Big Ten Conference has voted to cancel football and fall sports for 2020, according to reports

If I'm healthy and under 30 years old, I'm not losing a lot of sleep being worried about Covid.
Below stats are from Aug 2nd.....

Ohio population 12,000,000
Total deaths in Ohio per age group
ages 0-19................. 2 (out of 2,900,000 in Ohio ages 0-19)
ages 20-29............ 10
ages 30-39............ 25
ages 40-49............ 61
ages 50-59............ 222
(so if you're below age 60, you have a much better chance of dying in a traffic accident as opposed to covid)

Covid does not like old/sick folks
ages 60-69............ 499
ages 70-79............ 871
ages 80+................ 1,825

median age of covid death in ohio........ 80
life expectancy in ohio............................ 77

And where did they bury the 37 Clemson football players who tested positive late June?

Of the 2 that are 0-19 deaths...both were 19. 1 was already in an LTC facility for health issues. 2,500 of Ohio deaths were in LTC facilities.

The NFL, the SEC, the ACC, the B12, many Ohio HS teams, all figured out a way to play, but the brainiacs in the B1G couldn't get it done. Folks, we are witnessing the beginning of a massive fall for the Big Ten. Dips in recruiting will crush the conference. How could this happen? Seriously. How could this decision be made ahead of the SEC?

1597850017057.png

Not sure if this is fake news.......... but we shall see!

Not sure if the above is true but one thing that I am hearing is that new tOSU President, Kristina Johnson, appears to be more of a Gordon Gee type in that she is ceding athletic issues to Gene Smith and staying away from dictating athletic decisions. This is in stark contrast to other large flagship Universities in the conference that have very strong Presidents who have a say in all things relating to their Universities. In particular Wisconsin and Michigan Athletic Departments are butting heads with their Presidents, I am waiting for Barry Alvarez's head to explode since he is not getting his way.

Folks, if you're wondering why to trust a Facebook post, Jeff Snook is a long time sports reporter and author and covered CFB in Florida. He's an old school journalist. He's legit.

I know few of the details of the Big Ten's decision, but it seemed knee-jerk and premature.

Why not postpone a few weeks and then make a determination? I'm wondering if the Big Ten arrogantly assumed it is so powerful that other P5 conferences would simply follow its lead and cancel as well.

And there have been a few moderate signs just in the past few days that the spread of the virus is abating a little. The Big Ten's going to look really foolish in September if virus numbers are noticeably down and many others in high school, college, and pro are playing football.

And yes it will hurt recruiting. As I've stated before, if the Big Ten will not play in 2020 they might not play in 2021, so why commit to any member school.

Last edited:
I know few of the details of the Big Ten's decision, but it seemed knee-jerk and premature.

Why not postpone a few weeks and then make a determination?

And there have been a few moderate signs just in the past few days that the spread of the virus is abating a little. The Big Ten's going to look really foolish in September if virus numbers are noticeably down and many others in high school, college, and pro are playing football.

And yes it will hurt recruiting. As I've stated before, if the Big Ten will not play in 2020 they might not play in 2021, so why commit to any member school.
I just cannot believe the brain trust of the B1G did this. I am dumbfounded. It literally makes no sense. NONE.

^^^ Ok - we get it. But is it such a terrible thing if there are similar threads in different forums?

I think this forum (hs football) is the most visited, so thread-starters probably often think of placing new threads here, exposing them to the largest audience, even if they're 'off-topic.'

I agree there should be a limit as to what qualifies as a thread topic in the hs football forum, but the vast majority of posters who haunt this forum have a keen interest in the Big Ten's decision, so it doesn't seem substantially inappropriate. Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
Well at least the OSHAA, won't have to work their playoff games, around the OSU/Michigan, and the B1G Championship games this year

The NFL, the SEC, the ACC, the B12, many Ohio HS teams, all figured out a way to play, but the brainiacs in the B1G couldn't get it done. Folks, we are witnessing the beginning of a massive fall for the Big Ten. Dips in recruiting will crush the conference. How could this happen? Seriously. How could this decision be made ahead of the SEC?

Maybe I can shed some light on this for you:
Ohio highschool - DeWine is a Rhino and fine taking down the current president. He's good making those types of decisions, but taking down Ohio highschool football would seal an election loss for him in 2022. He's walking a tight rope as it it. BTW, if the dem teachers unions could make the call, you'd have no HS football this year or in class school.
Big 10 - Liberal Presidents took the season down, including Ohio State's President, a former Obama appointee. It also matters Pa, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and to a lesser extent Ohio are all in play this election season. The lib presidents must do their part, like DeWine, to take the current president down.
SEC, ACC, Big 12 - Follow the politics. Primarly GOP states. Unlike lib Big 10 and Pac 10. Connect the dots.
NFL - No way the lib players and corporatists lose an opportunity to flag kneel in front of 100M voters every week.
MAC - NCAA required all fall teams, coaches, and support staff to covid test twice/week. The tests cost $100 per at a total cost of about $50/week. NCAA decided this after MAC schools lost their Big 10 revenue after they cancelled OOC games. NCAA brought down the 2 test/wk requirement after the MAC's lost their Big 10 revenue. MAC's model is to break even in non covid times. NCAA lib governance took the MAC down too.

That should just about sum it up for you. Libs cancel culture plan in an election year is the driver, except NFL where the value of flag kneeling outweighs any political value from cancellation.

You being miserable is the goal. If that requires a figurative and literal burning down of the country, so be it.

Every day that goes by I get even more pissed off.

I know. I think we will see a lot of Power 5 schools get a lot of games in. Its going to be messy like Baseball, but at the end of the day it the majority would have played, some money coming in, very unlikely death or heart conditions.

Maybe I can shed some light on this for you:
Ohio highschool - DeWine is a Rhino and fine taking down the current president. He's good making those types of decisions, but taking down Ohio highschool football would seal an election loss for him in 2022. He's walking a tight rope as it it. BTW, if the dem teachers unions could make the call, you'd have no HS football this year or in class school.
Big 10 - Liberal Presidents took the season down, including Ohio State's President, a former Obama appointee. It also matters Pa, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and to a lesser extent Ohio are all in play this election season. The lib presidents must do their part, like DeWine, to take the current president down.
SEC, ACC, Big 12 - Follow the politics. Primarly GOP states. Unlike lib Big 10 and Pac 10. Connect the dots.
NFL - No way the lib players and corporatists lose an opportunity to flag kneel in front of 100M voters every week.
MAC - NCAA required all fall teams, coaches, and support staff to covid test twice/week. The tests cost $100 per at a total cost of about $50/week. NCAA decided this after MAC schools lost their Big 10 revenue after they cancelled OOC games. NCAA brought down the 2 test/wk requirement after the MAC's lost their Big 10 revenue. MAC's model is to break even in non covid times. NCAA lib governance took the MAC down too.

That should just about sum it up for you. Libs cancel culture plan in an election year is the driver, except NFL where the value of flag kneeling outweighs any political value from cancellation.

You being miserable is the goal. If that requires a figurative and literal burning down of the country, so be it.
Spot on! Absolutely NAILED IT.

Great opportunity for the Cincinnati Bearcats, with more visibility on them, and to finally prove they belong in a P5!

Do you ever listen to Joe Biden talk?

That's if you can hear him through the Zoomcast with the mask on. His camp is handling him exactly as I would. Keep him in the basement, allow him to talk once a month, pray he doesn't stray off cue card, have both hands on the cord to pull the plug at the first sign he moves away from the bait talking points. It's like a "Weekend At Bernie's" reverse bait and switch con job in broad day light........and there's a good chance it's going to work.

You're right! Trump is the master orator and conservative leadership has done so much to unite this country!