Mariemont 14

CHCA 42
Carlisle 21

Preble Shawnee 7
Talawanda 41

Milton-Union 46
Miami East 15

Last edited:
Since no one is talking about Carlisle, I’ll chime in. Tonight was actually a success imo. Carlisle got the ball first and drove down the field and came up short on a 34 yard field goal. CHCA was a pretty fast team and I was impressed with their shifty QB. CHCA couldn’t stop Carlisle’s running game for the most part. It was very slow paced and Carlisle didn’t seem to be in any hurry running plays. It was a very in your face running attack. My guess would be over 250 yards or more rushing for the entire game. CHCA had a kick return for a TD after Carlisle made it 14-7 with 30 seconds to go before halftime. Overall, the defense needs a lot of work and the offense will only get better. A missed field goal and a kick off return cost them big time. Regardless of that, first game for the new coach and hopefully things will be looking up. I can see 4 wins at best this year. That’s a big improvement and we will hope for the best next year.

So, Northridge over Bethel is surprise of the weekend? I know the Ridge was respectable last year, but I would think Bethel could field enough athletes to not be shutout.

Northridge looked very fast and athletic. Bethel looked out manned.
Carlisle will be fine this year. Waynesville had a big win. Madison looks like they came back to earth.
MU, Waynesville and Northridge are the front runners. Don’t overlook Northridge.

Rankings based on tonight’s performances SW side
1. Franklin (1-0)
2. Valley View (1-0)
3. Bellbrook (1-0)
4. Brookville (1-0)
5. Oakwood (0-1)
6. Eaton (0-1)
7. Monroe (0-1)

Milton-Union 46, Miami East 15: A.J. Lovin set a Milton-Union single-game record for points. Lovin ran in four scores, caught two more, had two successful two-point conversions and kicked an extra point.
6 td’s, two 2-point conversions and kicked a PAT. 39 points vs Miami East.

Buckeye standings after 1:
Dixie 1-0
Milton-Union 1-0
Northridge 1-0
Waynesville 1-0
Madison 0-1
Carlisle 0-1
Shawnee 0-1

SWBL had a good night. 8-6 overall.

Last edited:
Bellbrook only 14-2 winners over Bethel Tate?
Not a strong performance by the Eagles. The game was delayed over 1 hour due to heavy rain and lighting. Playing conditions on the natural turf were very sloppy. B-T played hard and competed well. Bellbrook missed on several opportunities inside the red zone. The Eagles have a lot of work do if they want to win another league title.

Game stats

Attachments

• E92B2A88-6C6C-46DE-B427-1017390C4502.png
    E92B2A88-6C6C-46DE-B427-1017390C4502.png
    406.4 KB · Views: 28
Carlisle will be ok this year. Northridge could be the dark horse in 2019. They destroyed Bethel.
MU, Waynesville and Madison seem to be leaders MU has a rigorous schedule. East, Oakwood, Madison, Waynesville are all away.
I'm hoping for a 9-1, 8-2 season.
Who do you think Carlisle beats this year?

Last edited:
Oakwood
Preble
Dixie
And Madison. I think Madison is back to reality. Stop Carlisle’s running game and you win. I was honestly surprised at how well they ran the ball. We have little to no passing game. Reminds me of Clinton-Massie. You might get a few passes here and there.

Quite frankly, unless Carlisle builds a new stadium, I don’t see the numbers going up. The new school will be done next year and it’s built next to our sorry stadium.

Milton is in the process of upgrading. New sound, scoreboard and eventually turf. Takes money and Carlisle and W Milton aren’t rich towns. Madison is still a challenge.
MU will pass more than anything. Great passing game this year. Miami East ran fairly well against us. They are a run first offense.
I think Waynesville and MU should be for the title. Northridge is talented. Carlisle might surprise everyone.

Milton will be a playoff team this year from what I see. Waynesville is much improved and will continue to get better. Northridge is fast but sloppy. Carlisle will only surprise teams because it’s not the Carlisle of old. Entirely new offense and coaching staff. They don’t have a lot of speed except for one kid on offense in the backfield. QB is mediocre at best. He gets to much air under the ball on passes he should get there quickly. I’m sure some coaching will help with that.

MU will pass more than anything. Great passing game this year. Miami East ran fairly well against us.
Not so sure. Pearce is not a fan of the forward pass. Yeah, there are good reasons MU will pass more, but i expect a run-it-till-they-stop-it mentality.

I thought MU did a good job swarming and stopping ME running game. East had 2 sustained drives i thought, one at the end of the 4th.

anyone who thinks Madison won’t win the league is foolish. MU and waynesville will be right behind Madison in the standings Madison has the toughest schedule in the buckeye without a doubt. I believe Madison goes 8-2 and sneaks into the division 5 region 20 playoffs

Milton is in the process of upgrading. New sound, scoreboard and eventually turf. Takes money and Carlisle and W Milton aren’t rich towns. Madison is still a challenge.
MU will pass more than anything. Great passing game this year. Miami East ran fairly well against us. They are a run first offense.
I think Waynesville and MU should be for the title. Northridge is talented. Carlisle might surprise everyone.
Why are you just counting out Madison. They had a tall order with a very talented franklin team on Friday with Madison having little to no returning starters you expect them to beat reading and compete with teams in the league

I
Not so sure. Pearce is not a fan of the forward pass. Yeah, there are good reasons MU will pass more, but i expect a run-it-till-they-stop-it mentality.

I thought MU did a good job swarming and stopping ME running game. East had 2 sustained drives i thought, one at the end of the 4th.
I know Pearce is the wing-t guru. He is also smart enough to know where his strengths are. Lovin was a beast and Brumbaugh had a great night as well, for obvious reasons. Milton was never a pass first school. It was nice to see success passing.
Seemed to me that #33 for East was having success. Kid was very good for a Soph.
Defense was decent in stopping a good Miami East team and holding them to 15 points. I can see the Thoele influence on the defense.
I was highly impressed with that game Friday night. Kids played an amazing game. Every kid was on fire. Nice to see. Proud of the Bulldogs! Now, go dominate Oakwood. ???

Last edited:
That s
anyone who thinks Madison won’t win the league is foolish. MU and waynesville will be right behind Madison in the standings Madison has the toughest schedule in the buckeye without a doubt. I believe Madison goes 8-2 and sneaks into the division 5 region 20 playoffs
That second loss will be to the Bulldogs. Might want to calm down and have respect for other viewpoints. WestJeff? Are you from West Jefferson? I have family there. Why so rabid for Madison? You know Duluoz? Milton will struggle with Madison, Valley View, Northridge and Waynesville. But I have seen the Dogs and they are a totally different team than last year. You could be right.

Miami East -Playoff 2018
Northwestern-Playoff 2018
Madison- playoff 2018
Waynesville
Valley View-playoff 2018

What’s weak about that?

Northridge needs to clean house and bring in a new coaching staff. They have enough athletes to be competitive in that league. They could pull some transfers from Dayton Public.

On to week 2....

I feel much better about VV than I did a week before, their offensive/defensive lines abused Wilmington all night.
Haven’t heard much about Ft. Recovery other than they were victorious as well. Going to be a good one this week