Division II - Region 8 Championship: La Salle (10-2) vs. Harrison (11-1)

Who wins?

• La Salle by 15+

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • La Salle by 8-14

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • La Salle by 1-7

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Harrison by 1-7

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Harrison by 8-14

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Harrison by 15+

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to see how I feel about this bull$hit, take a look at the other thread. Otherwise, good luck running up the score on us. I don't like your chances of that. Also, what exactly does it mean to "put Harrison in it's place"?
The guy who started that thread is an ex LS employee who always stirs up crap. He probably made the whole thing up. Back to the game. Lots of these kids have competed and played together in other sports for a long time. I think there is a lot of respect for the kids and the communities on both sides. Harrison is really good and expect a good game. LS is probably more athletic with more team speed but Harrison can sure sling it around. If the QB has time to throw the ball the Harrison receivers seem to get open. I don't think he will rattle off the 10 yard runs like has either against other teams. Harrison has nothing to lose and being the underdog can be an advantage.

If you want to see how I feel about this bull$hit, take a look at the other thread. Otherwise, good luck running up the score on us. I don't like your chances of that. Also, what exactly does it mean to "put Harrison in it's place"?
You have been squawking all year long about their prolific pass offense and how good your QB is and how LS won't be able to stop it.....well now the time has come to play the Lancers. I sincerely hope that Harrison can keep it close otherwise I feel like we won't see you on here until next year unless it's to complain about LaSalle's unfair advantages. The student section is trolling LS, and Harrison fan base is trolling LS fans with this stupid logo. I sincerely hope the football team is ready for the big stage because we all know that Columbus teams are weak.

You have been squawking all year long about their prolific pass offense and how good your QB is and how LS won't be able to stop it.....well now the time has come to play the Lancers. I sincerely hope that Harrison can keep it close otherwise I feel like we won't see you on here until next year unless it's to complain about LaSalle's unfair advantages. The student section is trolling LS, and Harrison fan base is trolling LS fans with this stupid logo. I sincerely hope the football team is ready for the big stage because we all know that Columbus teams are weak.
I'd like you to go back and quote some of my posts that include anything remotely resembling boasting or squawking. Same thing about where I boast about our QB. Same thing about how LS won't be able to stop us. Find ONE quote where I've said anything like that. I'll be waiting a VERY long time because what you said is a 100% lie. I don't talk about LS. I don't make score predictions. I never, ever boast about what we're going to do to another team. I NEVER, EVER insult our opponents, even after we beat them badly. Ask any of my fellow SWOC posters. I'll be waiting for those quotes but we both know you won't find any.

Fact is, our QB IS a great QB. Everyone knows that. Our offense is hard to stop and everyone knows that. Every team can be stopped though and every player can be stopped. I don't have any idea if LS can stop us or not. I don't know if we'll be able to stop them enough to win. The only prediction I will make is that LS will be in a battle. Trust me, this won't be like weeks 11 or 12 for your team.

If the QB has time to throw the ball the Harrison receivers seem to get open. I don't think he will rattle off the 10 yard runs like has either against other teams.

I wonder what kind of competition those receivers have gone up against. I'm not sure they've seen anything like Hargrove-Mundy, Jarmon, Johnson, et al. The QB will face some pressure, but if he can escape he may find success.

Harrison has nothing to lose and being the underdog can be an advantage.

Yes, they are scary for that reason.

I'd like you to go back and quote some of my posts that include anything remotely resembling boasting or squawking. Same thing about where I boast about our QB. Same thing about how LS won't be able to stop us. Find ONE quote where I've said anything like that. I'll be waiting a VERY long time because what you said is a 100% lie. I don't talk about LS. I don't make score predictions. I never, ever boast about what we're going to do to another team. I NEVER, EVER insult our opponents, even after we beat them badly. Ask any of my fellow SWOC posters. I'll be waiting for those quotes but we both know you won't find any.

Fact is, our QB IS a great QB. Everyone knows that. Our offense is hard to stop and everyone knows that. Every team can be stopped though and every player can be stopped. I don't have any idea if LS can stop us or not. I don't know if we'll be able to stop them enough to win. The only prediction I will make is that LS will be in a battle. Trust me, this won't be like weeks 11 or 12 for your team.
The "you" was the collective "you" of Harrison fans. I will choose my words better next time. As for the game, the only common opponent we have is......Little Miami. At the end of the 1st qtr, Harrison led LM 15-7 and LS led 35-0. Then the LS 2nd string came in and held LM scoreless the rest of the game. Your argument is that the Harrison offense can keep up with that?

I'm fairly confident in saying Harrison hasn't seen a secondary as fast or as athletic as LaSalle. Those wide open receivers they have thrown to all year may not be as open on Friday night and the LaSalle pressure will force the QB to move. Is he mobile? I think at the end of the game when the clock reads 0:00, the score will read something like 35-14, a LaSalle victory.

At the end of the 1st qtr, Harrison led LM 15-7 and LS led 35-0.

I HATE the transitive property, but this is actually something to consider. La Salle led 42-0 with more than 9 minutes remaining in the first half and could have scored at least twice more before halftime with their feet on the gas. I actually thought Walnut Ridge was much better than LM.

But again, matchups are different, so who knows what it means?

I only care about what kind of corn it is. I married a woman from Honduras and they only eat white corn not yellow corn. So if the winner gets to carry home corn, make sure it's white corn. Harrison can have the yellow corn if they win. I'm going to drive out to Harrison and see what color the corn is in the corn fields surrounding the high school. Will the parking lot be big enough to handle the Lancer Nation crowd or will we have to park in the corn fields?

Hey city boy, the corn was harvested long ago so you'll have to settle for store bought corn now IF you win which is a very big IF :)

The "you" was the collective "you" of Harrison fans. I will choose my words better next time. As for the game, the only common opponent we have is......Little Miami. At the end of the 1st qtr, Harrison led LM 15-7 and LS led 35-0. Then the LS 2nd string came in and held LM scoreless the rest of the game. Your argument is that the Harrison offense can keep up with that?
That's interesting because I'm pretty close to things out here and I've never heard one person even talk about your team this year let alone talking about how they can't beat us. Maybe you're reading what HS kids are saying to each other online and it would be a real shame if you consider HS kids Harrison "fans". By the way, what is so wrong with us thinking we can beat you and saying it? Fact is we DO think we can beat you. I have no idea if we'll beat you or not and neither do you. It seems you're offended by the fact that we think we have a really good team out here and are capable of beating you. I simply don't see what's wrong with that at all.

Also, for those of you who think that Connor has been throwing to wide open receivers all year........take a look at some of the many videos of him online. He routinely completes passes to receivers in traffic and puts the ball exactly where it needs to be. One more thing, did you ever consider for just a moment that we might have some really good players that YOU might have a hard time stopping? I also don't give a rats about score comparisons. We beat Edgewood by 18 and Mt Healthy beat them by more than that. I guess that means that Mt Healthy is better than us.......except for the fact that we beat Mt Healthy by 29 points and called off the dogs. This game is all about match ups, not score comparisons.

What should we call this game? , THE CORN BOWL since the game takes place in the corn fields surrounding Harrison or THE LAST CRUSADE since the Catholics will be battling the Protestants.

What are you talking about? The game takes place at Lakota West in the Xburbs.

This past Friday i went to Nordonia HS and watched Hoban play Mayfield.
Hoban had to throw a TD on 4th down with a minute to go to win.
Harrison and Mayfield have some common characteristics in their style of play.
I can't help making comparisons from what i have seen this season.

I suspect that if Harrison keeps that Lancer QB from running at will and moving the chains, this will also be a fairly close game.
We will see but LaSalle can be beat in this game.
It can go either way with an edge to LaSalle.

In the last two games that Harrison played they had one great rusher to stop and they did a great job at that. La Salle has rushed for 2,144 yards but theirs is not one great back but a three headed monster in Branam, Porter, and Payne. That is the difference between what Harrison has faced in its last two games and the challenge it faces Friday night.

LaSalle will have a running clock by end the 3rd quarter, if not sooner. Talent gap is wide, LaSalle has played much better competition this season and has done very well.

In the last two games that Harrison played they had one great rusher to stop and they did a great job at that. La Salle has rushed for 2,144 yards but theirs is not one great back but a three headed monster in Branam, Porter, and Payne. That is the difference between what Harrison has faced in its last two games and the challenge it faces Friday night.

Harrison's defense is equipped to stop several different types of backs. They were able to limit Reder who was one of the best running qbs in cincy. I think this game will come down to Harrisons offense vs Lasalles defense. Harrison hasnt seen DB's like these before. But Harrisons receivers are very good. They are light years above LM's. Harrison receivers do not drop the ball and the o-line is solid. And its not like they have never blocked Blevins before. It will be a good game and close.

I guess it's a good thing there is only one football to be carried and not three of them. We still only have to stop one guy at a time. This game will be won in the line play. If Connor has time to pass the ball, we have a good chance to pull off the upset. If not, our chances are very slim. LIkewise, if we can stop your running game like we have with everyone else, we have a good chance to win. If you run wild on us, our chances are very slim. I believe the offensive and defensive lines for both teams will unbelievably important in determining the winner of this game.

One other thing, we're a great second half team. We've been very dominant in the second half the entire year, outscoring our opponents 184-34. That's pretty impressive considering that in the second half of most of our games we had JV guys playing alot and we were just trying to run out the clock in many of those games. If we can get off to a good start in this game it gives us a great chance to make LS nervous and then try to win the game in the second half.

Both teams had starting DB’s get injured last week during garbage time of their games. Sounds like the LaSalle players is more a nagging injury and Harrison’s injury was more severe. Will they be back? Truly hope the best for both players with the RB from Colerain included. Come Title time I always root for the local team, these players will certainly be needed.

I guess it's a good thing there is only one football to be carried and not three of them.

That's true, but Branham does a tremendous job disguising exactly who has it. I think Payne almost has to be the best back Harrison has faced with Cam likely No. 2. I'm really hoping for a solid run game with some D. Smith/J. Seibert TD passes mixed in.

I've seen several games from both teams. The speed of LaSalle is going to be the difference. Harrison is very solid and discipline but the speed of play between the two teams is very noticeable. Harrison will struggle with short pass screens that they live on. Harrison advantage is that LaSalle is a terrible second half team and if Harrison can keep it close in first half they may be able to make it interesting. Harrison is Senior heavy as they only graduated maybe six starters from last year so look for a ton of passion from the Harrison Senior class. Its LaSalle's game to lose but they better not flinch.

Having watched a number of La Salle games, and one Harrison game, and looked over the team trends from this season, I'd guess the following:

La Salle will be ahead at halftime.
The team that loses will have scored the most points in any of their losses this season.

Rooting for La Salle as I gather my fellow St John's alumni for this game, both La Salle and Harrison grads alike.

So you don't believe Harrison will be bringing sacks of corn to unload in the parking lot so they feel like this game is at Harrison.

Ironically, Lakota West is built on a cornfield many previous Lakota grads (from the single LHS days) had to drive past to get to school each morning. Throw in a couple goats and sheep and it will be like they never left.

Geez you guys at LaSalle think you live in a big city. Good luck to Harrison . Its a shame that Harrison wasn't blessed by the Pope unlike LaSalle

Are you suggesting I rent a farm vehicle from Harrison to bring some goats and sheep to unload in the parking lot
I know you are just having fun... but aren’t you making fun of the kids that go to Harrison high school and the big percentage of kids that go to la Salle from Harrison? But then again it would be tough to find an area you could do that to and not call out because your so good at open enrollment

Having watched a number of La Salle games, and one Harrison game, and looked over the team trends from this season, I'd guess the following:

La Salle will be ahead at halftime.
The team that loses will have scored the most points in any of their losses this season.

Rooting for La Salle as I gather my fellow St John's alumni for this game, both La Salle and Harrison grads alike.
I'm a St. Ignatius Wildcat grad who coached the St. James Panthers. Can we have an all cats reunion at West?

I know you are just having fun... but aren’t you making fun of the kids that go to Harrison high school and the big percentage of kids that go to la Salle from Harrison? But then again it would be tough to find an area you could do that to and not call out because your so good at open enrollment

Owlnation, you are more familiar with both schools than anyone I know. You know how both Harrison and La Salle were at one time and where they are now. You and I can both admit the unfair advantage La Salle enjoys over Harrison comparing the athletes from both schools. All the name calling about Harrison being a tomato can, goat hereders, sheep herders and so on originated from a Columbus poster who calls himself KramericaIndustries. I'll admit I was just having fun with the guy's names, but since I may have offended Harrison people, especially their football players, I am deleting all my reference to tomato cans, sheep and goat herders, etc. I offer my apologies to anyone who was offended by my posts.

Do I think Harrison will win? Probable not because of the disparity in talent.
Do I think Harrison can win? Absolutely!

Owlnation, upsets occur at all levels of sports. The best example I'm sure you'll remember is the 1994 State track meet where Bedford was a prohibitive favorite but because they underachieved in the throws and screwed up their relays, they lost to La Salle who got solid peformances from their players and were there to pick up the pieces when Bedford had such an uncharacteristic all around poor performance.

Harrison just has to play their game and hope that La Salle has an off day.

Last edited:
Also, just for the record, East Central, IN lost a 4A (not 5A or 6A) sectional final game, and the team that beat them lost the next week in the regionals.

Status
Not open for further replies.