Division II State Championship: Massillon Washington (14-0) vs. La Salle (12-2)

Who wins?

• Massillon by 15+

Votes: 20 6.8%
  • Massillon by 8-14

Votes: 50 16.9%
  • Massillon by 1-7

Votes: 80 27.0%
  • La Salle by 1-7

Votes: 78 26.4%
  • La Salle by 8-14

Votes: 46 15.5%
  • La Salle by 15+

Votes: 22 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
DeSales was 10-0 that year, finished first in R7

Indeed, and they did lost in the R7 final to the Louisville team that Anderson beat in the finals. The Lancers were all over the place in that era, loaded with talent and wildly inconsistent. The opening chapter of the book about the 2015 team talks a lot about the changes that needed to be made to make La Salle a true winner and none of it was talent.

Indeed, and they did lost in the R7 final to the Louisville team that Anderson beat in the finals. The Lancers were all over the place in that era, loaded with talent and wildly inconsistent. The opening chapter of the book about the 2015 team talks a lot about the changes that needed to be made to make La Salle a true winner and none of it was talent.
I had Colerain guys telling me how loaded La Salle was when Moore took over. The AD told me they wanted to take that next step up which in retrospect certainly happened with two outright GCLS titles and four state titles. He wanted me to compare Grippa with the previous coaches.

I had Colerain guys telling me how loaded La Salle was when Moore took over. The AD told me they wanted to take that next step up which in retrospect certainly happened with two outright GCLS titles and four state titles. He wanted me to compare Grippa with the previous coaches.

Yes, La Salle was loaded when Moore took over. That's not up for debate. And yes, they took a giant step forward. I also believe the program took a step forward under Grippa for a while, certainly from the McQuaide debacle.

Can you point to the part in the article that talks about Jackson’s QB is a transfer, McKinley’s star linebacker and receiver are transfers. Ask Mackinbiner how Kyle Kempt was a transfer at Massillon but his brother was a homegrown baseball player at Jackson when they moved here from Oregon. Also check into the 2 stud players that magically ended up at Hoover when their high school coach got a job there.
I never said the Kempt kid at Jackson was "homegrown." That's not true.

And are you talking about the Hoover here in Ohio or do you have it mixed up again with the one in Alabama? :giggle:

And you complain about other people deflecting? Open your eyes azzhat, you have successfully caused the entire state to dislike your town/program. That's a real shame because your football team is usually pretty good. But hey, you can belly bump your brother/cousin/uncle/father or whatever you call each other and think that's pretty cool.
Maybe next time we'll put our freshmen in....maybe then you'll score. Lol.

I must say, I admire the class and restraint shown by the LaSalle community by not bringing up how sweet the victory was because it came against Moore. After professing his love and allegiance, he left them for "greener" pastures. Watching him stand befuddled while his team was whacked in the second half had to be particularly satisfying.
Maybe someday you'll have that feeling of standing there knowing your team just beat Massillon.

I never said the Kempt kid at Jackson was "homegrown." That's not true.

And are you talking about the Hoover here in Ohio or do you have it mixed up again with the one in Alabama? :giggle:
There are many "Jacksons" throughout the state and nation, but trust me....I don't have the crime at Jackson mixed up with any other in the nation. You finally stand apart from all others.

Unfortunately, when this topic is brought up, some people (i.e.: trolls) will blame and mischaracterize the problem, so they can deflect attention from the fault they have. The truth will always win out. The harder people attack the messenger, changes NO FACTS, it only defines the people doing it!

We are at gridlock over this topic. How long will Yappi allowing the "SAME" arguments to be repeated, and the "SAME" trolls to bait it?!

Does Yappi allow this topic, that has exhausted all the arguments, on the topic and now is controlled by trolls baiting the same lies, to continue because of it's activity only?

Does Yappi hate Massillon and HOPE if he allows the trolls to go on indefinitely, ignoring the facts, that they will appear to have won?

Is this board for constructive discussion or to be controlled by trolls, who are allowed to base their position, on their personal attacks, that could be classified as telecommunications harassment?!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, when this topic is brought up, some people (i.e.: trolls) will blame and mischaracterize the problem, so they can deflect attention from the fault they have. The truth will always win out. The harder people attack the messenger, changes NO FACTS, it only defines the people doing it!

We are at gridlock over this topic. How long will Yappi allowing the "SAME" arguments to be repeated, and the "SAME" trolls to bait it?!

Please stick to the topic:

State Championship game thread:

LaSalle 34 (4-0 all time in championship games)
Massillon 17 (0-5 all time in championship games)

And you complain about other people deflecting? Open your eyes azzhat, you have successfully caused the entire state to dislike your town/program. That's a real shame because your football team is usually pretty good. But hey, you can belly bump your brother/cousin/uncle/father or whatever you call each other and think that's pretty cool.
For you to criticize me/us repeatedly and consistently give the trolls a pass shows what a twit you are. Ever notice WHERE all of the "conversation" takes place?

He's a moron.
If tiger paw and heff had as much intelligence as they do audacity they may have been able to make something of themselves other than being village idiots. They are just like the democrats. If you say it enough times somebody is bound to believe you. Problem is nobody outside of Massillon is buying their crap. Tickle, you have no right to call anyone a moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.