Division II - Region 8 Championship: La Salle (10-2) vs. Harrison (11-1)

Who wins?

• La Salle by 15+

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • La Salle by 8-14

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • La Salle by 1-7

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Harrison by 1-7

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Harrison by 8-14

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Harrison by 15+

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Owlnation, you are more familiar with both schools than anyone I know. You know how both Harrison and La Salle were at one time and where they are now. You and I can both admit the unfair advantage La Salle enjoys over Harrison and the athletes from both schools. All the name calling about Harrison being a tomato can, goat hereders, sheep herders and so on originated from a Columbus guy who calls himself KramericaIndustries. I'll admit I was just playing with the guy's names, but since I may have offended Harrison people, especially their football players, I am deleting all my reference to tomato cans, sheep and goat herders, etc.

Who cares about snowflakes? If you can't have fun this time of year, then what's the point.

The winner of this one faces the Toledo Central Catholic (12-0) vs. Olentangy (7-5) winner in the state semifinals on November 29th.

In the last two games that Harrison played they had one great rusher to stop and they did a great job at that. La Salle has rushed for 2,144 yards but theirs is not one great back but a three headed monster in Branam, Porter, and Payne. That is the difference between what Harrison has faced in its last two games and the challenge it faces Friday night.
Agree and this part concerns me the most in having to defend the RB and the QB pulling and keeping the ball. It’s been easy to defend the one stud, but LaSalle has many options. The Region runs through LaSalle until someone proves otherwise. I’m hoping my Wildcats pull the upset ;-). Either way, I’ll be rooting for the R8 winner to win it all.

There are those who believe the DII state final is at the Region 5 game this weekend where Massillon meets Hoban.

What’s its going to come down to is if Harrison can move the ball and score. If they can’t this game will not be close. Lasalle can move the ball well and score quick and often. If Harrison can keep up offensively and score it will be close. This will most definitely be the biggest test Harrison will be facing all year and if they can keep up with the play makers on Lasalle, such as Gi’bran, Cam, Brahman, Devonta, I mean the list just goes on and on and nobody besides Covington catholic has stopped them this year and I just don’t see Harrison being able to do that.

Well huh. I had just checked that page. Can't believe it wasn't tweeted/publicized more.

Very well then, Olentangy will look forward to seeing LaSalle again in the semis! You don't have any Larkins on your team this time right?

Well huh. I had just checked that page. Can't believe it wasn't tweeted/publicized more.

Very well then, Olentangy will look forward to seeing LaSalle again in the semis! You don't have any Larkins on your team this time right?

La Salle has to get past Harrison first.

And while nobody with the name Larkin is on the team, our team has a potential Larkin 2.0 in sophomore GiBran Payne. Best player on the field any time he's out there.

La Salle has to get past Harrison first.

And while nobody with the name Larkin is on the team, our team has a potential Larkin 2.0 in sophomore GiBran Payne. Best player on the field any time he's out there.
Exactly, him and cam on the field at the same time also with other playmakers, I just don’t see Harrison being able to guard it all.

Olentangy just took out one undefeated team last Friday in 'Whitehouse Anthony Wayne, so why not another in TCC. Olentangy is no tomato can.

Just when I thought the R8 winner would be playing the R7 winner at Sidney, Olentangy comes along to spoil the party. If they win R7, the game will probably not be at either Sidney or Piqua but at somewhere which more closely splits the distance between Columbus and Cincinnati since both R8 finalists are from metro Cincinnati.

No Larkins but theres a sophomore looking eerily similar to him and one that looks to be an even bigger prospect. He may never get the numbers Jeremy had but I'm willing to bet he ends up with Ohio State/multiple SEC offers.

Wonder if they would play at that Miami Trace place again? What were the reports from last week like?
Miami Trace has great facilities. They have a brand new field, concessions and restrooms on both sides, good parking, and it's out away from town so there is no traffic near the high school. I really enjoyed going to the game there last week and I would love for us to have the opportunity to play there again next week.

No Larkins but theres a sophomore looking eerily similar to him and one that looks to be an even bigger prospect. He may never get the numbers Jeremy had but I'm willing to bet he ends up with Ohio State/multiple SEC offers.
Rumor out of la Salle is Payne was recasted to a cast above the elbow and is Out for tomorrow’s game. Any truth to that?

What’s its going to come down to is if Harrison can move the ball and score. If they can’t this game will not be close. Lasalle can move the ball well and score quick and often. If Harrison can keep up offensively and score it will be close. This will most definitely be the biggest test Harrison will be facing all year and if they can keep up with the play makers on Lasalle, such as Gi’bran, Cam, Brahman, Devonta, I mean the list just goes on and on and nobody besides Covington catholic has stopped them this year and I just don’t see Harrison being able to do that.
Ah, think you might have forgotten a team by the name of Winton Woods. Still wondering how the Harbin system eliminates a team with as much talent as WW even though they lost 3 games to powerhouse teams. Obviously, the system did NOT work in terms of giving the "best" teams the opportunity to compete in the State play-offs.

Status
Not open for further replies.