Stark County Banter 2019 (2)

They don't need the Harbin Points, they already play in one of the strongest leagues in NE Ohio! They don't need to worry about gates, most Fed schools already draw well! If they wanted to play Massillon, they would have voted them into the Fed! By playing Massillon, you tacitly endorse their poaching of players from Fed schools, and we all know that most area schools just don't don't want to deal with the Massillon fans and the trouble that they bring! If it wasn't for poaching players, Massillon would be a 6 to 7 win team, their feeder programs are broken!
Can you prove any of your assertions? I bet the OHSAA would like some documentation on what you are alleging.
Not sure whe

I like how you just casually mention East St. Loius like they are a nobody.
I also like how you mention that there is "no reason" for the Fed to schedule them. Like there is a chance in H@#l that East St. Louis would even consider coming to a Fed stadium! Lol
I'd put my money on East St Louis over any team in the fed last year.

So, I guess you don't consider Massillon "desirable" because McKinley and GlenOak played them last year. Regardless, who has Massillon played lately that would be considered "desirable"?
Nice try, JAF. McKinley has no choice but to play Massillon. Glenoak is the only other Fed school willing to man up an play.

Not sure whe

I like how you just casually mention East St. Loius like they are a nobody.
I also like how you mention that there is "no reason" for the Fed to schedule them. Like there is a chance in H@#l that East St. Louis would even consider coming to a Fed stadium! Lol

Did your reading comprehension fail you? Where did I say that East St. Louis was bad or good, the bottom line is that the FED teams arent scrambling to fill schedules, so they have no need to play them. The whole premise of the point was that if the FED teams wont schedule good teams, as stated by the Massillon poster, then how can you say Massillon does schedules tough teams, when Fed teams for the most part play the teams from the Tigers schedule. I will give you that back in 2009, Massillon did play a demanding schedule, but times have changed!

And we're still waiting for who has Massillon played, you wont play Mentor, Iggy and Eds anymore because you got tired of losing
You wouldn't answer me last month, when has your school scheduled Mentor, Iggy, St. ED, Moeller, Elder, You casually say, "YOU won't play these teams....but when has your school scheduled them....SCHEDULED them, not "played" them...."SCHEDULED" them? I will patiently await your dodging of the question.

It's not that they don't play in other sports, it's the state of the Massillon program in these other off sports, it's pretty horrendous. It benefits Massillon to play the FED in off sports, if not they are forced to travel quite a distance for non revenue games, and it's usually a W for the FED team.

Going back to your ill founded attack on the FED not playing anyone OOC, again I ask who does Massillon play better than the FED teams? Your argument doesn't hold water, unless you concede Massillon plays a weak schedule, based on Tigers 2019 schedule: 1) STV (Fed has played them), 2) Harding (FED has played them), 3) Penn Traford (no reason for FED to schedule them), 4) Firestone (lost by 32 to FEDS worst team), 5) Fitch (Glenoak plays them, and Lake has played them recently), 6) Gateway (see#3 no reason to schedule), 7) Barberton (FED has not played them recently), 8) Louisville (FED plays them)....we can even extrapolate this out to 2018: 1) STV (see above), 2) Harding (see above), 3) Montclair (no reason for FED to schedule), 4) Firestone (see above), 5) Fitch (see above), 6) East St Louis (no reason for FED to schedule), 7) Sun Valley (no reason for FED to waste their time) 8) Louisville (see above).....This if the FED doesnt play anyone out of conference then you must really think the Tigers play a weak schedule!

Here are the OOC opponents for the Feds from 2019-2016 (most recent)

PERRY——2019-Central, Akron East, Naperville North, Ill, Louisville——2018-Royal Imperial, Can, W. Toronto Prep, Can, Central, Louisville——2017-Vandalia-Butler, Central, Parma Valley Forge, Walsh Jesuit——2016-Vandalia-Butler, Central, New Philly, Boardman

LAKE——2019-Ashland, Brush, Copley, Louisville——2018-Columbus West, Dover, Copley, Louisville——2017-Canal Fulton Northwest, Dover, Copley, Ashland——2016-Akron Garfield, Dover, Copley, Mt. Vernon

NORTH CANTON——2019-A. Buchtel, Louisville, Clev. John Adams, Ak. SVSM——2018-Brush, Louisville, Akron East, Columbus B. Hartley——2017-Brush, Louisville, Akron East, Columbus B. Hartley——2016-Brush, Louisville, Akron East, Dublin Jerome

MCKINLEY——2019-Warren Harding, Akron Buchtel, Euclid, MW.——2018-Warren Harding, Akron Buchtel, Woodson, DC, MW——2017-Warren Harding, Wayne, NJ, Hudson, MW——2016-Akron Hoban, Mansfield, Hudson, MW

GREEN——2019-Akron Firestone, Brecksville, Louisville, Central—-2018-Ashland, Painesville Riverside, Louisville, Medina Highland——2017-Ashland, Painesville Riverside, Orange, Medina Highland——2016-Stow, Howland, Clev. Collinwood, Akron Ellet

JACKSON——2019-2016-Akron East, Mayfield, Boardman, Central

GLENOAK——2019-South Bend John Adams, MW, Austintown Fitch, Ak.SVSM——2018-Toledo Whitmer, MW, Royal Imperial, Canada, A. SVSM,——2017-Toledo Whitmer, MW, St, Thomas More, Canada, St. Ignatius——2016-Woodside, Va., MW, Akron Buchtel, St. Ignatius

I'd put Barberton, Gateway, and Penn-Trafford > any top 3 in FL (taking Mck out of the equation). Certainly in a normal year, though the league does appear unusually strong this year. Certainly better than anyone they'd schedule voluntarily. Jmo. :)

All these cartwheels get dizzying. o_O Man up. Hell if CCC can play Perry and Jackson than ya'll can play Massillon we over-rated anyhow right?

And we're still waiting for who has Massillon played, you wont play Mentor, Iggy and Eds anymore because you got tired of losing
The Tigers are 3-2 vs St. Edward, 6-6 vs Mentor. The only losing record they have of the 3 you mentioned is against St. Ignatius. Try again son, that didn't work like you thought it would, lol.

Jackson beats a D3 perennial 5-5 team (recently they've been a 7-3 type of team).

Perry beats a d5 who actually hung with them for a over 3 qtrs. And out toughed them for 4.

Hoover beat a D3 team who is famous for making critical mistakes down the stretch to hurt themselves.

McKinley beat a D2 team who is on Massillons early schedule, a schedule my2 called weak.

Green beat a Firestone team who is on Massillons early schedule, a schedule my2 called weak.

And GlenOak is on Massillons early schedule, a schedule my 2 called weak.

My point, I wouldn't be getting too cocky just yet.
Hoover beat a traditionally solid program with a D1 RB coming off an 1800 yard season 38-7 with the 7 coming in the last 30 seconds against the JV. There were no late critical mistakes that handed Hoover the game.

And it always amuses me when people confuse division for quality. When Massillon beats say Stuebenville are they just some D3-4 team? Is St V just a D3 team?

So if McKinley beats you this year it really wont be impressive because you are just a D2 team...got it.

As for Perry being out toughed I believe their RB had nearly 300 years and 6 TDs...I'd say they were pretty tough.

East has loaded their roster in recent seasons (the reason they are a "7-3 type team" ) so it's not a bad win at this point. Firestone is a struggling program...so is Green and they took them behind the woodshed so it might be a sign of improvement.

My point, no one should be getting cocky after one week...we have no way of knowing the strength or weakness of the defeated opponents at this point. But no one should be getting cocky dismissing others either.

Last edited:
I am assuming that since you asked this question, you do not consider Mentor, Steubenville or East St. Louis as desirable opponents?

You wont play Mentor, you both had open dates this year, but Massillon wouldnt commit to playing the Cardinals! Steubenville was a D4 team when you played them, props to Steubenville for playing up, but doesn't this defy the Massillon logic on why they wont play EDS, Iggy, Moeller, and Mentor? Since Tiger logic is they have too big of enrollments, so therefore it makes no sense to play them! No matter what twisted logic that you use, we go back to the same premise, if the FED plays a weak OOC schedule this year, then Massillon's schedule in turn must be weak this year.

Massillon has scheduled every team you mentioned multiple times, Fed has not, ever. This year Barberton, and both PA teams are highly ranked. Fortunately the FL is up this year so 8-2 should qualify hopefully.

All a distraction from the premise that both sides should play each other but one likes to make excuses.

Thank you for taking a break from posting in/on a Massillon related thread....of course you are still talking about Massillon.

#wewerealwaysonyourmind

Those 2 don't even pretend to care about their team, region, or division. That's all a pipe dream. And w/ Mack, no indication he even likes hs football, lol. You'd never guess what month it was he stays mid-winter - soft, angry, locked in cold basement. Probably has one of those corkboards w/ clippings and post-it notes plastered all over it.

Ditto Starkcountylegend btw. Do you have an alma mater or team? Gee I remember having to ask M2M that many times also. :unsure:

If I am reading Tigerpaw correctly in above post about if Central plays Perry and Jackson... then

I agree - Federal League Teams should schedule Massillon every year - eventhough Massillon is not in Fed League!

Agree - This would be GREAT GATES for the schools!

As a Stark fan, Perry/Hoover yes. Jackson don't really care. Plus their halftime is excruciating. They wouldn't even play CCC till they grew 200 and Central dropped 3 divisions. NO WAY they do it. Still a glimmer Perry and/or Hoover would at some point. We had a very good thing going w/ Perry on several levels till KW squashed it, and god only knows how long he'll keep coaching.

You wont play Mentor, you both had open dates this year, but Massillon wouldnt commit to playing the Cardinals! Steubenville was a D4 team when you played them, props to Steubenville for playing up, but doesn't this defy the Massillon logic on why they wont play EDS, Iggy, Moeller, and Mentor? Since Tiger logic is they have too big of enrollments, so therefore it makes no sense to play them! No matter what twisted logic that you use, we go back to the same premise, if the FED plays a weak OOC schedule this year, then Massillon's schedule in turn must be weak this year.
Massillon played Mentor as recently as 2017. Can any Fed team say the same??

As a Stark fan, Perry/Hoover yes. Jackson don't really care. Plus their halftime is excruciating. They wouldn't even play CCC till they grew 200 and Central dropped 3 divisions. NO WAY they do it. Still a glimmer Perry and/or Hoover would at some point. We had a very good thing going w/ Perry on several levels till KW squashed it, and god only knows how long he'll keep coaching.

I agree again! - Jackson definitely accepted to play CC when we dropped 3 divisions - that is a fact - haha

Perry should play Massillon - EVERY YEAR!!!!

I have the Highest Respect for Perry football always - but they should play Massillon EVERY YEAR!

Agree again in your comment - that is what the Kids Want!

After further extended research...

McKinley and Massillon have like 4 kids each that tip the scales over 300lbs o_O - and Multiple kids over 245 lbs !

Pups and Tigers might be able to handle Panther Power after all - we shall see?? - we shall see??

Massillon has scheduled every team you mentioned multiple times, Fed has not, ever. This year Barberton, and both PA teams are highly ranked. Fortunately the FL is up this year so 8-2 should qualify hopefully.

All a distraction from the premise that both sides should play each other but one likes to make excuses.

Again, there is no reason for any of the FED teams to play Massillon, out of MCK, it has zero benefit to them! If Massillon becomes a member of the FED then they would have a reason to play them.

Again, there is no reason for any of the FED teams to play Massillon, out of MCK, it has zero benefit to them! If Massillon becomes a member of the FED then they would have a reason to play them.

Unless you are FL commissioner please speak for your own school. Which one is it?

Segwaying from our current never-ending, no solution topic, which team do you think will show the greatest improvement from week 1?

Good Question...

I think that McKinley will improve the most in game 2 - believe me they can run and are strong, but first game is always tough for any coach, especially for the Pups!

My Game of the week is...

GlenOak at Massillon - we will see what is what after this game?