D VII State Championship: New Bremen (9-2) vs Warren JFK (9-2)

Who wins?

• New Bremen

Votes: 101 70.6%
  • Warren JFK

Votes: 42 29.4%

• Total voters
To think JFK is only a top 10 or 15 is laughable. They played their 2nd worst half of football in the first half of the game and were only down 7-0. They followed that up with the worst half of football they've played in a very long time and got handled. New Bremen was very good, but Kennedy was nowhere near as bad as they showed in that game.

How long ago was it that JFK played a half that badly?

It seems like whenever they lose you always say they played their worst game ever. Just give the other team credit and move on, you thump your chest when you shouldn't and make excuses when you shouldn't.

How long ago was it that JFK played a half that badly?

It seems like whenever they lose you always say they played their worst game ever. Just give the other team credit and move on, you thump your chest when you shouldn't and make excuses when you shouldn't.
Kennedy played terribly, anyone that knows this team knows that. Could they beat New Bremen, I don't know. The Cardinals are really good and deserved to win. No excuse, we played poorly. My response was to the fact we aren't a top 10 or 15 team. Thats a joke. I will say when I believe the team is good. I said so this year and they played in the title game. If you think thats thumping my chest, then so be it. You have a problem with it then don't read my posts.

Kennedy played terribly, anyone that knows this team knows that. Could they beat New Bremen, I don't know. The Cardinals are really good and deserved to win. No excuse, we played poorly. My response was to the fact we aren't a top 10 or 15 team. Thats a joke. I will say when I believe the team is good. I said so this year and they played in the title game. If you think thats thumping my chest, then so be it. You have a problem with it then don't read my posts.
You show the kind of team you are by rising to the occasion. You don't necessarily need to win to show you are a great team and have character. New Middletown Springfield, De Sales and Lake Catholic showed character and quality even in defeat. The same can not be said about JFK.

By the eye test, and without seeing the eastern part of ohio, I would put JFK at 5 behind NB and FL, LCC and MSML.

JFK QB was their big time all everything threat and I didn't see a whole lot that makes m believe he would be enough to beat those other three.
I get it, I saw him once but I believe can recognize the difference between a great player and a geeat player who just had bad game.

With that said, it doesn't matter, JFK I the runners up and these arguments happen yearly whenever there is a blowout on the finals.

You show the kind of team you are by rising to the occasion. You don't necessarily need to win to show you are a great team and have character. New Middletown Springfield, De Sales and Lake Catholic showed character and quality even in defeat. The same can not be said about JFK.
How did JFK not show character and quality? By losing a game? Im curious if you feel the same way about Ironton or Massillon or Pick Central? This is an idiotic claim. There are times when games get out of hand, for a multitude of reasons. To think that a team who has made it to a State Championship doesn't have quality or character is assinine.

How did JFK not show character and quality? By losing a game? Im curious if you feel the same way about Ironton or Massillon or Pick Central? This is an idiotic claim. There are times when games get out of hand, for a multitude of reasons. To think that a team who has made it to a State Championship doesn't have quality or character is assinine.
you should make a choice then,
they either were a talented team who failed to show character and choked when they reached the biggest stage, or they were a team much less talent than the top teams like LCC, Marion and Fort Loramie but were able to make it to the championship by playing both above their head or against weaker competition until they were finally playing against a truly great team in the state final.
So one way or another you are wrong.

you should make a choice then,
they either were a talented team who failed to show character and choked when they reached the biggest stage, or they were a team much less talent than the top teams like LCC, Marion and Fort Loramie but were able to make it to the championship by playing both above their head or against weaker competition until they were finally playing against a truly great team in the state final.
So one way or another you are wrong.
Ah how grand it must be to live in a world of such absolutes. Judging by your ridiculous take, I'm going to guess you have never played a sport and you definitely have never competed in your life. Even the greatest of teams have had bad games. A bad game is in no way an indictment of that teams character.

Ah how grand it must be to live in a world of such absolutes. Judging by your ridiculous take, I'm going to guess you have never played a sport and you definitely have never competed in your life. Even the greatest of teams have had bad games. A bad game is in no way an indictment of that teams character.
are you always this wrong about people,
the greatest teams don't have bad games in their most important games or they are not the greatest teams. And when you don't just lose but are completely dominated by your opponent on the biggest stage it speaks to character or to a lack of talent and coaching.

are you always this wrong about people,
the greatest teams don't have bad games in their most important games or they are not the greatest teams. And when you don't just lose but are completely dominated by your opponent on the biggest stage it speaks to character or to a lack of talent and coaching.
Talent, and coaching are 2 completely separate things

Is #2 QB NB better than #9 QB JFK.
Is #55 MLB/guard NB better than #58 DE/center JFK
Is #28 TB NB or backup better than #2 TB JFK
Is #88 WR better than JFK dbs, can #88 battle a TE when he’s on D
Is #8 DE NB better than #78 OT JFK
Great individual matchups await
Yes to all for one game last Friday.

congrats to your boys, had a great season, be proud of the boys... they are 16-18 year old boys, sometimes emotion is a big part of the game. Things can get out of hand real easy..... it happens on the college level, and pro level... and things just get on a roll. Sorta happened with Minster back in 2016 against JFK, you make mistakes that you usually don't make, and you can lose control of the game real quick.... you got a hellva program

One of the great things about tournaments is the state champ is #1, the runner up is #2. To say JFK is 5-10 is irrelevant. I will say this. JFK is not as bad as the score indicates. NB IS better and proved it. JFK OC I think lost his way in the moment. That was not our O all year. We used more formations and would switch back and forth between power and spread. NB wasn’t concerned with anyone but #9 and JFK oc didn’t use anyone but #9. This constantly put the D in bad spots and made everything snowball. NB had a hell of a year. Congratulations to them. Hopefully this was a learning experience going forward as the whole O-line is back and pretty much all of JFK front 7 is back.

One of the great things about tournaments is the state champ is #1, the runner up is #2. To say JFK is 5-10 is irrelevant. I will say this. JFK is not as bad as the score indicates. NB IS better and proved it. JFK OC I think lost his way in the moment. That was not our O all year. We used more formations and would switch back and forth between power and spread. NB wasn’t concerned with anyone but #9 and JFK oc didn’t use anyone but #9. This constantly put the D in bad spots and made everything snowball. NB had a hell of a year. Congratulations to them. Hopefully this was a learning experience going forward as the whole O-line is back and pretty much all of JFK front 7 is back.
Speaking of......
I saw that their HC was the long time assistant and this was his first year as the lead dog.
Was their OC new/first season calling plays? How is that dynamic.

I know it is frustrating going into the biggest game of the year and you do not recognize your team. I recall that happening to us one time, think it was the semi's though. You want to win, or lose, with what got you there.

It is prudent to maybe add some tweaks/run plays you havent seen all season but have been practicing all year(s) and just was waiting for the exact right moment but to change up an offense to where you do not notice it has to be a little frustrating.

Speaking of......
I saw that their HC was the long time assistant and this was his first year as the lead dog.

I know it is frustrating going into the biggest game of the year and you do not recognize your team. I recall that happening to us one time, think it was the semi's though. You want to win, or lose, with what got you there.

It is prudent to maybe add some tweaks/run plays you havent seen all season but have been practicing all year(s) and just was waiting for the exact right moment but to change up an offense to where you do not notice it has to be a little frustrating.
kids notice when you put major changes into your offense.....

Speaking of......

Head coach is awesome and I love our staff. I’ll take my chances with this group any day, even this past Friday lol

I’m sorry, and this is not being a MAC homer, but St. Henry beats JFK by at least two touchdowns. Seeing each of these games live I would also put Marion ahead of LCC. LCC struggled with Bremen’s D they would struggle even more with Marion. Congrats to JFK for making the finals, but they were not a top5 team.

Attachments

• 3477E348-6796-4CDD-942B-EF3EC57DC724.jpeg
    3477E348-6796-4CDD-942B-EF3EC57DC724.jpeg
    507.1 KB · Views: 32
Just pointing this out that LCC dominated the first half and left 28 points on the field (credit NB defense) but when you are 2 for 6 inside on scoring points inside the 30 yr line, I am not sure if I'd say "they struggled". Not to mention LCC out gained them for the game by over 150 yards as well. I do agree that NB gave them trouble but when you throw for 250 + yards and have a rusher averaging over 5 yards a carry and over 120 yards for the game, I just don't believe they struggled too much with it. At the end of the day NB took over in the second half and finished their mission this past weekend. With all that being said, I believe if LCC has Shaun Thomas (out for the year with broken foot) I believe LCC wins that game by 2-3 TD's and wins state by 40 + points. At the end of the day, that is why we play the game. Congrats to NB! Heck of a story!

LOL, sorry, I just have seen a pattern in your posts the last couple years. They looked like they played terribly because the opposing team was that much better. I read your posts because they are entertaining.

I agree that JFK is probably in the top 5 or 6 in D7 there is just a pretty big gap from the top 3 or 4 teams.

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]
Just pointing this out that LCC dominated the first half and left 28 points on the field (credit NB defense) but when you are 2 for 6 inside on scoring points inside the 30 yr line, I am not sure if I'd say "they struggled". Not to mention LCC out gained them for the game by over 150 yards as well. I do agree that NB gave them trouble but when you throw for 250 + yards and have a rusher averaging over 5 yards a carry and over 120 yards for the game, I just don't believe they struggled too much with it. At the end of the day NB took over in the second half and finished their mission this past weekend. With all that being said, I believe if LCC has Shaun Thomas (out for the year with broken foot) I believe LCC wins that game by 2-3 TD's and wins state by 40 + points. At the end of the day, that is why we play the game. Congrats to NB! Heck of a story!
Here we go. Was wondering when this would start.

gosh when I was four I believed that if I put a lost tooth under my pillow the tooth fairy would give me a quarter.
I know that LCC lost to New Bremen.

Limaland was just responding to a post about the rating of the top 5 in D - 7. Personally I could care less, 2nd place is just 1st place loser.
Will be interesting to see what new recruits LCC pulls in this off season.

[/QUOTE]
Not trying to start anything or disrespect NB at all. They deserve all of the credit and won the game. Just was confused on the part about LCC struggling offensively. Again, huge congrats to NB and no disrespect coming from my way.

Not trying to start anything or disrespect NB at all. They deserve all of the credit and won the game. Just was confused on the part about LCC struggling offensively. Again, huge congrats to NB and no disrespect coming from my way.

Okay, my bad I jumped too fast.

Ok - we all know that if New Bremen played Fort Loramie five times, the Cardinals probably wouldn't win all five. Same for NB vs ML, and certainly for NB vs LCC.

But New Bremen won all of their playoff games against those outstanding teams and are now undisputed state champs.

On a somewhat related note: I think fans of losing teams often make the mistake of saying things like, "If we'd just avoided those two second half turnovers, we'd have won."

While those scenarios might occasionally be true, they're often not - and it's for the simple reason that the "if-only" fan of the losing team seems to forget that the winning squad could have done some things better also. For instance, New Bremen was moving the ball on its first possession of the second half against ML (I think that's when it was), but fumbled along the Marion sideline after a nice gain off a pass reception and lost the ball.

I can understand that JFK fans are frustrated by their team's poor outing, but NB's excellent performance was a big part of that.