Week 2: Elder vs Indianapolis Cathedral

I am glad you got the joke. I hope Cathedrals sports complex comes to life.

I was referencing the Cleveland Catholics in relation to them usually playing one of the Cincy Catholics. A few years ago I did a spread sheet for the Cleveland, Cincy, and Louisville schools to form a "super" conference for football only and found that the Cincy teams would still average over a 100 mile trip for road games. Louisville St X to Iggy and Eds is 350 and 347. So those numbers just get too big for yearly. The Cleveland teams would go up to over 200 average road trip.

Adding Cathedral wouldn't add near the mileage. I just picked Southport and Franklin Central because those were the two nicest looking "big" stadiums on the southeast side of Indy with a google search. St. Eds sort of has the same deal Cathedral has and half the time we go up there, we seem like we are playing on the Cleveland NE side. I think the last 5 trips to Cleveland to play Eds we have been in 5 different stadiums. So I was trying to avoid a game at Brownsburg, or Ben Davis. I would be fine playing at Speedway High, just because it is near one of my happy places.

My bosses daughters went to Cathedral. He always tells me how the locations of the games always changes. I am no expert, and I can think of Cathedral playing at Broad Ripple, Marian, Lucas Oil, University of Indy, and Butler. So getting a true home stadium would be nice for them.

Anyway give yourself plenty of extra travel time, I think they have some construction on 74.

Cathedral has held home games at: Arlington H.S, Broad Ripple H.S, Butler (College), Arsenal Tech H.S, Lawrence Central, Lawrence North, North Central, University of Indianapolis, Marian College, Lucas Oil, Hoosier Dome, Southport. They use to have a home field when the school was located downtown Indianapolis called the CYO field.

Does Elder have any live broadcast of the game? I would like to pass it on to my Father whom can't make the trip to Cincinnati buut would love to watch the game. If not he will likely listen to the Cathedral broadcast.

Cathedral has held home games at: Arlington H.S, Broad Ripple H.S, Butler (College), Arsenal Tech H.S, Lawrence Central, Lawrence North, North Central, University of Indianapolis, Marian College, Lucas Oil, Hoosier Dome, Southport. They use to have a home field when the school was located downtown Indianapolis called the CYO field.

Does Elder have any live broadcast of the game? I would like to pass it on to my Father whom can't make the trip to Cincinnati buut would love to watch the game. If not he will likely listen to the Cathedral broadcast.
Yes they do. They actually do a webcast with the radio call hooked up to it. If he is computer friendly, he can click on ehsports.com . The link comes up about 6:30. If he is not he can go to https://sacredheartradio.com/ and listen online. They are homers for Elder, but as I said earlier most HS radio teams are and should be. My dad usually does this, but he is making his return to The Pit tonight after some years of bad health.

For some reason between play Cathedral and Chartard I have only been to Broad Ripple, Marian, and Lawrence North in my four trips to Indy. Both Chatard and Cathedral used Broad Ripple when they played us about a decade ago.

Yes they do. They actually do a webcast with the radio call hooked up to it. If he is computer friendly, he can click on ehsports.com . The link comes up about 6:30. If he is not he can go to https://sacredheartradio.com/ and listen online. They are homers for Elder, but as I said earlier most HS radio teams are and should be. My dad usually does this, but he is making his return to The Pit tonight after some years of bad health.

For some reason between play Cathedral and Chartard I have only been to Broad Ripple, Marian, and Lawrence North in my four trips to Indy. Both Chatard and Cathedral used Broad Ripple when they played us about a decade ago.

Broad Ripple is basically right across the street from Bishop Chatard. Arlington is a couple blocks away from Cathedral. Cathedral and Bishop Chatard are about 3 miles from each other and a big rivalry. Cathedral and Roncalli have a rivalry too, but sadly the series has ended between the 2 schools.
My absolute favorite stadium to watch Cathedral play a home game from is Arsenal Tech, it is a older stadium but beautiful for football games. After the Super Bowl was held in Indianapolis the NFL put in the field turf at Arsenal Tech. They built a turf field at University of Indianapolis for the NFC team to practice and it was suppose to go to Arsenal Tech. That fell through and the turf field at U of I stayed there, so the NFL installed a turf field at Arsenal Tech holding to their end. North Central is also a great place to watch a game!

My father does have an Ipad I will pass on the ehsports.com website to him. He will likely watch from there, and my guess is he will listen to the Cathedral broadcast because he loves listening to them talk about the history.

Indianapolis Cathedral (2-0) at Elder (1-0)
Kickoff: 7 p.m. Friday at Elder
Cathedral forced eight turnovers in a shutout victory over Moeller in Week 2. Elder's offense, however, looked nearly unstoppable against Gahanna Lincoln in Week 1, racking up nearly 500 total yards with senior QB Matthew Luebbe running for 241 and a pair of scores. Elder is 9-3 at The Pit over the last three seasons.
Picks: Elder (Feliciano, Springer, Weber, Dermer, Harrison)

Broad Ripple is basically right across the street from Bishop Chatard. Arlington is a couple blocks away from Cathedral. Cathedral and Bishop Chatard are about 3 miles from each other and a big rivalry. Cathedral and Roncalli have a rivalry too, but sadly the series has ended between the 2 schools.
My absolute favorite stadium to watch Cathedral play a home game from is Arsenal Tech, it is a older stadium but beautiful for football games. After the Super Bowl was held in Indianapolis the NFL put in the field turf at Arsenal Tech. They built a turf field at University of Indianapolis for the NFC team to practice and it was suppose to go to Arsenal Tech. That fell through and the turf field at U of I stayed there, so the NFL installed a turf field at Arsenal Tech holding to their end. North Central is also a great place to watch a game!

My father does have an Ipad I will pass on the ehsports.com website to him. He will likely watch from there, and my guess is he will listen to the Cathedral broadcast because he loves listening to them talk about the history.

CHS Irish, I hope you and your fans and team have a safe trip and enjoy the experience at The Pit. Weather wise it should be a great night for high school football. All the best.

Elder’s Defense cannot let Cathedral get the edge, particularly Hall the RB. The DL has to find a way to get pressure on the QB as it was non existent last week. It may mean Smith and Larkins play the bulk of their snaps on Defense.

Elder’s Defense cannot let Cathedral get the edge, particularly Hall the RB. The DL has to find a way to get pressure on the QB as it was non existent last week. It may mean Smith and Larkins play the bulk of their snaps on Defense.

Tonight we will finally see how good this defense is. No one knows, not fans, not coaches, not players. It's a mystery. Elder scrimmaged a terrible Walnut Hills team, a below average Anderson team, and a below average Gahanna Lincoln team. Cathedral may not be great on offense, but they do have a good QB, a big offensive line, and a little speed at the skill positions. If Cathedral can slow down Elder a little and force a couple turnovers, it could spell trouble, because I think Cathedral is going to move the ball and put up at least 21-28. I hope I'm wrong and Elder shuts Cathedral offense down.

Indianapolis Cathedral (2-0) at Elder (1-0)
Kickoff: 7 p.m. Friday at Elder
Cathedral forced eight turnovers in a shutout victory over Moeller in Week 2. Elder's offense, however, looked nearly unstoppable against Gahanna Lincoln in Week 1, racking up nearly 500 total yards with senior QB Matthew Luebbe running for 241 and a pair of scores. Elder is 9-3 at The Pit over the last three seasons.
Picks: Elder (Feliciano, Springer, Weber, Dermer, Harrison)
I read the Indystar report and they picked Cathedral 22-20. I don't hold a lot of faith in any bres media.

Too many weapons on offense. Elder scores 40+

Bend but don't break defense - 42-20

This is a good barometer game. We will know more about Elder when it's done, whether it's close or if they win big. They've played no one so far to make a decent guess of what they could be.

I read the Indystar report and they picked Cathedral 22-20. I don't hold a lot of faith in any bres media.

Cathedral (2-0) at Cincinnati Elder (1-0): The Cathedral defense allowed just five first downs and 104 yards of total offense in a 28-0 win over Cincinnati Moeller. The Irish look to avenge last year’s 39-34 loss to Elder. Cathedral 22, Elder 20.

Tonight we will finally see how good this defense is. No one knows, not fans, not coaches, not players. It's a mystery. Elder scrimmaged a terrible Walnut Hills team, a below average Anderson team, and a below average Gahanna Lincoln team. Cathedral may not be great on offense, but they do have a good QB, a big offensive line, and a little speed at the skill positions. If Cathedral can slow down Elder a little and force a couple turnovers, it could spell trouble, because I think Cathedral is going to move the ball and put up at least 21-28. I hope I'm wrong and Elder shuts Cathedral offense down.
It’s cliched, but team usually make the biggest jump from week 1 to week 2. I hope the holes in the Defense last week were more related to mental errors, because those are correctable.

I think most people want a close game so they have something to complain about.
Maybe that's what you're hoping for, but the vast majority aren't hoping for it. Maybe expecting it, but not hoping.

Elder 42-28. They get enough stops in the 2nd half and wear down the Irish defense with the big OL.

Maybe that's what you're hoping for, but the vast majority aren't hoping for it. Maybe expecting it, but not hoping.

Elder 42-28. They get enough stops in the 2nd half and wear down the Irish defense with the big OL.

How about this, I EXPECT the mental mistakes to be corrected, but I’m still concerned some of the mistakes last week were not mental.

Kick off delayed as Cathedral’s bus is stuck in traffic. Tentative kickoff at 7:30

Back and forth game. Both offenses moved the ball. Elder got a huge score before half, up 21-14, also receive kick to start the 2nd half.

That was almost a 7 minute drive of perfection to win the game for Elder. Unfortunately they stalled at the 16 and had to settle for a FG. 31-31 headed to OT

I’m not so sure I agree with that final call. I thought Cathedral recovered that ball.

Man, I'd like to see a replay on that fumble. Thought Cathedral had it back.

Good game, though. Elder has a really nice offense.