Wuhan Coronavirus epidemic spreads from China to US

It's time to push back on the Dr. Fauci & Dr. Acton's of the world. Rand Paul was right when he said they don't hold a monopoly on how best to fight covid19 and their track record to date has been awful.

I have gotten to the point where I no longer put any trust in the prognostications of scientists about COVID-19 and the comparison of various social policy tactics for dealing with it. These people have lost credibility – and I was already skeptical in the first place.

Some no doubt are well-intentioned and trying their best to do a good job. Others probably have a political agenda. But at this point I think even the first group simply doesn’t know. The country-by-country data gives us some information, to be sure – enough to bring me to the conclusion that there is no simple relationship between any of the rules and the outcomes claimed to be a result of those rules. But it doesn’t tell us what to do going forward.
They would have been better listening to you early on , you've nailed it. So seeing as your credibility is beyond reproach, what is your take now? Resume normal life open everything up , get the total death toll to about 225000 and in a year have some Herd immunity ?

If Trump and Biden or the governors had to live in a nursing home for a month, I doubt if we would have anyone dying from C - 19 in the nursing homes.

There's a story going around that Pennsylvania's head of Public Health took his mother out of a nursing home and put her in a Hotel when this all started up.

I suspect that a lot more of this went on then we realize. To bad the media isn't more curious about these things. But hey they've got to expose those rotten kids going on spring break!

They would have been better listening to you early on , you've nailed it. So seeing as your credibility is beyond reproach, what is your take now? Resume normal life open everything up , get the total death toll to about 225000 and in a year have some Herd immunity ?

I couldn't have done any worse then they did!

But I would have been satisfied if the powers that be got a second opinion before closing everything down.

I couldn't have done any worse then they did!

But I would have been satisfied if the powers that be got a second opinion before closing everything down.

So , your opinion is the numbers of the dead would be roughly the same if nothing was shut down and that is the type of second opinion you were wanting? Or that is just the cost of doing business? So are you clamoring for tightly packed venues, offices and eateries and you would be first in line ? I say just be tough and go for it Lotty you are one of those Warriors your hero who has never erred Mister Trump talks about . You are tough and resilient. For the record, i can't stand being immobile , I don't stay home, but I can't stand not being able to go out to eat or travel. A handful of trips and plans cancelled , family members working in the medical field{ KKKnow the real scoop in multiple medical settings} could go on.{ Mental health , domestic violence , poverty etc}
Trump being re-elected and the campaign is not nd shouldn't be an issue now . He is a train wreck of course and we are better off with anyone as a leader at a time like this , but we're stuck for a while .

Last edited:
So , your opinion is the numbers of the dead would be roughly the same if nothing was shut down? Or that is just the cost of doing business? So are you clamoring for tightly packed venues, offices and eateries and you would be first in line ? I say just be tough and go for it Lotty you are one of those Warriors your hero who has never erred Mister Trump talks about . You are tough and resilient.

I think licking hand rails would just fine Harry.

I think licking hand rails would just fine Harry.
As you storm the state house and race up the stairs I want you licking those rails on the way up , and don't forget to bring your firearm of choice if things get physical . Freedom. Show that " toughness " that Trump Warrior spirit. I mean you don't see Trump and the other West Wing workers staying home and wearing masks outside and they haven;'t missed a beat or contracted the virus at all. I must say I am deeply disappointed in Fox State TV working from home . I would have thought given their rhetoric that their offices and studios would be open and packed with people .
Closed for another month I heard. What's up with that?

Last edited:
Disney World closed March 12th . Florida being a very geriatric state had many of it's older population many of who I know { Uncles Mother in Law , Aunts , friends parents etc} started staying home and social distancing , sanitizing masks etc, BEFORE the mandatory orders. …...

Disney World closed their parks on March 15th. I was actually there on the 14th (Epcot) and 15th (Hollywood Studios) with about 60-70K folks each day. The closure was a result of the county requirements for social distancing and limits on the number of people that could be gathered in one place (50). Some counties issued stay at home orders over the following week and the Florida stay at home order went into effect on April 1st. But once the vulnerable population was figured out, Florida went to protect them fairly quickly.

But it was another week before Disney started closing resorts and restaurants outside of the parks. Masks are still not a thing for some areas and oddly it is the areas that were way under projections that haven't adopted them at all.

Disney World closed their parks on March 15th. I was actually there on the 14th (Epcot) and 15th (Hollywood Studios) with about 60-70K folks each day. The closure was a result of the county requirements for social distancing and limits on the number of people that could be gathered in one place (50). Some counties issued stay at home orders over the following week and the Florida stay at home order went into effect on April 1st. But once the vulnerable population was figured out, Florida went to protect them fairly quickly.

But it was another week before Disney started closing resorts and restaurants outside of the parks. Masks are still not a thing for some areas and oddly it is the areas that were way under projections that haven't adopted them at all.

Happy for Florida . So it seems that you were and are fir no intervention and that closing down hurt and didn’t help death rates overall ? Ok we should have done nothing and we would be in the same shape . So when the numbers spike again when things open up as projected ( 130 to 147 thousand by August) what will be the reason ? Florida is already humid and hot , hopefully this will help the numbers there and here eventually .
Tough to navigate and can’t keep everything closed indefinitely so it’s up to the individual to be safe

Happy for Florida . So it seems that you were and are fir no intervention and that closing down hurt and didn’t help death rates overall ? Ok we should have done nothing and we would be in the same shape . So when the numbers spike again when things open up as projected ( 130 to 147 thousand by August) what will be the reason ? Florida is already humid and hot , hopefully this will help the numbers there and here eventually .
Tough to navigate and can’t keep everything closed indefinitely so it’s up to the individual to be safe

Nope, I'd have gone for a 2-4 week program to bend the curve and get the needed equipment and supplies mobilized, isolate those most vulnerable and then reopen as quickly as possible afterward. There is no chance today to prevent the deaths that will occur, without herd immunity or a vaccine it is inevitable. The numbers will spike again, what we went through March and April to do was to get the supplies and equipment and to help the medical community to cope with it. It was never about preventing every person from getting it or preventing every death. To think otherwise is to ignore logic and science.

Sunny, humid and hot doesn't prevent, it mitigates.

Even the Onion couldn't come up with something like this lol.

Besser was in charge of the CDC during the Swine Flu pandemic, he didn't keep the job.
Sibelious screwed up the Obamascam launch. She screwed up the response to the Swine Flu. Exactly what is she going to say?
Thunberg? Is basically a partially educated teenager from another country with no medical background except as a patient. They couldn't get Nick Sandmann to appear on their network? He's at least an American and CNN is used to paying him money.

With this crowd, they could have just surfed the Birmingham, AL phone book and found people with more weight to their opinons.

Slappy and Harry have their DVR's set already.
You live in an apartment . I found that out . You said you are a boss ion some company and were worried about 'YOUR" workers and your business partners. Well I have noticed you never leave this forum . So that tells me you aren't really working don't have much in terms of assets and are just a boring azzz poster . No I am not angry or mad as you like to reply . Refute my accurate take please .

You live in an apartment . I found that out . You said you are a boss ion some company and were worried about 'YOUR" workers and your business partners. Well I have noticed you never leave this forum . So that tells me you aren't really working don't have much in terms of assets and are just a boring azzz poster . No I am not angry or mad as you like to reply . Refute my accurate take please .
You're weird.

You're weird.

Creatively accurate. It's obvious you aren't working . Yu said a long while back you were worried about your workers and business partners not making money . How are you making money then ? You are here morning till night and after that .

Creatively accurate. It's obvious you aren't working . Yu said a long while back you were worried about your workers and business partners not making money . How are you making money then ? You are here morning till night and after that .
Lol. Of course you're known for your early morning posts because you say you start the day early. Who wakes up and says "I sure would like to tell a bunch of strangers how much I hate Trump" every day? The answer is you (the correct spelling btw).

Lol. Of course you're known for your early morning posts because you say you start the day early. Who wakes up and says "I sure would like to tell a bunch of strangers how much I hate Trump" every day? The answer is you (the correct spelling btw).

Dude you made like you were some kind of boss and was so sorry that your huge company just couldn't help them . You cared so much you said. So you say I post every day early in the AM ? And that means what? I post relevant info that pertains to current events. You ? are just a stupid kid { I don't care if you are actually 45 you are a kid and a mascot because you're opinions are so weak } . You are obsessed with me. You know when I post , what I post , where I post. Your opinions if you started thread ? No one would look at or notice. Tell me I' wrong ? Go for it . Try it , . You won't because you know no one cares . You will say you're too busy as you pick o0ut wallpaper patterns here .

The current lock downs can no longer be supported by the data nor do they reflect the changing conditions on the ground. Here are some examples:

* Over 65% of the roughly 4,000 covid19 deaths in Pennsylvania have been in nursing homes. Yet the governor has extended into June the lock down order and is threatening to use all the powers of the State to go after any business that violates that order. So instead of protecting the elderly in nursing homes, which PA has FAILED to do, they are locking down the entire state for an indefinite time. This is the definition of insanity.

* And it's not just PA. A number of States have enabled mass carnage in nursing homes by insisting that covid19 patients be admitted to all nursing homes. This includes NY, CA, & NJ. Yet in spite of causing the death of thousands these same Governors and their public health leaders insist that for the "protection" of their citizens they must shut the whole state down. Again, this is insanity.

It's time to fully reopen the country by July 1 - at the latest.

Why is Harry obsessed with wbp and what he does? Creepy.

Don't care what he does , just pointing out that I think he is full of chit . Lightweight who likes to point out spelling errors and typos . Guy has been following me around these forums for years now , so there's that. If he never mentions me or quotes me again, I wouldn't respond to him or even read his boring often absurd thoughts , but he can't help himself so I will respond from time to time . He is the one that was always talking about going to the office every day uninterrupted whatsoever during this time . Then he is here every day crying about things being closed down unnecessarily showing the patience of a two year old . He was questioning whether this was a crisis at all when it was clear that it kind of was and would be a big problem . He continually calls it a mild virus . Again , I find it creepy that he has followed me around for so long and looks for me so he can always respond or talk chit . I wouldn't walk even a few steps to retrieve a piece of paper containing something he wrote . So may be this will end his following me around? One can only hope

Last edited:
The current lock downs can no longer be supported by the data nor do they reflect the changing conditions on the ground. Here are some examples:

* Over 65% of the roughly 4,000 covid19 deaths in Pennsylvania have been in nursing homes. Yet the governor has extended into June the lock down order and is threatening to use all the powers of the State to go after any business that violates that order. So instead of protecting the elderly in nursing homes, which PA has FAILED to do, they are locking down the entire state for an indefinite time. This is the definition of insanity.

* And it's not just PA. A number of States have enabled mass carnage in nursing homes by insisting that covid19 patients be admitted to all nursing homes. This includes NY, CA, & NJ. Yet in spite of causing the death of thousands these same Governors and their public health leaders insist that for the "protection" of their citizens they must shut the whole state down. Again, this is insanity.

It's time to fully reopen the country by July 1 - at the latest.

If the liberals keep this up you could actually see some seriously blue states vote Trump in Nov.

Proving yet again, that liberalism ALWAYS generates the exact opposite of its stated intent.

If the liberals keep this up you could actually see some seriously blue states vote Trump in Nov.

I agree.

Right now these governors have high approval ratings but I suspect they're less solid then GH Bush's ratings were right after the 1st Iraq war. As summer hits with pools, playing fields, parks, beaches, camp grounds and a host of other summer time activities closed people are going to start to grumble. Throw in a sagging economy and the Governors AR's could drop like a brick.

I'm thinking NJ might be in play for Trump.

And don't forget even if this doesn't move the needle for the POTUS it will impact congressional elections where purple areas of CA, NJ & NY might swing back to the Republicans.

Voluntary social distancing would definitely be the best strategy. However, we had quite a few instances, just at the hospital I work at, of people lying to our door screeners just to get into the facility for their non-urgent needs. I don't personally trust Americans to voluntarily do what the Swedes did. Americans are far too indivdualistic to not put themselves first IMO.

I agree.

Right now these governors have high approval ratings but I suspect they're less solid then GH Bush's ratings were right after the 1st Iraq war. As summer hits with pools, playing fields, parks, beaches, camp grounds and a host of other summer time activities closed people are going to start to grumble. Throw in a sagging economy and the Governors AR's could drop like a brick.

I'm thinking NJ might be in play for Trump.

And don't forget even if this doesn't move the needle for the POTUS it will impact congressional elections where purple areas of CA, NJ & NY might swing back to the Republicans.

You are serious aren't you ? Yikes . Then again you've already more than proven that you are living in an alternative facts delusional reality . What happened to you man?