Division VI - Region 24 Playoff Bracket

#16 National Trail vs #17 Triad

• Total voters
I'll play...

d6R24.jpg

Looks pretty realistic as I think more about this. Records have to mater. OHC strong has a top 5 that looks very reasonable to me. 6-10 are very debatable. And where you start rewarding for taking care of what is front of vs penalizing for the lack of perceived strength of schedule or losses

Those seeds 5-10 will interesting for sure. I see
1. Coldwater
2. MBurg
3. Adena
4. West Jefferson
5. Allen East
6. PV
7. Fort Recovery
8. Covington
9. Fairbanks
10. Greeneview

I would love to see a PV/Adena rematch down the road. Those young PV skill kids have grown up since week one and I think PV’s staff is better in pressure situations.
Probably looking at a Coldwater and Mburg regional championship game.

I certainly think that Parkway,Anna, and Minster win one playoff game each. Ft. Recovery depending on their seed placement will also win one and quite possibly 2 before they exit. The D7 MAC teams outside of ML should do OK also.

I certainly think that Parkway,Anna, and Minster win one playoff game each. Ft. Recovery depending on their seed placement will also win one and quite possibly 2 before they exit. The D7 MAC teams outside of ML should do OK also.
I wouldn't bet on Parkway beating a decent JV team.

In the opinion of some Versailles football players who have played Anna, Delphos(when they were healthy), and Parkway this year, would win against Covington. But the scrimage against the Bucs was many weeks ago.

Versailles scrimmaged Covington and just played Fort Recovery. Unless Covington improved night and day since then, the Indians would put a running clock on the Bucks this year IMO.
saw the BUCCS against the Shelby county FORT..... they lost alot of starters from last year..... and it showed.....

Bottom of the MAC is typically still pretty good in any other conference. I'd pick Parkway vs most of the SWBL Buckeye except Waynesville. Everyone else is pretty down this year. Milton getting slobber-knocked by Valley View was proof of that. Milton vs Parkway would be a good game. Parkway would beat any one else.
Typically, this is a great region, so no surprise here that it's so strong.

Those seeds 5-10 will interesting for sure. I see
1. Coldwater
2. MBurg
3. Adena
4. West Jefferson
5. Allen East
6. PV
7. Fort Recovery
8. Covington
9. Fairbanks
10. Greeneview

I would love to see a PV/Adena rematch down the road. Those young PV skill kids have grown up since week one and I think PV’s staff is better in pressure situations.
Probably looking at a Coldwater and Mburg regional championship game.
What do you know about Adena's staff in pressure situations? LOL

Just a longtime casual fan of the SVC and only one persons opinion LOL. Adena is very good this year with a dynamic qb that can do things with his arm and feet. Their TB is a good solid runner with good speed and have a 6’5 athletic receiver. Their strength probably is the fronts on both sides of the ball - big and physical. They have waited their turn in the league behind PV and Southeastern the last few years. The big thing for both PV and Adena is they really have only tested the other and that was week one as the SVC seems seems to be pretty down this year. With the right draw I think Adena could be dangerous and just not sure about PV but they are clicking well right now.

I don't see anyone other than Coldwater or Mechanicsburg winning this region. This is a very strong region, but I still think Mechanicsburg and Coldwater are on a collision course for the regional championship game.

There has to be some historical data added to current results when identifying these playoff teams. So, the analytical side of me came up with a formula. And then I tweaked it. And tweaked it 10 more times until I found a pattern that makes sense. So here it is.

NOTES:
- Yes, I know harbins already take into account wins. However, with only 5 weeks of data and very few OOC, there HAS to be another divisor. So total wins gets the nod.
- Historical data is the last 3 years, because that makes a full graduation circle. I tweaked the points per each category multiple times until it looked like it made sense.
- There is no "personal opinion" that goes into this. Only the numbers. I thought about doing a SOS or strength of conference, but that is all based on opinions.

d6R24.jpg

I don't see anyone other than Coldwater or Mechanicsburg winning this region. This is a very strong region, but I still think Mechanicsburg and Coldwater are on a collision course for the regional championship game.

I tend to agree with this, and would maybe add in West Jefferson if I'm including Mechanicsburg. I would tend to rank the Top 3 as 1. Coldwater 2A. Mechanicsburg 2B. West Jefferson.

This is really going to be a fun region. Obviously Coldwater is the team to beat but there are a few other quality teams as well. I would imagine the coaches would vote Fort Recovery rather high based on their level of play. Those middle seed games are going to be fun so hopefully the Gov will allow more fans.

I tend to agree with this, and would maybe add in West Jefferson if I'm including Mechanicsburg. I would tend to rank the Top 3 as 1. Coldwater 2A. Mechanicsburg 2B. West Jefferson.
How in the *&^% can you vote Mechanicsburg 2A and West Jefferson 2B when The 'Burg beat West Jefferson at their place ? That's just dumb !

How in the *&^% can you vote Mechanicsburg 2A and West Jefferson 2B when The 'Burg beat West Jefferson at their place ? That's just dumb !

I'm pointing out that it's difficult for you to include Mechanicsburg but not include West Jeff as well. I believe both teams are very good. I understand it's a rivalry, but you're talking about an 8 point win. To me, a one score game either way means those teams are very similar, very competitive. I ranked Mechanicsburg ahead of them due to the win.

In reality, I think Coldwater is in their own tier in this region, then Mechanicsburg and West Jeff in the second tier by themselves. I would have Fort Recovery just below that group.

I'm pointing out that it's difficult for you to include Mechanicsburg but not include West Jeff as well. I believe both teams are very good. I understand it's a rivalry, but you're talking about an 8 point win. To me, a one score game either way means those teams are very similar, very competitive. I ranked Mechanicsburg ahead of them due to the win.

In reality, I think Coldwater is in their own tier in this region, then Mechanicsburg and West Jeff in the second tier by themselves. I would have Fort Recovery just below that group.

The scoreboard said what it said but.........