Wuhan Coronavirus epidemic spreads from China to US

The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me! - Trump Feb 24
It is under control. Thank God we have the best health care in the world. The Stock Market had it's best day since 1933...if you were smart you just made a killing.

Being critical of trumps rabid incompetence is unamerican...but attacking Obama was fine. His briefings are incredibly bad and full of promises that are not happening and lies. People will die because he refuses to listen to experts or see this through any other lens than his own personal self interest.
You know how dumb you sound blaming Trump for a virus right? I sincerely hope you are simply trolling.

The briefings are great, wide-ranging, quite lengthy, and full of information from a variety of departments. I recommend listening in and learning.

Thankfully, even in the face of being called a racist (which by the way is a lie, every time it occurs), Trump saved thousands of lives by shutting down China travel. Thankfully he had the balls to do it, unlike the PC _ussies running the democrat party and the media.
The Dems would have had hug a Chinese rallies.

He acknowledges the importance of social distancing and closing of public gathering to control spread.

And so do most of us saying we may have overreacted.

* Social distancing - YES

* Washing your hands a lot - YES

* Washing surfaces - YES

* Closing schools - YES

* Shutting down mega gatherings like sports events, concerts, parades - YES

* Restricting access to Nursing Homes - YES

* Shutting down movie theaters, bars & restaurants - MAYBE

But going beyond this may do more harm then good. And I'm sure some folks would argue that I have to many "yes" answers above. We should be having this conversation EVERY DAY of the pandemic. The public health folks can't be the ONLY people that impact policy.

You have to believe that the Trump administration was distracted by the impeachment. It would be silly to think otherwise. And if we had an honest, competent, & unbiased media they would be pointing that out. There are consequences to launching an impeachment of the POTUS.

Media should make excuses for incompetence ? No that’s what you guys are for

Know somebody who is head of a floor at a hospital. They just started laying off people. WTF? We dont want to overwhelm the healthcare system but are laying them off.

And so do most of us saying we may have overreacted.

* Social distancing - YES

* Washing your hands a lot - YES

* Washing surfaces - YES

* Closing schools - YES

* Shutting down mega gatherings like sports events, concerts, parades - YES

* Restricting access to Nursing Homes - YES

* Shutting down movie theaters, bars & restaurants - MAYBE

But going beyond this may do more harm then good. And I'm sure some folks would argue that I have to many "yes" answers above. We should be having this conversation EVERY DAY of the pandemic. The public health folks can't be the ONLY people that impact policy.
There’s no maybe about the last one.

We're making progress:

Here's an intriguing example:

America’s auto-making factories to the rescue!

Ford said it will work with 3M to produce a new kind of Powered Air-Purifying Respirator for healthcare workers. A PAPR has a clear mask that fits over the face. Air is drawn in through a tube connected to a pump that filters the air. The PAPR will be made using parts from both Ford and 3M, the automaker said, including fans used in the Ford F-150’s optional ventilated seats.

Ford said it is exploring the possibility of producing the device at one of its Michigan factories. 3M will also make the respirators at its own factory, Ford said.

The automaker also said it will work with the United Auto Workers Union to assemble clear plastic face shields that protect people from possibly infectious bodily fluids. The Ford-designed masks are being tested at Detroit-area hospitals. They could be used by healthcare workers, but also others, such as store clerks, who must regularly deal with the public.

Ford is also using 3D printers at its Advanced Manufacturing Center to create disposable air-filtering respirator masks. Once approved, Ford said, the company could initially 1,000 masks per month but hopes to increase production as quickly as possible.

And this begs the question that even in the absence of testing, if folks experience moderate to severe symptoms they're going to call their Doctor and go to the nearest hospital. I'm still not hearing or seeing reports of people flooding the hospitals. Has anyone out there?

And don't forget that Dr, Acton said ON MARCH 12 that modeling indicated that 117,000 Ohioans were infected with the C-virus. Given an average incubation to symptoms of a little under 6 days if this many people had it AND it was especially virulent we should be seeing folks flooding the hospitals.

My guess is that a lot of Ohioans have been infected but so far the virulence has been low.

But I'm annoyed that given Dr, Acton's statements on March 12 that they continue to push back the point at which this will explode on Ohio. Based on what we know about the etiology of this virus today and given the numbers Acton claimed were infected back on March 12 shouldn't we be seeing more signs of the surge?
Yes, I said the same thing earlier. The scary numbers do not add up.

COVID1925ET9OI5KXQAgiMMV.jpg