Division VI - Region 24 Playoff Bracket

#16 National Trail vs #17 Triad

• Total voters
#1 Coldwater (5-0; beat Ft Recovery 51-37)
#2 Mechanicsburg (5-0; beat WJ 37-29)
#3 Adena (5-0; beat Paint Valley 50-28)
#4 Covington (4-1; lost to Ft Loramie 41-7)
#5 Paint Valley (4-1; lost to Adena 28-50)
#6 West Jeff (4-1, lost to M’burg 29-37)
#7 Ft Recovery (2-3; lost to Maria Stein, Coldwater & Versailles; beat Anna & Parkway.
#8 Allen East (4-1; lost to Cols Grove 21-30)

Last edited:
#5 Paint Valley (4-1; lost to PV 28-50)
#7 Ft Recovery (2-3; lost to Maria Stein, Coldwater & Versailles; beat Anna & Parkway.

The 4 best teams in this region are Coldwater, Mechancisburg, West Jefferson, Fort Recovery; in that order (West Jefferson and Fort Recovery could go either way). No on else is going to make it to the regional final and dependent on how they seed, these 4 teams will be in the regional semifinals.

The 4 best teams in this region are Coldwater, Mechancisburg, West Jefferson, Fort Recovery; in that order (West Jefferson and Fort Recovery could go either way). No on else is going to make it to the regional final and dependent on how they seed, these 4 teams will be in the regional semifinals.
I think you are certainly correct about the top 4 teams, but with 22 teams voting from 8 different conferences, I'm gonna guess that some are just going to vote according to the Harbin points which is probably going to move Fort Recovery down a peg or two and not put Minster and Anna up as high as they should be either. You are going to have every team in the MAC winning the first game they play (except for maybe Parkway, dependent upon the draw), and the OHC could actually do the same, probably going 5-1.

I think you are certainly correct about the top 4 teams, but with 22 teams voting from 8 different conferences, I'm gonna guess that some are just going to vote according to the Harbin points which is probably going to move Fort Recovery down a peg or two and not put Minster and Anna up as high as they should be either. You are going to have every team in the MAC winning the first game they play (except for maybe Parkway, dependent upon the draw), and the OHC could actually do the same, probably going 5-1.
Totally agree!!
Only thing (or 2 things) screwing up this beautiful bracket is
1. coaches uninformed votes
2. voting this week instead of next.

#5 Paint Valley (4-1; lost to Adena 28-50)
That’s a fair enough top eight. I’d flip 4 & 6 that’s just too high for Covington and west Jeff loss is better than PV’s who would stay at 5 in my opinion

StateChampions2021 how many titles does Coldwater have?
Just over 24 hours and the speculation will be over lol and then teams will get the chance to prove it on the field. Would kind of like Mechanicsburg to pull off the unthinkable. They have knocked at the door for quite awhile. But Coldwater is just a different animal and would take many things to occur but anything on any given night.

StateChampions2021 how many titles does Coldwater have?
Just over 24 hours and the speculation will be over lol and then teams will get the chance to prove it on the field. Would kind of like Mechanicsburg to pull off the unthinkable. They have knocked at the door for quite awhile. But Coldwater is just a different animal and would take many things to occur but anything on any given night.
Coldwater has 6

2005, 2007, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

What's a little surprising is the gap between 2015 - present. I'm assuming that CW is due for another state championship in the near future with the quality program they are year in and year out.
That's what happens when you're in the same division with Marion. Plus a few lean years talent wise.

Speaking of which. How long has it been since at least one MAC team was not a State Champ?

That’s a fair enough top eight. I’d flip 4 & 6 that’s just too high for Covington and west Jeff loss is better than PV’s who would stay at 5 in my opinion
And then after flipping Covington to 6, I would punt them on down a few further. They are a good CCC team this year, but that ain't say'n much.

This might be the year Covington finally gets a playoff win over a MAC opponent, if they can get lucky and draw Parkway. If Parkway were in the CCC I believe they would be the second or third place team this year.

its True small teams in Cincinnati are at a disadvantage especially in football. the talent is more spread out. I guess that's the trade off, dominate D1/D2 and lose out in d6 d7.

Greeneview @ Paint Valley will be a very good game, with the winner likely getting Mechanicsburg!

Ouch tough draw for PV. Where did Fr and Wj end up?
What does Greeneview do well this year? I have seen PV and they do run the ball pretty well.