Wuhan Coronavirus epidemic spreads from China to US

Lock downs kill and kill people in very cruel ways:

"Is this the rest of my life? If so, I don't want to go on."

This is one of the many heartbreaking questions asked of Dr. Louise Aronson, a geriatric doctor from San Francisco, who works with elderly patients who are stuck in isolation

She, like many others, are deeply concerned about the effects that coronavirus-related lockdowns have on the elderly, one of the vulnerable groups they were meant to protect.

As someone who has had multiple elderly relatives in nursing homes & hospice having friends & family visit them is their greatest pleasure.

The fact that they give flying on an airplane a 7 "threat level" pretty much establishes the article as essentially the opposite of "food for thought" lol.

This is one of the many heartbreaking questions asked of Dr. Louise Aronson, a geriatric doctor from San Francisco, who works with elderly patients who are stuck in isolation

She, like many others, are deeply concerned about the effects that coronavirus-related lockdowns have on the elderly, one of the vulnerable groups they were meant to protect.

As someone who has had multiple elderly relatives in nursing homes & hospice having friends & family visit them is their greatest pleasure.
I thought you wanted to lock all the geriatrics up to keep them safe, so the rest of us could go around spreading the virus to each other. ??‍♂️

Should I have been staying in my house the last 5 months ? Have I been breaking the law all this time , not being 'locked in and staying locked down? I just came home after being out for a few hours now doing some work from home , was i supposed to not go out? Are we on lockdown here in Ohio? Was that bit of traffic I was just in comprised of law breakers not abiding by the 'lockdown ? . Love how the EC members are so eager to tell everyone about their recent trips and travels the last 8 months , yet are always talking about the country as if it's locked down and that lockdown is a far left wing only edict. Yes many heartbreaking aspects of this pandemic to be sure. And it's all the fault of Democrats and more liberal people . Got it

Yes many heartbreaking aspects of this pandemic to be sure. And it's all the fault of Democrats and more liberal people . Got it

It is actually the fault of the communist Chinese regime. But yes, the democrats have made it worse, particularly governors in New York, NJ, Penn, and MI. Ordering covid positive elderly back to nursing homes should result in removal of office, if not arrest, of Cuomo and others.

I thought you wanted to lock all the geriatrics up to keep them safe, so the rest of us could go around spreading the virus to each other. ??‍♂️

I do want to lock them up. I also want to flow resources to them so that their friends and relatives can visit them regularly.

Right now the approach seems to be "wear a mask and all will be well". But if they get the covid, which the masks won't prevent, they might die. Or if they're in a nursing home they die alone regardless of the cause of death.

The current approach to dealing with the elderly, which is being pushed by local & state public health organizations, is ineffective AND cruel. It's like they're trying to punish the old folks.

Should I have been staying in my house the last 5 months ? Have I been breaking the law all this time , not being 'locked in and staying locked down? I just came home after being out for a few hours now doing some work from home , was i supposed to not go out? Are we on lockdown here in Ohio? Was that bit of traffic I was just in comprised of law breakers not abiding by the 'lockdown ? . Love how the EC members are so eager to tell everyone about their recent trips and travels the last 8 months , yet are always talking about the country as if it's locked down and that lockdown is a far left wing only edict. Yes many heartbreaking aspects of this pandemic to be sure. And it's all the fault of Democrats and more liberal people . Got it

Are you old and in a nursing home? Do you have a loved one in a nursing home or hospice that you can't visit. If not .

I do want to lock them up. I also want to flow resources to them so that their friends and relatives can visit them regularly.

Right now the approach seems to be "wear a mask and all will be well". But if they get the covid, which the masks won't prevent, they might die. Or if they're in a nursing home they die alone regardless of the cause of death.

The current approach to dealing with the elderly, which is being pushed by local & state public health organizations, is ineffective AND cruel. It's like they're trying to punish the old folks.
That hasn’t been my experience visiting nursing homes during covid at all. ??‍♂️

In any event you lamented locking up seniors, yet that’s exactly what you present and want. It seems you just like complaining.

That hasn’t been my experience visiting nursing homes during covid at all. ??‍♂️

In any event you lamented locking up seniors, yet that’s exactly what you present and want. It seems you just like complaining.

So you've visited a lot of nursing homes since the covid hit have you? Can you share with us some of your experiences?

And to be clear I believe that seniors, particularly those with multiple underlining health problems should be self quarantining. That's very different then "locking them up".

In my scenario you can still visit your loved ones as long as you maintain a distance. Family & friends should be doing the shopping for these people and where seniors don't have family/friends willing or able to do this social services should be available to fill the vacuum. This would be a good place to redirect our social services resources.

The bottom line is that seniors with health issues are the ones at risk of dying. It's ludicrous for an 85 year old using an oxygen tank and riding around in a scooter to be shopping at Kroger. I saw this just the other week. If we're serious about saving lives and protecting people from covid then stop worrying about mask wearing virtue signaling and enact procedures that actually protect those at risk. A good start would be common sense actions like quarantining the most at risk.

What has been your experience visiting loved ones in a nursing facility?

1603968761284.png

Libertarians are ignorant. For starters, they will never be a real player in politics. Secondly, the party is comprised of idiots that are so far up the crazy meter that 96 percent of the country ignores them.

Libertarians are nothing more than children who demand that they get all of the benefits of a federal government but don’t want to be responsible for funding it. They are a joke.

Libertarians are ignorant. For starters, they will never be a real player in politics. Secondly, the party is comprised of idiots that are so far up the crazy meter that 96 percent of the country ignores them.

Libertarians are nothing more than children who demand that they get all of the benefits of a federal government but don’t want to be responsible for funding it. They are a joke.
So you're a Libertarian?

So you've visited a lot of nursing homes since the covid hit have you? Can you share with us some of your experiences?

And to be clear I believe that seniors, particularly those with multiple underlining health problems should be self quarantining. That's very different then "locking them up".

In my scenario you can still visit your loved ones as long as you maintain a distance. Family & friends should be doing the shopping for these people and where seniors don't have family/friends willing or able to do this social services should be available to fill the vacuum. This would be a good place to redirect our social services resources.

The bottom line is that seniors with health issues are the ones at risk of dying. It's ludicrous for an 85 year old using an oxygen tank and riding around in a scooter to be shopping at Kroger. I saw this just the other week. If we're serious about saving lives and protecting people from covid then stop worrying about mask wearing virtue signaling and enact procedures that actually protect those at risk. A good start would be common sense actions like quarantining the most at risk.
Yes, I’ve been to a senior center since the pandemic. Sounds like you haven’t.

Of course it’s ludicrous for that 85 yo guy to be in kroger during peak shopping hours. You just posted they shouldn’t be locked down in one post and then argued they should in another. You’re all over the place. Starting to sound like trump now.

If we are serious about saving lives and reducing spread, we’d protect that senior AND wear masks to reduce the overall spread and their potential to contract it and die. Of course, Trump offers no plan in that regard either, in fact he’d argue that senior should be shopping without a mask whenever and wherever he wants. ??‍♂️

Interesting take on excess deaths by the EthicalSkeptic:

I ran a scenario: added in 17/18 flu season & then grew the anticipated deaths to 2020, using the ann growth rate in deaths-US (higher than population growth because of age dist) = Same result. These people in the media running death rates are lying to you about excess deaths.

Check out the graph at the link.

Here is a solid study that looks at the big drop in hospital treatments for other problems during the peak of the covid outbreak:

file:///C:/Users/aclan/AppData/Local/Temp/jamainternal_blecker_2020_ld_200054_1603396359.5228.pdf

The implications of the decreases in hospitalizations for chronic disease are concerning for the possibility that sick patients are not obtaining necessary hospital care; alternatively, this trend could suggest prior overuse of hospitalization or improved self-management.

Does it not seem strange to you that the more we are told to wear the mask the higher the count goes? I did notice a while back that people including employees at the businesses were not wearing the masks or wearing them wrong. Now I have noticed much better usage and still the count go up. We need a better answer, the mask is a joke.

Does it not seem strange to you that the more we are told to wear the mask the higher the count goes? I did notice a while back that people including employees at the businesses were not wearing the masks or wearing them wrong. Now I have noticed much better usage and still the count go up. We need a better answer, the mask is a joke.
Just host a trump rally in your house. What are you afraid of?