and just chipped away the lead in the second quarter. Neither team shot particularly well. Don't know what Jackson's 3pt percentage was but it couldn't have been good. Like every team, players love the 3 ball but not everyone should be taking them as frequently as they do. Finding that balance and having the players realize just because it's open doesn't mean it's a 'good shot' for you would surely increase Jackson's points per possession. I thought the bigs were the difference in the game. Jackson got many second chances because of them and Massillon didn't for the same reason. I like Graybill's game. He rebounds well, protects the rim, is always hustling and can shoot the 3 ball pretty well. He seems to me like a key component of the front court for Jackson.

Massillon started hot and I think had Jackson on its heals early. Jackson didn't seem to stay rattled and just chipped away the lead in the second quarter. Neither team shot particularly well. Don't know what Jackson's 3pt percentage was but it couldn't have been good. Like every team, players love the 3 ball but not everyone should be taking them as frequently as they do. Finding that balance and having the players realize just because it's open doesn't mean it's a 'good shot' for you would surely increase Jackson's points per possession. I thought the bigs were the difference in the game. Jackson got many second chances because of them and Massillon didn't for the same reason. I like Graybill's game. He rebounds well, protects the rim, is always hustling and can shoot the 3 ball pretty well. He seems to me like a key component of the front court for Jackson.
Jackson hit 1 of 17 3-pointers. From what I've seen so far, most of the kids are capable 3-point shooters. They just weren't going in last night. I don't think Debevec was upset with shot selection.

Jackson hit 1 of 17 3-pointers. From what I've seen so far, most of the kids are capable 3-point shooters. They just weren't going in last night. I don't think Debevec was upset with shot selection.
Agree that they shouldn't be shooting so many 3's when they have the length they have. But when playing a bad opponent, you can work on other aspects of your game. I would have liked to have seen more JV guys get in last night.

Agree that they shouldn't be shooting so many 3's when they have the length they have. But when playing a bad opponent, you can work on other aspects of your game. I would have liked to have seen more JV guys get in last night.

LOL! It doesn’t matter, McKinley has the best team in the Federal League.

Could be, I haven't seen all of the games but of the ones I have, there is a clear priority of kids, if you're the defense, you'd let shoot all day long and those you'd want to tighten up on. Maybe that will change as the season progresses. I don't have the stats but the points per possession have to be dropping. It doesn't seem like turnovers are an issue so that's either poor shooting nights and/or shot selection. Just an observation. Debevec obviously sees more than I do.

Could be, I haven't seen all of the games but of the ones I have, there is a clear priority of kids, if you're the defense, you'd let shoot all day long and those you'd want to tighten up on. Maybe that will change as the season progresses. I don't have the stats but the points per possession have to be dropping. It doesn't seem like turnovers are an issue so that's either poor shooting nights and/or shot selection. Just an observation. Debevec obviously sees more than I do.
This team likes to work from the outside in vs. inside out. When the shots don't drop they struggle. They have the bigs to go inside and open up the perimeter for higher quality shots. They also have the length, athleticism, and depth to press more than they do. All things they'll need to advance come tournament time. Last night they could afford to do whatever they wanted as the competition was subpar...

Last edited:
This team likes to work from the outside in vs. inside out. When the shots don't drop they struggle. They have the bigs to go inside and open up the perimeter for higher quality shots. They also have the length, athleticism, and depth to press more than they do. All things they'll need to advance come tournament time. Last night they could afford to do whatever they wanted as the competition was subpar...
Respectfully disagree. That’s an excuse. Teams will learn to defend them differently, which will provide plentiful opportunities for the players who aren’t great at shooting 3s to be open for a lot of them while the things they are very good at will be taken away. I would guess that outside of #13, the best outside shooters are two of the bigs. Accepting sloppy play and poor decision making because you think your opponent is inferior is usually not a good mindset if your goal is a deep run in the tournament. Again, just my observation and time will tell if I’m way off. Be happy to eat crow if so.

Respectfully disagree. That’s an excuse. Teams will learn to defend them differently, which will provide plentiful opportunities for the players who aren’t great at shooting 3s to be open for a lot of them while the things they are very good at will be taken away. I would guess that outside of #13, the best outside shooters are two of the bigs. Accepting sloppy play and poor decision making because you think your opponent is inferior is usually not a good mindset if your goal is a deep run in the tournament. Again, just my observation and time will tell if I’m way off. Be happy to eat crow if so.
They have been sloppy with the ball and taken some bad shots at bad times. Shooting 1-17 from 3 last night and still winning by 12 was because they played an inferior team. They can't play that way against better teams. They have a few guys who think they're good outside shooters when they are average. Having bigs that can shoot outside puts stress on the defenders. Jackson can move well off the ball and if they play within the system and be patient with the ball they will have success.

I'm excited to see Green match up with Jackson. I'm sure the Jackson guys have been looking forward to getting another shot at the Bulldogs.

I will say that BASKETBALL is something that the fed does well. Even in years that there are no state title contenders, Fed BASKETBALL is very competitive.

Last edited:
The bona fide move of parents into a new public school district triggers the choice of either a public high school in the new school district or any non-public high school. If, however, the new residence into which the family has moved is more than 100 miles from the residence from which the family moved as determined by mapquest.com or such other navigational system as adopted by the Board of Directors at its August meeting (using the most direct route), the student shall have the option to enroll contemporaneously with this move into any public high school. This amendment permitting any public school choice if the move is more than 100 miles, places an added obligation on the high school into which the student is transferring. It will no doubt be more difficult to verify that the parents have indeed moved into a different public school district than the one where the high school of choice is located, but that fact does not absolve the high school from making that determination.
BAM!

more than 100 miles lets you move into any public high school in vincinity. That is directly from bylaws

So moving into canton city only means one public high school they can go to or Canton Central Catholic
BAM!

Every Massillon v Fed devolves to the same crap:

- Play us in football you wimps (usually directed at Jackson since most other Fed teams do play them)
- Fed responds, yeah whatever, win something on the football field for once then gloat
- We have 24 state championships!
- Mythical you mean?
- We don’t want to play in the Fed anyway, you guys are soft
- Fed teams, especially Jackson, beat every other Massillon sports team if they ever meet in tournament
- Play us in football you wimps
- Rinse, repeat

When can this circle jerk end?

This thread is unbearable. Glad I stayed away this year.
Wish there was something Yappi could do about this. It’s driving good posters away from the thread. All because of a few knuckleheads who just won’t stop. It’s sad.
If you are driven away you arent much of a sports fan in the first place or need thicker skin.