D VII State Championship: New Bremen (9-2) vs Warren JFK (9-2)

Who wins?

• New Bremen

Votes: 101 70.6%
  • Warren JFK

Votes: 42 29.4%

• Total voters
Just pointing this out that LCC dominated the first half and left 28 points on the field (credit NB defense) but when you are 2 for 6 inside on scoring points inside the 30 yr line, I am not sure if I'd say "they struggled". Not to mention LCC out gained them for the game by over 150 yards as well. I do agree that NB gave them trouble but when you throw for 250 + yards and have a rusher averaging over 5 yards a carry and over 120 yards for the game, I just don't believe they struggled too much with it. At the end of the day NB took over in the second half and finished their mission this past weekend. With all that being said, I believe if LCC has Shaun Thomas (out for the year with broken foot) I believe LCC wins that game by 2-3 TD's and wins state by 40 + points. At the end of the day, that is why we play the game. Congrats to NB! Heck of a story!
LCC was averaging 45ish points a game going into the game, New Bremen D was averaging 11ish a game, kind of sounds like NB played their game, LCC did not. They struggled by not scoring when they had those opportunities, LCC was a very good football team, obviously not as good as New Bremen and not as good as Marion in my opinion. Also you didn’t see the Bremen defense at its best with Bertke out the majority of the game, we can play the ’what if’ game all day.

Again, forgive me for this, but when St. Paul gave JFK all they could handle, I didn't think it was a State Champ quality team. Amazed it received Runner-up.

Ironic, because I considered using the word earned. But, when there were at least 4 schools better....
We'll never know if there were 4 teams or 10 teams or however many teams everyone seems to think were better. Kennedy EARNED its way to the championship game by beating everyone in it path to it. Those other teams could of done the same. That's the beautiful thing about our state tournament. Those "4" teams had their chance.

No thanks. I'm fine with earned but they weren't close being state champ worthy.
Can't really believe that this situation is bothering you so much. It is official Warren JFK, was state runner ups. If you think that 3 other teams are better, then that is your opinion, if it makes you feel better. In the end, it just does not matter

Norwalk/St. Paul, hence the username.
I remember playing St Paul a few years ago... so should i say they didn't deserve to be on the field with Minster in the State Semi -final game? I mean they had the Def Player of the year..... but i wouldn't do that, because that player played hard the WHOLE game, just like his teammates did....

Everybody understands the ground rules going into a playoff system like this. One loss and you are out. The teams that get knocked out always could have done things differently in hindsight. I'm not too interested in ranking the teams that fell short because it's conjecture and you just don't know what would happen against a given opponent until you face them on the field. What I am sure of is that New Bremen took on all challenges in the playoffs and beat them all. They are #1 and that is without question because they proved it on the field.

I remember playing St Paul a few years ago... so should i say they didn't deserve to be on the field with Minster in the State Semi -final game? I mean they had the Def Player of the year..... but i wouldn't do that, because that player played hard the WHOLE game, just like his teammates did....
I'll be the first to admit, at times, their Regions aren't that solid. Neither is their Conference.

If I put St. Paul in MAC, it'd be middle of road at best.

Kennedy's kicking coach passed away on Sunday and their longtime equipment manager is currently in the Cleveland Clinic battling for his life. Neither were at the game and the boys would have liked nothing more than to be able to win for them. It didn't happen. These kids earned everything that they got. The opinions of jackasses on Yappi mean nothing. New Bremen was better but JFK was still damn good this season. Being State Runner-Up is proof of that.

On the superiority of JFK

Jaws31 said:
This is JFK 6th State Championship game, thats more appearances in title games than NB has been in the playoffs. Their coaching staff is littered with coaches who have coached in and played in title games.

On the mediocrity of New Bremen

Jaws31 said:
The lines on both sides of the ball are ok but aren't the best we've faced this year. The DBs are somewhat susceptible. Not sure if 28 will play or if it will be 6 but both are pretty good backs but again, not the best we've faced this year. Kennedy expects this to be a battle for four quarters but in no way is New Bremen unbeatable, regardless of what conference they play in.

Who were those guys who were so much better than the New Bremen players?

Last edited:
Isadore I'm not sure what your problem is but nothing I said wasn't true. Howland's line was better. We played numerous backs that were as good or better than #6. I know you want me to say that New Bremen walks on water or whatever but it just isn't true. They are a very good team that won and deserved to win. If you are expecting me or anyone else to bow down, ain't going to happen.

Isadore I'm not sure what your problem is but nothing I said wasn't true. Howland's line was better. We played numerous backs that were as good or better than #6. I know you want me to say that New Bremen walks on water or whatever but it just isn't true. They are a very good team that won and deserved to win. If you are expecting me or anyone else to bow down, ain't going to happen.
Your analysis of the quality of the JFK team and of the New Bremen team have shown to be faulty. They are not sustained by the facts.
New Bremen JFK
166 yards rushing 61 yards rushing
247 Total offense 133 Total Offense

Score New Bremen 31 JFK O
31 points scored by the offense and punt return team of New Bremen, the line and backs you consider 2nd rate.
O points allowed by the New Bremen defensive line and defensive backs who you consider 2nd rate
Did Howland give you a bigger butt thumping?

JFK head coach Dom Prologo
"“Obviously that was a big issue,” Prologo said. “We couldn’t do what we normally do. Give them credit, they were more physical than we were today, and they won the line of scrimmage. That hasn’t happened at all (this year). That’s the first time it happened, and I give them a lot of credit. They came out, they won the line of scrimmage and they won the ball game.”

Jaws31 said:
We played numerous backs that were as good or better than #6.
No. 6 Schaefer 15 carries for 101 yards. 6.7 yards per carry. And JFK has had numerous backs do better than that against them, wow. Their run defense must really suck.

Last edited:
I will let y'all in on a little secret.

The game is over.

One team had 31.
The other had 0.

The team with 31, by rule, was declared the winner and Champion.
The team with 0, declared runners up, by rule.

I dont give a flying flip if the team with 0 faced Mahomes, Brady and Mayfield whom were all better than anything NB has. That is irrelevant.

The only thing that matters is 31-0.

Fans of the team with 31 need to step back and realize that the fans of team with 0 are a bit heartbroken and disappointed. If you have never lost a state final's game before you have NO IDEA how they feel so it is best just to give them some time and space to let them lick their wounds.

I will let y'all in on a little secret.

The game is over.

One team had 31.
The other had 0.

The team with 31, by rule, was declared the winner and Champion.
The team with 0, declared runners up, by rule.

I dont give a flying flip if the team with 0 faced Mahomes, Brady and Mayfield whom were all better than anything NB has. That is irrelevant.

The only thing that matters is 31-0.

Fans of the team with 31 need to step back and realize that the fans of team with 0 are a bit heartbroken and disappointed. If you have never lost a state final's game before you have NO IDEA how they feel so it is best just to give them some time and space to let them lick their wounds.
No, I don't think so. Particularly when the fan in question has been running down their opponent, their league and most importantly their players in his pre game and post game comments.
The fan has been shown to be consistently to be wrong.

No, I don't think so. Particularly when the fan in question has been running down their opponent, their league and most importantly their players in his pre game and post game comments.
The fan has been shown to be consistently to be wrong.
Not sure if you have mental issues or what, but I never ran down anyone. I simply stated what I felt to be true before and after the game. Can't help it if you and your feeble mind find it unacceptable. I really hope you don't represent New Bremen or the MAC in any way, because that would be pretty disgraceful.

Not sure if you have mental issues or what, but I never ran down anyone. I simply stated what I felt to be true before and after the game. Can't help it if you and your feeble mind find it unacceptable. I really hope you don't represent New Bremen or the MAC in any way, because that would be pretty disgraceful.
Gosh your comment were either ill informed and insulting based on an attempt to denigrate New Bremen-

For example your comment about the New Bremen line-

Jaws31 said:
The lines on both sides of the ball are” ok but aren't the best we've faced this year.

Jaws31 said:
Howland’s line was better

Vs

"“Obviously that was a big issue,” Prologo said. “We couldn’t do what we normally do. Give them credit, they were more physical than we were today, and they won the line of scrimmage. That hasn’t happened at all (this year).

Your comments on the New Bremen backs and pJAarticular Schaefer, No. 6

Jaws31 said:
We played numerous backs that were as good or better than #6.

Numerous definition- very large in quantity.

For a kid who ran for 101 yards in 15 carries against you in a state championship game.

Izzy isnt a MAC fan. We have our baffoons, myself being one, but nothing quite like isadore.

Gosh your comment were either ill informed and insulting based on an attempt to denigrate New Bremen-

For example your comment about the New Bremen line-

Vs

"“Obviously that was a big issue,” Prologo said. “We couldn’t do what we normally do. Give them credit, they were more physical than we were today, and they won the line of scrimmage. That hasn’t happened at all (this year).

Your comments on the New Bremen backs and pJAarticular Schaefer, No. 6

Numerous definition- very large in quantity.

For a kid who ran for 101 yards in 15 carries against you in a state championship game.
Eric Babinchak-Howland
Both backs from Garfield
Gilmours back
All as good if not better than #6. Shocking as that may be to you. I'm now thinking you are either his dad or related to him in some fashion. He's good, but lets face it, he's not the 2nd coming of Barry Sanders.

As far as the line goes, WE PLAYED BETTER LINES THIS YEAR. New Bremen's line played great last Friday. They played great as a team, we didn't. Doesn't mean that other units on other teams weren't better. I guarantee that you have never played a down of football, but I can assure that this can actually happen.

Izzy isnt a MAC fan. We have our baffoons, myself being one, but nothing quite like isadore.
I know. Most of the MAC posters are good guys that I enjoy going back and forth with. You guys are always knowledgeable and respectful. This doofus is a complete head case.

I didn't follow many of JFK's games but I did see the Howland game. I agree with Jaws31 that Howland RB is more talented than any RB for New Bremen. Now, obviously that is a separate issue than who is better between New Bremen and JFK. That debate was settled last Friday. Some very good teams took a crack at this New Bremen team and failed, including Marion Local and LCC. New Bremen is just the best in the division this year.