2020 SWBL Final Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Belbrook will be tested mightily this week by Ross for sure. Should they win and Alter beats Badin ( I Hope) it will be a match up of old rivals. I like Alter to win this region

Any league news? Predictions? Games people are watching or attending? Last game of SWBL for some
Yep Milton-Union plays it's last game tonight. Member since 1944. Of course left from 82-00. Carlisle will be our last league game. Hope the Dogs can go out a winner tonight.
Best of luck. Go Dogs!

Ross’s players were twice as big as Bellbrook’s at every position. DOMINATION.
It’s just hard for Bellbrook to prepare for that playing in the SWBL. I said earlier in the year smaller division schools benefit more from this league than Franklin and Bellbrook ever could.

It’s just hard for Bellbrook to prepare for that playing in the SWBL. I said earlier in the year smaller division schools benefit more from this league than Franklin and Bellbrook ever could.
Bellbrook grew up in the SWBL but Franklin didn’t want a fight every game and SWBl gave them a chance to win 7 games with an average team. The fact they won’t play springboro or Miamisburg every year because they’re too big ? but will be bragging when they dip down 2 divisions and beat preble and Madison tells you all you need to know about them. Letting them in followed by monroe IMO lead inpart to the exit of some long time SWBL programs. I do hate to see teams leave I really enjoyed the old rivalry and history. But it always catches up like you said with the big schools in the playoffs! GoSPARTANS!!!!

Some food for thought:
Springboro 818
Miamisburg 632
Franklin 347
Bellbrook 320
Monroe 330

But yeah Franklin should be lining up with schools double their size... Should they be playing Madison, Carlisle, and Shawnee in football? No I agree but saying to go play a school thats in the top 25 in the state in enrollment is not the answer. They played both Springboro and Miamisburg in the past decade as well.

I want to see big school expansion in the SWBL. Add Edgewood, Talawanda, Ross, Massie, and Wilmington and it'd be a hell of a conference on big and small side.

Bellbrook hasn't been in this position in years. I'm thinking adding Clinton Massie and maybe even a team like Edgewood or Talawanda would pad the SWBL going into the future. I don't think leaving it at 10 will be long-term.
When Franklin joined they weren't very good, neither was Monroe but had a few really good year's. I think the SWBL needs to go after Ross, Talawanda, Edgewood and Clinton Massie. CM isn't a large school but they play like one.
SW division:
Bellbrook
Franklin
Talawanda
Ross
EdgeWood
Monroe
Oakwood

Buckeye:
Valley View
Eaton
Madison
Brookville
Carlisle
Clinton Massie
Waynesville

Last edited:
Bellbrook grew up in the SWBL but Franklin didn’t want a fight every game and SWBl gave them a chance to win 7 games with an average team. The fact they won’t play springboro or Miamisburg every year because they’re too big ? but will be bragging when they dip down 2 divisions and beat preble and Madison tells you all you need to know about them. Letting them in followed by monroe IMO lead inpart to the exit of some long time SWBL programs. I do hate to see teams leave I really enjoyed the old rivalry and history. But it always catches up like you said with the big schools in the playoffs! GoSPARTANS!!!!
This post is true on every level

Status
Not open for further replies.