Columbus city no sports

New Zealand had 0 cases for 30 days and then guess what, the boogie man popped up again. Probably Trump’s fault

Lives are being ruined because of no extracurricular activities? People are that fragile that it's ruining their lives? One year of hardship and lives are ruined, never to be good again? That's the fighting spirit.
Guys, think about who we are talking about. The least advantaged, with the least resources are going to be expected to stay home on a computer with no supervision and do their work. What's more, the one activity sports, music, choir, art or whatever that they care about is going to be suspended. So no, I don't think we will have a spike in dropouts at all, nor juvenile delinquency or teenage pregnancy or young students getting way behind in their reading or math skills. These are the school districts that should be sucking it up and having in person school. Do whatever it takes to keep them interested. I mean what is the social cost if this reaction going to be. We are failing the ones that need the help the most for an epidemic that has not materially caused anymore deaths than we have in an average year.

All those things take leadership and that is not nonsense. I do not control Texas, Arizona, North Carolina, Georgia, New Jersey. Mississippi etc... This isn't solved on the local level. As long as people can travel, we need to get every state under control, then open up with proper testing and tracing. That is not happening at this point. You and I cannot change that. We pay taxes and vote people into positions for a reason. They need to do their job and stop blaming administrations before them or China. I did not shut down businesses. I cannot open things back up. We blew it and now it's going to take drastic measures to close things up a bit again and then properly open back up. We have handled other viruses. Why not this one? What is different?

Absolutely no reason we should not have schools open and kids participating in anything they want, but we didn't do the hard work early on, so we will need to do it now. Can't be fully open until then.
It is a virus, a very virulent virus that statistically does very little damage. It is not stopping until we build some herd immunity. Honestly, it is very simple.

While I think what's happening is a shame, it's a massive district that has some very real concerns about how to manage an entire school-year now in these pandemic times. Every district is going to face challenges, yes. But Columbus City Schools is facing its own problems with this: 15 high schools and umpteen primary buildings, with existing inequalities in access/socioeconomics bracketed by its large geography trying to serve ~50,000 students. There's no indication the district has the resources to safely "re-open" across the board, at all. Sports are great, but they also are seen as putting an out-sized strain on the resources (time, money and bodies) that the district is struggling to stay afloat in maintaining when you need more of those resources in this time to prevent their whole educational structure from just crapping out entirely with everything being remote.

The only way I could've seen fall sports working for them (or even sports in general) is if the district somehow broke up into four smaller systems: Hilltop (Briggs and West), north/NW Columbus (Beechcroft, Centennial, Northland, Whetstone), south/east side (Independence, Marion-Franklin, South and Walnut Ridge) and northeast Columbus (East, L-M, and Mifflin.) Kill the dinosaur system concept of one district trying to serve 13 neighborhood schools. Or at least one district trying to service 13 HS sports programs.

Guys, think about who we are talking about. The least advantaged, with the least resources are going to be expected to stay home on a computer with no supervision and do their work. What's more, the one activity sports, music, choir, art or whatever that they care about is going to be suspended. So no, I don't think we will have a spike in dropouts at all, nor juvenile delinquency or teenage pregnancy or young students getting way behind in their reading or math skills. These are the school districts that should be sucking it up and having in person school. Do whatever it takes to keep them interested. I mean what is the social cost if this reaction going to be. We are failing the ones that need the help the most for an epidemic that has not materially caused anymore deaths than we have in an average year.
What do you mean "suck it up and have in person school"??? Why? So it kills more people and further screws the neighborhoods up? Who do you think drives the school bus, is behind the lunchroom counter and teaches in the classroom? 20-somethings in pristine health? Have you considered that many of these students live with extended, older family members and in many cases their caretaker/custodian is a grandparent?

In what possible world is "sucking it up" by having the shadow of death hovering over a massive inner-city district remotely sensible?

It is a virus, a very virulent virus that statistically does very little damage. It is not stopping until we build some herd immunity. Honestly, it is very simple.
Why do we need herd immunity for a virus that does "very little damage?" We get those viruses every single year. If you are unlucky enough to be one of the people that has such a bad reaction to this virus that you need hospitalized, it's only a 6% chance that you die. Normal Flu that goes through each year is about 0.1% That's 60 times more. A little over 7,000 people die each day in the US on average. We are adding 700-1000 to that every day. Since it didn't start Jan 1st and took a bit to ramp up, we will add about 10% to the number of dead Americans for 2020.

We have inundated many hospitals. We don't do that every year. I agree that this is a virus that should do very little. So why have millions lost their jobs? Why are schools not opening as normal? Why are all the sports I watch on TV so different than what I'm used to? Why can't I do about 75% of the things I typically do? Why is my family sitting on concert tickets we can't use for who knows when? Why is this so much different than every other year?

That guy probably never stepped a foot outside of the burbs in his life. Some of of the posters on here have zero perspective. It's actually sad and a little bit frightening.
That guy has been a coach in the inner city. That guy loses money every year on a few select projects that he does for veterans and poorer people in the inner city. He would do more if he could. What is frightening is that we can't properly open schools because of garbage leadership that somehow has 40% support. We should have been back to normal over 3 months ago. Is this how you think we should be living?

First, you are wrong about number of deaths. The Federal Government has failed us all on a colossal scale. Do you think it will just be free to properly open schools? Where are schools supposed to get the resources to just suck it up? We will see how it goes, cuz it's going to start here pretty soon. Starting with nothing but words from our federal government. Let's put it all on the schools cuz the schools did not properly handle a simple virus.

Why do we need herd immunity for a virus that does "very little damage?" We get those viruses every single year. If you are unlucky enough to be one of the people that has such a bad reaction to this virus that you need hospitalized, it's only a 6% chance that you die. Normal Flu that goes through each year is about 0.1% That's 60 times more. A little over 7,000 people die each day in the US on average. We are adding 700-1000 to that every day. Since it didn't start Jan 1st and took a bit to ramp up, we will add about 10% to the number of dead Americans for 2020.

We have inundated many hospitals. We don't do that every year. I agree that this is a virus that should do very little. So why have millions lost their jobs? Why are schools not opening as normal? Why are all the sports I watch on TV so different than what I'm used to? Why can't I do about 75% of the things I typically do? Why is my family sitting on concert tickets we can't use for who knows when? Why is this so much different than every other year?

Where are you getting your numbers? Again, just because it’s reported doesn’t inherently make it true.

Their is no easy answer for C - 19. Old people are exposed to the flu as well but of course their is a vaccine for the flu although it is not more than 50 % effective and of course many people including the elderly don't take it. However back to C - 19 it is like a guy at work said his grandma told him she doesn't have many years left in life and she wants to live her life and not be held " prisoner " to her house ( 6 months not to be able to do what you want when ever you want is a" long " time for a person who does not have many years to live). I am old and I made it this long without the gov. telling me how to live my life, personally I wear a mask publicly but I and many people like me want to live our lives as we see fit and not big brother, we are willing to take the risk ( low low chance of dying from C -19 ) and in my opinion and many others we are not going to allow the possibility of dying hold us hostage from living. I have no doubt we have had viruses during my life time that were just as bad if not worse but went undetected and just considered a bad flu outbreak. Regardless I and others believe man cannot stop a virus, sure you can shut things down and slow the virus down, tried that once did not work so well, but I and many others would rather take the very low risk of dying from C - 19 than having our freedom of living taken away. Freedom to live my life as I chose, and not how big brother choses is much more important than fearing death. If you don't want to catch the virus stay at home, but let us live our lives, I am on the back 3 holes of my life and I don't want my remaining days of living taken away by big brothers mandates.

Hey Psychopath,
Enlighten us on what the proper response from President Trump should have been?
Dear god, I've done that like 30 times. How about what every other administration has done. Go back and look at Ebola. Please... Don't take my word for anything. Just take a step back and look at how we are living and ask yourself if this is how it should be and who is in charge. Simple

Their is no easy answer for C - 19. Old people are exposed to the flu as well but of course their is a vaccine for the flu although it is not more than 50 % effective and of course many people including the elderly don't take it. However back to C - 19 it is like a guy at work said his grandma told him she doesn't have many years left in life and she wants to live her life and not be held " prisoner " to her house ( 6 months not to be able to do what you want when ever you want is a" long " time for a person who does not have many years to live). I am old and I made it this long without the gov. telling me how to live my life, personally I wear a mask publicly but I and many people like me want to live our lives as we see fit and not big brother, we are willing to take the risk ( low low chance of dying from C -19 ) and in my opinion and many others we are not going to allow the possibility of dying hold us hostage from living. I have no doubt we have had viruses during my life time that were just as bad if not worse but went undetected and just considered a bad flu outbreak. Regardless I and others believe man cannot stop a virus, sure you can shut things down and slow the virus down, tried that once did not work so well, but I and many others would rather take the very low risk of dying from C - 19 than having our freedom of living taken away. Freedom to live my life as I chose, and not how big brother choses is much more important than fearing death. If you don't want to catch the virus stay at home, but let us live our lives, I am on the back 3 holes of my life and I don't want my remaining days of living taken away by big brothers mandates.

Your last days... It takes about 30 to get it under control, but that seems like too heavy a lift. Instead, let's let it go 180 days with terrible results. Please see Texas and Florida etc... We can slow down a virus. It's done all the time. It's just that we here in the US currently can't seem to do it.

Dear god, I've done that like 30 times. How about what every other administration has done. Go back and look at Ebola. Please... Don't take my word for anything. Just take a step back and look at how we are living and ask yourself if this is how it should be and who is in charge. Simple
Obama didn't shut anything down with HINI. ?‍♂️

You are showing symptoms of truly earning your name. Ebola is nothing like the Covid-19 experience. Ebola is extremely rare and dates back almost 50 years to know it's actions and how to handle. Covid-19 was brand new last November and spread like the common cold. Handling a Covid-19 outbreak in 2065 would be comparable to the latest Ebola experience. For my house, living in part of March, April and some of May was different. But now that we have seen months and months of covid-19, my house is living normal. And thanks to the leadership the curve has been flattened and life can go on. Unfortunately there are some that are politically driven to extend the controlled way of life.

I'll make a crazy prediction that by Dec, regardless how the Nov ballots are counted, Covid-19 will be moved to the back page.

Your last days... It takes about 30 to get it under control, but that seems like too heavy a lift. Instead, let's let it go 180 days with terrible results. Please see Texas and Florida etc... We can slow down a virus. It's done all the time. It's just that we here in the US currently can't seem to do it.
1st of all what if I die next week from a car accident, I want to live my life to the fullest not hamstrung by big brother. ? And don't tell me what I need or don't need. 2ndly we did a shutdown in March, how did that go. 3rd and most importantly the gov. cannot afford another shut down, you might want to be like Europe I don't. What if we have a totally new virus next year, one that is actually dangerous, shut everything down again ? Big brother just does not have unlimited resources.

Last edited:
New Zealand had 0 cases for 30 days and then guess what, the boogie man popped up again. Probably Trump’s fault
Yes and its back in Europe again too, what's up with that, I thought they had it under control. Man cannot stop a virus only God can, unless you want to be like China and everybody stays in place for a month.

1st of all what if I die next week from a car accident, I want to live my life to the fullest not hamstrung by big brother. ? And don't tell me what I need or don't need. 2ndly we did a shutdown in March, how did that go. 3rd and most importantly the gov. cannot afford another shut down, you might want to be like Europe I don't. What if we have a totally new virus next year, one that is actually dangerous, shut everything down again ? Big brother just does not have unlimited resources.
Didn't do a shut down worth a flip nationally. Again. Look at states that did not. They are the problem right now. Big Brother. Like after 9/11 when the government decided they could spy on us all? Have very few freedoms at an airport anymore. Tie yourselves up in knots defending this junk, but our current situation is BS and it's a result of the leadership. But no, we blame the teachers and administrators and everyone at the lowest ranks.

It's not worth one month of our time to save thousands of lives. What you and I do is so important this month that 30,000 people need to die as a result. I still can't go do what I want. I get to work. That's about it. This is living? It's BS. My entire life has changed and I've rolled with it for 5 months now, but I liked my old interests and I'd like to be able to do them again. I'll sacrifice 30 more days if I have to, but there is no plan. We will be in this same situation 60 days from now no matter what you or I do. This is not enjoyable in the least.

And what if we have a different virus next year like every year. It will be handled by competent leadership like every other one has. Why is this different? Explain that to me? Why are we living like this? We have to have smaller government that doesn't run up the national debt. Or, one that runs it up more than any other administration in history by any measure. This is all great for the top 10% of wealth in the US. They are making out like bandits. The rest of us not so much. Again, who is in charge? Why are we where we are today?

Yes and its back in Europe again too, what's up with that, I thought they had it under control. Man cannot stop a virus only God can, unless you want to be like China and everybody stays in place for a month.
4 cases...Not 400 or 4,000 or 40,000 I think we could all handle 4 cases.

You are showing symptoms of truly earning your name. Ebola is nothing like the Covid-19 experience. Ebola is extremely rare and dates back almost 50 years to know it's actions and how to handle. Covid-19 was brand new last November and spread like the common cold. Handling a Covid-19 outbreak in 2065 would be comparable to the latest Ebola experience. For my house, living in part of March, April and some of May was different. But now that we have seen months and months of covid-19, my house is living normal. And thanks to the leadership the curve has been flattened and life can go on. Unfortunately there are some that are politically driven to extend the controlled way of life.

I'll make a crazy prediction that by Dec, regardless how the Nov ballots are counted, Covid-19 will be moved to the back page.
Here in Ohio, but not other places. Been to a good movie lately? How was that concert you went to last week? Was that scrimmage interesting you attended? Did you enjoy the Red's vs Indians? Best hot dog I've had in years. My family loved being at the ballpark again.

Didn't do a shut down worth a flip nationally. Again. Look at states that did not. They are the problem right now. Big Brother. Like after 9/11 when the government decided they could spy on us all? Have very few freedoms at an airport anymore. Tie yourselves up in knots defending this junk, but our current situation is BS and it's a result of the leadership. But no, we blame the teachers and administrators and everyone at the lowest ranks.

It's not worth one month of our time to save thousands of lives. What you and I do is so important this month that 30,000 people need to die as a result. I still can't go do what I want. I get to work. That's about it. This is living? It's BS. My entire life has changed and I've rolled with it for 5 months now, but I liked my old interests and I'd like to be able to do them again. I'll sacrifice 30 more days if I have to, but there is no plan. We will be in this same situation 60 days from now no matter what you or I do. This is not enjoyable in the least.

And what if we have a different virus next year like every year. It will be handled by competent leadership like every other one has. Why is this different? Explain that to me? Why are we living like this? We have to have smaller government that doesn't run up the national debt. Or, one that runs it up more than any other administration in history by any measure. This is all great for the top 10% of wealth in the US. They are making out like bandits. The rest of us not so much. Again, who is in charge? Why are we where we are today?
Stop watching CNN and MSNBC and drinking their kool aid.. and I am not a Fox fan either so don't pin me into that corner. I said it on other threads and will say this again..it is a PLANDEMIC..don't you get it? It is about destroying our economy, not killing us all, what good would that do if you took over a country or the government, which is exactly what the left wants behind the guise of the BLM/Antifa antics, with no people to subject to slavery and socialist tactics? They want to rule, not kill us. It is a flu bug, you will get over it unless you are 80 something with other conditions that have you in weakened state of health. Do some research please and stop being a follower

Here in Ohio, but not other places. Been to a good movie lately? How was that concert you went to last week? Was that scrimmage interesting you attended? Did you enjoy the Red's vs Indians? Best hot dog I've had in years. My family loved being at the ballpark again.
Although I follow Seattle I do not base my daily activities on what happens there. Watched a movie last night and not been to a concert since I was 23 and that was long ago. I don't go to scrimmages they are for the kids and I really tried to follow the pro sports start-up but do even less now with all the political statements all around them. My family loves the lake and our camping adventures.

Stop watching CNN and MSNBC and drinking their kool aid.. and I am not a Fox fan either so don't pin me into that corner. I said it on other threads and will say this again..it is a PLANDEMIC..don't you get it? It is about destroying our economy, not killing us all, what good would that do if you took over a country or the government, which is exactly what the left wants behind the guise of the BLM/Antifa antics, with no people to subject to slavery and socialist tactics? They want to rule, not kill us. It is a flu bug, you will get over it unless you are 80 something with other conditions that have you in weakened state of health. Do some research please and stop being a follower
So, you are saying the Trump administration has this planned? For the left? 80 year olds and above don't matter. Got ya. Who's in charge again?

Obama didn't shut anything down with HINI. ?‍♂️
Like I said, real leadership can handle things. What is your point? Could we have handled this better and maybe not had to close things down? YES!!!!! Obama...Bush...Clinton...Bush.... Everyone else.... Trump and his band of incompetents have "lead us" to this point. Great job! You don't see what a joke this is? No Spring sports and here we are? Nothing like this in our lifetime and it's because of those not in charge? Explain to me how leadership and the government work again. We vote them in to ruin life as we know it and say good job? No one could see a cold or flu coming. It's too much. You guys argue both sides. It's nothing! Trumps the only one that can handle it! Which is it? Is it real or fake?

Like I said, real leadership can handle things. What is your point? Could we have handled this better and maybe not had to close things down? YES!!!!! Obama...Bush...Clinton...Bush.... Everyone else.... Trump and his band of incompetents have "lead us" to this point. Great job! You don't see what a joke this is? No Spring sports and here we are? Nothing like this in our lifetime and it's because of those not in charge? Explain to me how leadership and the government work again. We vote them in to ruin life as we know it and say good job? No one could see a cold or flu coming. It's too much. You guys argue both sides. It's nothing! Trumps the only one that can handle it! Which is it? Is it real or fake?
Blaming Trump for a virus. Lol. With a .03 % mortality rate that obviously isn’t correct as proven with link above. I wish no one would get sick but people are running around like it’s the most deadly disease know to man.

I think you don't understand how our government was formed, and why it was formed the way it was formed. The power resides with the states, which is what I prefer. You continue to blame Trump for this. It seems you prefer an all powerful single individual at the federal level to run things. You are living in the wrong country for that. If Trump had chosen to not close things down, you would have been absolutely livid. Ironic that you claim we are arguing both sides.

Blaming Trump for a virus. Lol. With a .03 % mortality rate that obviously isn’t correct as proven with link above. I wish no one would get sick but people are running around like it’s the most deadly disease know to man.
Response to the virus. ( LOL So we are 13 year old girls now?) 6% die if they end up in the hospital. 0.1% for a really bad flu at the worst case. 171,000 American's will have died from it by the end of this week. Again, from a tiny little virus that is nothing. Why can't it be handled then in responsible manner. Please explain why hospitals all over the country could not handle this? You can't cuz you won't hold your leaders responsible. How many times in your life have you seen Americans on travel bans? Because of a cold? Explain why we are not back to normal.