awpatfire said he was not doing the whole thread again this season due to the likely disarray to occur with cancellations, postponements, etc. So if we all pitch in with info we can see what happens.
According to Cuyahoga Falls' athletic department's Twitter account, they cancelled last night's game with Hoover but hope to reschedule it.Bull Green Dog, thanks. Do you know if Cuyahoga Falls stopped winter sports???
I heard the same - due to some quarantining issues - I imagine B-Ball will look like Football, although it's a lot easier to make up games, especially with limited attendance which eases logistics. Hoping it can be a semi-normal year.I don't know why, but it's been announced that this Friday's Hoover - Jackson game has been postponed.
I've heard pretty much the same. Couldn't find their Covid dashboard on their school site. Jax listed only 6 in the HS.Mackinbiner, talking with a couple of the Hoover bball parents, sounds like the team is going to be shut down for a few weeks. I've got a feeling in January teams might be playing 3-4 games a week.
Hoover High School has 9 kids that currently have COVID. But that doesn't cover everyone who is in quarantine due to possible exposure.I've heard pretty much the same. Couldn't find their Covid dashboard on their school site. Jax listed only 6 in the HS.
Keep up the great work over at BTS - we appreciate it!New Podcastwith Ryan Beltz
Ryan welcomed in Josh Weir to give a Federal League preview!
Is McKinley’s ceiling a State ?
Can Jackson take that next step
Green looking to defend Fed
Toles & Perry
Lake & Hoover!
*Apologize we had some technical issues at end of interview
Segments 2 & 3
Are you sure those 4 kids from Green were only there for 4 years? It seemed like about 7. Much like Chandler Vaudrin and Kobe Johnson.My Preseason Ranking of Fed teams.
1. McKinley- The clear favorite. Quite possibly one of the best teams in the state. They have one of the best players in the state in Johnson, and an experienced roster that has size, speed, and knows how to win. This might be the best Federal League team since Jackson's teams with Kyle Young.
2. Green- The defending champs, but graduated 4 seniors who played 4 years on varsity. Always very well coached. Oddo is a terriffic scorer. The team has size but the backcourt is unproven. I'm excited to see how the new-look Bulldogs do.
3. Jackson- I know they had a bad record last year, but they lost a lot of close games. I expect them to turn it around. James and Skeriotis can both score, and I was impressed by Sullivan as well. They return almost everyone from a year ago. Jackson has high expectations for their basketball program, so another losing season won't be acceptable.
4. Perry- Toles dropped 37 in the opener. Not many players can do that. Perry has steadily improved the last few years, and should be competitive again. Looks like they have some real offensive firepower this year.
5. Lake- No way they're as bad as last year. I think Mc Bride figures out a way to keep them competitive. They always play hard. Vaughan is a very good outside shooter, and will probably be the go-to guy on offense.
6. Glen Oak- Losing a player like Christian Parker is going to hurt. The Eagles had a very good season a year ago, but my guess is that they go back to being near the bottom of the league.
7. Hoover- Delaying the season is going to put Hoover at a big disadvantage once they do start play. I doubt it's going to be a very fun year for Hoover basketball. Unfortunate break for them.