Division II - Region 8 Championship: La Salle (10-2) vs. Harrison (11-1)

Who wins?

• La Salle by 15+

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • La Salle by 8-14

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • La Salle by 1-7

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Harrison by 1-7

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Harrison by 8-14

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Harrison by 15+

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, think you might have forgotten a team by the name of Winton Woods. Still wondering how the Harbin system eliminates a team with as much talent as WW even though they lost 3 games to powerhouse teams. Obviously, the system did NOT work in terms of giving the "best" teams the opportunity to compete in the State play-offs.
If you want to discuss Winton Woods not making the playoffs go here. http://yappi.com/forum/index.php?threads/this-blows.327582/ This thread is about the R8 final between La Salle and Harrison. Winton Woods didn't make it this game. End of story.

Ah, think you might have forgotten a team by the name of Winton Woods. Still wondering how the Harbin system eliminates a team with as much talent as WW even though they lost 3 games to powerhouse teams. Obviously, the system did NOT work in terms of giving the "best" teams the opportunity to compete in the State play-offs.
LS scored 21 in that game. Covington Catholic held them to 7. Pretty sure that's what he means. Winton Woods didn't completely shut down the O.

If you want to discuss Winton Woods not making the playoffs go here. http://yappi.com/forum/index.php?threads/this-blows.327582/ This thread is about the R8 final between La Salle and Harrison. Winton Woods didn't make it this game. End of story.
Wasn't attempting to hijack this thread. I do realize this is about Harrison and LaSalle - Dah! I was just responding to the post that stated "no one other than Cov Cath stopped them (LaSalle). Just offering info towards the debate. Personally I believe Harrison can give LaSalle a very good game, particularly with their QB and WRs. Yes, no doubt LaSalle has some very good athletes in their defensive backfield. On the other hand I don't believe they have faced a QB (Kinnet) and set of WRs (Tidwell) - along with a pretty good RB who rushes well and catches out of the backfield - as Harrison has. The big question is how Harrison's D stands up to LaSalle's offense? The one area I suggest LaSalle has the edge on is their size in the trenches. I would also suggest that's typical among the GCL teams (and many of the proven Catholic football teams such as St. Eds, St Ignatious, Hoban etc.). They usually have the advantage in terms of size and athleticism on the lines. Public schools often have some very gifted "skill" players who can easily compete with the private schools. In many cases these public school "skill" players are much more athletic and gifted. IMHO the great advantage among the more proven private schools is where it often matters most - size in the trenches. One can make an average-to decent-RB/QB a "statistical" stud if they have 6'2"-6'5", 270-300lb linemen in front paving the way. Harrison's weakness may be in that area as they don't have that type of size - either on the offensive or on the defensive lines. They certainly attempt to make up for their lack of size by employing quickness, but I don't believe they've played a team with as much overall sizeas LaSalle has on the lines. Skill-wise, Harrison does indeed have the offensive skill "horses." Here's hoping for a great game for the boys on both teams!

I'm gonna go ahead and say LaSalle has DEFINITELY faced similar QB/WR talent in the Elder and StX games, and in fact much deeper receiving corps (St X had 2 1st team SWO WRs) if nothing else.

Harrison does have the offensive fire power to make this close. The biggest difference is the size. PT is correct on that. Lasalle's lines are bigger. But also Harrison does not make mental mistakes. Drop balls and turnovers that killed LM will have to be forced by Lasalle. Harrison's routes are very precise and well timed. Harrison hasnt seen a team like this. But Harrison does have the horses to kill a giant. It could be a very good game.

Harrison has an explosive offense, a bunch of hard-nosed, tough-as-nails defenders, and they will not be afraid of La Salle tonight. They have been looking forward to this game all year - a chance to shock the world and slay Goliath. They will play with grit, passion, poise, execution, and at the end of the day, when the dust settles, they will lose this game by three touchdowns.

Harrison has an explosive offense, a bunch of hard-nosed, tough-as-nails defenders, and they will not be afraid of La Salle tonight. They have been looking forward to this game all year - a chance to shock the world and slay Goliath. They will play with grit, passion, poise, execution, and at the end of the day, when the dust settles, they will lose this game by three touchdowns.

Great post. I literally thought you were a Harrison apologist and then you smacked me with the last line. However if that was the betting line I would bet big as this game will be closer that 3 TDs. I am thinking a 38-35 or 41-31 type of game

LaSalle will prevail by 10-14 points based on their excellent secondary. I am not nearly as impressed with their interior line play, especially as the game wears on ( see St.X and WW games).

Lasalle hasnt played 4 quarters in 3 weeks. they have yet to play a team into the second half in the playoffs. And btw who cares about 2014 and 2017?

I want some of what you are smokin' then. 21 points minimum......
You are basically saying Harrison is better than X and Elder too. Would never happen in a million years

No not saying that at all. And I dont think your making since. All I have said is the game will be close. X and Elder were close to or did you not pay attention?

well the reason they didn’t play four quarters in the past two weeks is because they could’ve put up 60 against Little Miami in the first half and would’ve put up fifty last week. It wasn’t like they just shut down and didn’t play at all they still threw the second string guys out there and they still competed well. If the second string played the whole game against little Miami the game would’ve been very close and most of those guys were sophomores.

No not saying that at all. And I dont think your making since. All I have said is the game will be close. X and Elder were close to or did you not pay attention?
You're the same guy who said Little Miami had a shot too correct? 35-0 in the 1st qtr......and then Little Miami was visibly defeated.

Yes those games were close but X and Elder are very good opponents and they were GCL games. Those games are always close and the quality of the opponent is better than Harrison. Not taking anything away from Harrison but those games are a lot more competitive than games like Lasalle and Harrison usually are, and I hope Harrison proves me wrong tonight by keeping it close.

You're the same guy who said Little Miami had a shot too correct? 35-0 in the 1st qtr......and then Little Miami was visibly defeated.

LM had a shot at keeping it close. But it was the worst situation happened. 3 turn overs in the first quarter. Then add the coldest night I can remember and a home game in a very difficult place to play. LM played the worst game of the year that night. That wasnt the same LM team from the week prior. But back onto current events...

This game should be close, and as long as Harrison doesn't turn it over they have a shot.

How does anyone know if X or Elder are better than us? You're just assuming that they are. After all, they're GCL teams. We're just a community high school so we can't possibly be better than those teams. The thing is, we're pretty good too. We might not be loaded with D1 college prospects but we play great team football in all three phases of the game. I have no idea what will happen tonight but I know our guys will come to play and I would bet just about anything that this game will not be anything like your games in week 11 and 12.

So a guy from X, Elder, Moeller and Lasalle are on a plane its going down and there's only 1 parachute left. Who do you hope gets it?

And here's the kicker, whoever survives is the only male responsible for repopulating earth!!!!

How does anyone know if X or Elder are better than us? You're just assuming that they are. After all, they're GCL teams. We're just a community high school so we can't possibly be better than those teams. The thing is, we're pretty good too. We might not be loaded with D1 college prospects but we play great team football in all three phases of the game. I have no idea what will happen tonight but I know our guys will come to play and I would bet just about anything that this game will not be anything like your games in week 11 and 12.

Harrison this year was far superior to LM in all but 1 aspect. But Harrison was still better in that aspect. I have no idea about the team from Columbus that Lasalle played. My guess they were about the same as LM. Lasalle got an easy draw being the number 1 overall seed deserving so. But as Snowman sais no one really knows what will happen. But this will be different just seeing a team I like get there but kicked by both!

Keeping hanging on for a couple more hours.....the dream ends tonight. I fully expect a post tonight about LaSalle's unfair advantages tonight too.

So you would be willing to give me 21 points? Say we wager an adult beverage and an order of wings? I mean you did put up 35 on LM in the first half. So 21 points shouldnt be any cause for concern.

It was 35 in the first quarter and 42 two minutes into the second quarter. Not that it has anything to do with tonight, but LS could have hung 50+ in that first half if they wanted to.

It was 35 in the first quarter and 42 two minutes into the second quarter. Not that it has anything to do with tonight, but LS could have hung 50+ in that first half if they wanted to.

And honestly should have. LM did spot them 3 tds off of turnovers. LM went into that game with the attitude that they had no chance.

Trust me... elder and X are better than Harrison. The competition they play and who they have beaten are really good teams. If Harrison played X or Elder they would beat them 99 out of 100 times most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.