Does the Reds players taking a knee for the National Anthem affect how you feel towards the team?

Does the Reds players taking a knee for the National Anthem affect how you feel towards the team?

• Yes - I will never be a fan again

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Yes - but I will get over it

• Yes - I can accept it even though I disagree with it

• Yes - I like them even more now

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Yes - didn't care about them before but I hope they lose every game now

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • No - I've always hated the Reds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - I'm still a fan

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • No - didn't care about them before

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • No - don't really like baseball

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Yappi

Go Buckeyes

Yes, I don't agree with any of the BLM platform and I hate how it's being shoved down everyone's throats in an Orweillian, forced nature. It's groupthink and straight out of 1984. It's also extremely hypocritical that MLB, NBA, NFL, etc are pretending to care about human rights while accepting billions from Nike to produce their uniforms. Nothing but pandering bs, that's it. But I'm not going to stop rooting for the Reds or any other team because the players have different political beliefs than I do, that would be dumb.

Yes, I don't agree with any of the BLM platform and I hate how it's being shoved down everyone's throats in an Orweillian, forced nature. It's groupthink and straight out of 1984. It's also extremely hypocritical that MLB, NBA, NFL, etc are pretending to care about human rights while accepting billions from Nike to produce their uniforms. Nothing but pandering bs, that's it. But I'm not going to stop rooting for the Reds or any other team because the players have different political beliefs than I do, that would be dumb.
Pretty much. Tough pill to swallow, but you gotta f’n swallow it and move on. Sports are too important to me to give up over politics. However, if it ever got to the point where the overall message of the protests are intentionally to give a middle finger to the US, I might reconsider.

Pretty much. Tough pill to swallow, but you gotta f’n swallow it and move on. Sports are too important to me to give up over politics. However, if it ever got to the point where the overall message of the protests are intentionally to give a middle finger to the US, I might reconsider.
Yep

This is what they are supporting by doing this. Anyone who wears a BLM shirt needs to be targeted, they need to get a taste of what they are dishing out. BLM is a marxist scum organization that is world wide with one goal in mind.... and no, it is not to save the lives of Blacks.... it is to destroy Democracy and Capitalism. Do not donate to BLM instead donate directly to your local communities, health centers, food banks, urban sport centers, etc..... over 71% of donation to BLM go directly into there pocket..... others go to pay individuals to cause havoc on society all over the world..... OF COURSE THE LIVES OF BLACKS MATTER but this is not what this organization in about. The founders of the group have admitted that they are Marxists, that they believe in that ideology, they believe they are the right ones to install it, and they have communist ties..... this is the TRUTH not a conspiracy...... Bombard the owners of the Cincinnati Reds and demand that they stop this immediately.

I choose to believe the vast majority support the general idea and not the actual organization. It’s the only way for me to reconcile the insanity.

1595530215711.jpeg

Meanwhile, in Boston...

I choose to believe the vast majority support the general idea and not the actual organization. It’s the only way for me to reconcile the insanity.

this is almost certainly correct. I've said it on other threads, the players don't immerse themselves in the politics of the organization. They just want to support their black teammates and the community. 100% OK with me. GO REDS!

this is almost certainly correct. I've said it on other threads, the players don't immerse themselves in the politics of the organization. They just want to support their black teammates and the community. 100% OK with me. GO REDS!

What about the Hispanic teammates. I guess their life does not matter. This is all BS as you know and their is no excuse for it. It is called division which is the goal of this organization. I will support my fellow southerners by flying the Confederate Flag. I don't know the politics around it but I am just going to support them anyways..... Would you be 100% OK with that?

Dont care.
They can do whatever they want.
It is their right to kneel.

HOW--E---VUH------
People also have their right to tell them how they feel about kneeling.......

One thing I learned about this government sanctioned time-out : Sports no longer control me. Yeah, ill still watch, but i realized I wasted so much time making them a priority.
Baseball ill hardly watch, as it is enjoyable enough on the radio.

NBA was on life support for me before this, now its DOA. sBLM painted on the courts? Puhlease,

NHL: Love me some hockey, but that rarely was exciting to watch until the last 15 games and then the postseason.

NFL.......likely still watch the STeelers, MNF, SNF and TNF. Decent chance ill watch less games outside of those 4.

Like I've said many, many, many times. I go to get entertained. Them kneeling, doesn't really bother me as long as they don't grab the microphone and inform us of why they are doing it. I could care less about their political views, I want them to hit that fast ball, change up, curve, slider, etc over the stinking fence! Again, I don't want to hear their political views. Just entertain me dang nab it!

Like I've said many, many, many times. I go to get entertained. Them kneeling, doesn't really bother me as long as they don't grab the microphone and inform us of why they are doing it. I could care less about their political views, I want them to hit that fast ball, change up, curve, slider, etc over the stinking fence! Again, I don't want to hear their political views. Just entertain me dang nab it!

ESPN will milk it every second of it...... Even if you put the game on Mute the damn BLM logo will be right there at the pitchers mound. Frankly, it is racist. If you exchange black with white and it is racist then it is racist the other way around as well.

White Lives Matter
White Power
White Pride
White Entertainment Television
etc......

If you want equality then it goes both ways...... it either is racist or it is not. Not one or the other.....

We kneel in church as a sign of reverence and sometimes kneel to pray. Men often kneel to show respect when proposing. Why is kneeling during the anthem considered disrespectful by some? You could argue that taking a knee during the anthem is a respectful way to try to send a message.

Those of you so anti-kneeling - explain. It's not the kneeling, it's that you hate the message right?

We kneel in church as a sign of reverence and sometimes kneel to pray. Men often kneel to show respect when proposing. Why is kneeling during the anthem considered disrespectful by some? You could argue that taking a knee during the anthem is a respectful way to try to send a message.

Those of you so anti-kneeling - explain. It's not the kneeling, it's that you hate the message right?
You certainly could argue that and you would reveal how galactically stupid we all know you are

I support the Reds as a baseball team, I don't care about their philosophies in life.

However, I think pro athletes are dancing very dangerously with what I feel they don't really understand. Much of the salaries that these guys get are driven through the massive TV contracts that the teams have with ESPN, Turner, CBS, ABC, ect. These contracts are based on viewership. The die hards are always going to be there, but much of the growth is from the fringe fans. The people that watch the big games. If you lose a good chunk of that audience, guess what? The owners make less money and the players pay will eventually suffer.
The risk the players are taking is that the "woke" audience grows enough to offset the losses of the traditional fan.

I support the Reds as a baseball team, I don't care about their philosophies in life.

However, I think pro athletes are dancing very dangerously with what I feel they don't really understand. Much of the salaries that these guys get are driven through the massive TV contracts that the teams have with ESPN, Turner, CBS, ABC, ect. These contracts are based on viewership. The die hards are always going to be there, but much of the growth is from the fringe fans. The people that watch the big games. If you lose a good chunk of that audience, guess what? The owners make less money and the players pay will eventually suffer.
The risk the players are taking is that the "woke" audience grows enough to offset the losses of the traditional fan.
Consider the possibility that they know the risk and choose to do this because they think it is the right thing to do

How much have NFL tix prices jumped since 2016? I’m guessing there’s a lot of leeway before they even really feel the sting of lost viewership