Spring Football Prediction // ThisWeek + Snodgrass

Which is it?

As I said it's both. They have been told to prepare for virtual learning and in class instruction. They have been given no guidance though as to what is really going to happen in the fall. Everything they are doing is preliminary and no definitive decisions have been made.

As I said it's both. They have been told to prepare for virtual learning and in class instruction. They have been given no guidance though as to what is really going to happen in the fall. Everything they are doing is preliminary and no definitive decisions have been made.
No kidding. Until DeWine decides no one knows.

That shouldn't be surprising.

Schools SHOULD be planning for the various options/scenarios out there - 100% in person school, 100% remote school, some mixture. This way they are prepared for what happens, and are not left in scramble mode like they were in March when the proverbial <s**t> hit the proverbial fan. The fact it happened so close to a natural break time helped a bit with the transition, but i would imagine with a full couple months to plan, whatever happens in the fall will be less of a scramble.

As far as what happens with SCHOOL sports, too hard to speculate at this point. However, i would say the good news of today is that at least the sports side of things is on the way back to happening for our student-aged population.

Schools SHOULD be planning for the various options/scenarios out there - 100% in person school, 100% remote school, some mixture. This way they are prepared for what happens, and are not left in scramble mode like they were in March when the proverbial <s**t> hit the proverbial fan. The fact it happened so close to a natural break time helped a bit with the transition, but i would imagine with a full couple months to plan, whatever happens in the fall will be less of a scramble.

As far as what happens with SCHOOL sports, too hard to speculate at this point. However, i would say the good news of today is that at least the sports side of things is on the way back to happening for our student-aged population.
Planning for the unknown is very often not productive.

Semper Gumbi is the best plan.

Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. - M. Tyson

There will not be interscholastic sports until schools return to a normal day and calendar. Just my educated and experienced opinion.

chs1971,

I agree with you that school sports probably won't happen if we're not at normal schooling, but at least now the sports piece itself isn't a constraint.

Planning for the unknown is very often not productive.

Semper Gumbi is the best plan.

Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. - M. Tyson

There will not be interscholastic sports until schools return to a normal day and calendar. Just my educated and experienced opinion.

His educated experienced opinion includes being a HUGE supporter of a guy who said just today , 'If we test more the numbers will go up and make us look bad". He agrees with all this man says and does and cheers him each day and is incredibly excited about voting for him again . Small time small town whiner who complained that he got crap from his all white community while coaching . Incredibly this town still asks his advice ? Tell me what community is this ? Please post and tell me what community trusts this dude. Maybe they don't he's just making it up.

My theory is the calculated gamble for Trump\Republicans is to open up (we should not be doing what we are doing, I mean...cases are inevitably going to spike, but what's our options?), hoping things don't get "that bad". If they don't Fall looks the same and everything is good to go, Trump wins in landslide. If we reopen, things go poorly, we close things again to a degree and put all blame on China to the point a war is on the horizon. That's how reckless this is getting.

My theory is the calculated gamble for Trump\Republicans is to open up (we should not be doing what we are doing, I mean...cases are inevitably going to spike, but what's our options?), hoping things don't get "that bad". If they don't Fall looks the same and everything is good to go, Trump wins in landslide. If we reopen, things go poorly, we close things again to a degree and put all blame on China to the point a war is on the horizon. That's how reckless this is getting.
Ridiculous claim.

His educated experienced opinion includes being a HUGE supporter of a guy who said just today , 'If we test more the numbers will go up and make us look bad". He agrees with all this man says and does and cheers him each day and is incredibly excited about voting for him again . Small time small town whiner who complained that he got crap from his all white community while coaching . Incredibly this town still asks his advice ? Tell me what community is this ? Please post and tell me what community trusts this dude. Maybe they don't he's just making it up.
Liar.

Inside source says Snodgrass is telling everyone barring a 2nd wave football will be played in the fall. They are going to open schools back up for summer workouts on July 1. The plan as of now is limited fans with social distancing.

More stock should be put in what Snodgrass literally said when pressed earlier this week than the floated, second hand source on the forums.
Inside source says Snodgrass is telling everyone barring a 2nd wave football will be played in the fall. They are going to open schools back up for summer workouts on July 1. The plan as of now is limited fans with social distancing.

Other schools will follow, dramatically. I don't want to start a political debate, but I assume Dem leaning state's universities will follow, they'll stick together. So as a quick example;

A. It is well known University President's have said no kids on campus, no sports, period.

B. Oregon will follow in the next few days. Immediately that is going to mean no Oregon vs. Ohio State. That alone, even in conversation will blow everything into orbit..in my opinion.

C. Pac-12 may as well kiss their season goodbye by the end of the week unless USC, a private school declares they are going independent.

This really is biggest football news when you think about it.

Dude you are clueless