Gameplanning vs Colerain

The result of a good game plan is 42-0? Come on Omar even you know that’s a line of bs.

They held them to 14 points through 2.5 quarters. At a certain point talent takes over. The Defensive staff couldn’t have done anything differently to change the outcome of the game

Colerain wins 10 out of 10 times. People are trying to make themselves feel better about the state of things.

6-4 in the weakest Region 4 in some time. It's hard to imagine scenarios where we see the success of old. It's just reality.

Declining enrollment, status quo athletic operations, same coaching methods, the list goes on and on. Not sure why anyone is expecting something different as they continue to do things the same way.

Trey, this is why you’re a scrub. You go dark when they’re winning, and decide to comeback in full force to bash them when you knew they’d lose. And the Region sucked, but E’s only loss to an R4 team was Moe. They played arguably the toughest schedule in the state.

The D held on for 2.5 qts, received 0 help from the Offense and then the Team got completely blown out. Complaints about bad or missed calls in a 42-0 game is just plain stupid in my opinion. I was impressed with the Colerain D and the QBs throwing ability along with the Colerain Play Calling. I’d say the Elder D was definitely out Coached. Don’t think anybody including Elder DC thought Colerain would even throw 5 Passes, much less complete them in the fashion and situations that they did.

Zero Points Scored=Only have selves to blame
If Elder didn't know Colerain could and would throw the ball then there is a major problem in their pre-game prep. Colerain's QB had 17 passing TDs this year - everyone knew they could throw. It's hard to cover the pass when you're playing the option, being so focused on the dive, QB, pitch etc then all of a sudden a WR is running down the seam. I'm sure Elder knew, it's just one more thing to try and defend. Part of why they're even more tough this year offensively than previous years.

Last edited:
This is true, except I think their ‘15 team might’ve been better.

No chance. That '15 team didn't have an Ivan Pace. The defensive backfield was better and probably the defense on the whole but that offense just has so many weapons. If a team is able to run on them they'll be in trouble - by trouble I mean in a 4 Qtr game. I'm just not so sure there's a team left that can.

The result of a good game plan is 42-0? Come on Omar even you know that’s a line of bs.

The defensive game plan was good. The offensive game plan could have been better - run the football more. If you're looking at 42-0 without watching the game or having some context then sure I guess it looks like a bad game plan.

Colerain wins 10 out of 10 times. People are trying to make themselves feel better about the state of things.

6-4 in the weakest Region 4 in some time. It's hard to imagine scenarios where we see the success of old. It's just reality.

Declining enrollment, status quo athletic operations, same coaching methods, the list goes on and on. Not sure why anyone is expecting something different as they continue to do things the same way.
Trey is that you? Sure sounds like it. Or a Pboy alt?

I agree Colerain wins 10 out of 10, Elder maybe sneaks by them once out of 10 but again it would take a perfect game. Sometimes the other team is just better.

6-4 was disappointing for this team, but let's not act like they played all their games within R4 and the record was bad even with a down R4. They played a statewide schedule and a few OOS teams - some the best in state (St Edward, Winton Woods). The fact they earned the 3 seed at 6-4 showed how weak the region was - but this was definitely a playoff worthy team and they made a R4 Final with a favorable draw.

Declining enrollment is the biggest thing on your list. Elder doesn't have any worse athletes than they had even 10 years ago - they just don't have the numbers they did then. That's the biggest difference.

I agree Colerain wins 10 out of 10, Elder maybe sneaks by them once out of 10 but again it would take a perfect game. Sometimes the other team is just better.

6-4 was disappointing for this team, but let's not act like they played all their games within R4 and the record was bad even with a down R4. They played a statewide schedule and a few OOS teams - some the best in state (St Edward, Winton Woods). The fact they earned the 3 seed at 6-4 showed how weak the region was - but this was definitely a playoff worthy team and they made a R4 Final with a favorable draw.

Declining enrollment is the biggest thing on your list. Elder doesn't have any worse athletes than they had even 10 years ago - they just don't have the numbers they did then. That's the biggest difference.

As for the Region 4 issue, you are right about that. But what I'm saying is that people took their easy wins against Moeller and LE as signs they were better than their 6-4 record (and getting better). In reality, Moe and LE (esp LE) weren't very good. If Elder playedColerain in Round 1 and this was the result, this would be the worst loss ever. These past two playoff wins were fool's gold for how good this team really was. If you're honest, I think you'd agree this Elder team was....OK.

And I agree with you on the enrollment issue as well. The best athletes aren't worse athletes, they just don't have as many of them.

As for trey, I'm not him. I always thought that his rantings could be driven down to one word, and that is opportunity. In his ranting way, I do think he has some legit points about how a large portion of people, both inside and outside the westside bubble, don't feel like their son will get the opportunities they deserve because of both the incestual ways of the westside (from an outsiders perspective) as well as within Elder itself (from an insiders perspective). I do believe that piece has an impact on enrollment numbers, as less outsiders look in, and you see more and more insiders look out.

As for the Region 4 issue, you are right about that. But what I'm saying is that people took their easy wins against Moeller and LE as signs they were better than their 6-4 record (and getting better). In reality, Moe and LE (esp LE) weren't very good. If Elder playedColerain in Round 1 and this was the result, this would be the worst loss ever. These past two playoff wins were fool's gold for how good this team really was. If you're honest, I think you'd agree this Elder team was....OK.

And I agree with you on the enrollment issue as well. The best athletes aren't worse athletes, they just don't have as many of them.

As for trey, I'm not him. I always thought that his rantings could be driven down to one word, and that is opportunity. In his ranting way, I do think he has some legit points about how a large portion of people, both inside and outside the westside bubble, don't feel like their son will get the opportunities they deserve because of both the incestual ways of the westside (from an outsiders perspective) as well as within Elder itself (from an insiders perspective). I do believe that piece has an impact on enrollment numbers, as less outsiders look in, and you see more and more insiders look out.

How dumb do you think this forum is? Everyone knows it’s you.

And if they can’t replicate those #s for depth, they need marquee athletes. The best team I envision Elder putting together (mix of CPS, public school non feeders and feeders) still loses to this Colerain team. Even with Jarmon at Corner, Bledsoe and Uran at LBs and Kreimer at WR, they don’t win this game. It’s less about Elder not being up to par and more about this Colerain team being really frickin good.

Think what you will.

It's amazing how this forum shuns people who are accurate, and that some of Elder's problems are things they simply aren't willing to admit. It's why I didn't post for the first 3 years I knew this forum existed.

Consider me a St. Ed's fan from here on out. Ed's should destroy Liberty. I hope Colerain chokes another one away. A lot of their fans are complete turds.

Will Colerain be down next year finally or do they reload again? They lose their top 5 players.

Colerain is good. But they're not the juggernaut everyone is making them out to be. People just don't want to admit that Elder was just an OK team.

I think Ed's can and will beat them if they get the chance, but it would be an intriguing game.

Consider me a St. Ed's fan from here on out. Ed's should destroy Liberty. I hope Colerain chokes another one away. A lot of their fans are complete turds.

Will Colerain be down next year finally or do they reload again? They lose their top 5 players.

The Jr class is weak, but I think the Soph class is pretty strong.

Think what you will.

It's amazing how this forum shuns people who are accurate, and that some of Elder's problems are things they simply aren't willing to admit. It's why I didn't post for the first 3 years I knew this forum existed.

Trey, without me, there is no you. You’ve just regurgitated what I’ve been saying for years.

Trey, without me, there is no you. You’ve just regurgitated what I’ve been saying for years.

I don't understand you. I saw you argue with Trey for years and he was basically saying the same things you say, but just in a different way.

Same with others that mention similar themes that you do. You're so caustic with people who even kind of agree with you.

I think you know there are alot of people out there that are really second-guessing sending their kids to Elder because of some of these reasons, you're just frustrated they're aren't more on here to push your agenda.

Lack of sports success is simply the consequence of deeper, deeper issues. This isn't solved by simply putting up billboards in Westwood. It's a huge diversity, inclusion, culture, and in-bred mentality thinking problem.

I don't understand you. I saw you argue with Trey for years and he was basically saying the same things you say, but just in a different way.

Same with others that mention similar themes that you do. You're so caustic with people who even kind of agree with you.

I think you know there are alot of people out there that are really second-guessing sending their kids to Elder because of some of these reasons, you're just frustrated they're aren't more on here to push your agenda.

Lack of sports success is simply the consequence of deeper, deeper issues. This isn't solved by simply putting up billboards in Westwood. It's a huge diversity, inclusion, culture, and in-bred mentality thinking problem.

Don’t insult my intelligence by pretending you’re not Trey. And we’re “basically saying the same thing” bc he’s been parroting what I said first.

Lack of athletic success is more a result of the competition finding outside talent as opposed to Elder having less than they did 20 yrs ago.

I agree with other teams concentrating talent. There's no doubt that's a huge factor. But that is happening simultaneously with Elder enrolling significantly less students (which equates to less athletes). It's a double whammy.

And part of them losing enrollment is a serious issue with typical Elder families not feeling they will get opportunities because of the in-bred focus on so few. It's not all of our stud athletes going to Moe, Eds, X, or LaSalle. It's all of the decent athletes who want an actual chance to play. Having those kids absolutely makes a difference in your team success.

I believe it's the main reason (among others, free being big) you saw those Visi kids go to Taylor. They knew the kids in front of them would be the focus and limit their opportunities. I don't blame them.

Not concentrating athletes to Elder while also losing enrollment is a recipe for disaster, and it's going to continue to be until one (or both) is solved for.

Last edited:
I agree with other teams concentrating talent. But that is happening simultaneously with Elder enrolling less students (which equates to less athletes). It's a double whammy.

And part of them losing enrollment is a serious issue with typical Elder families not feeling they will get opportunities because of the in-bred focus on so few. It's not all of our stud athletes going to Moe, Eds, X, or LaSalle. It's all of the decent athletes who want an actual chance to play. Having those kids absolutely makes a difference in your team success.

I believe it's the main reason (among others, free being big) you saw those Visi kids go to Taylor. They knew the kids in front of them would be the focus and limit their opportunities. I don't blame them.

Then why is LS so much better than they were 20 yrs ago. Those glue kids you’re describing are important, but only as complementary players. Without high quality talent, it’s irrelevant. And you don’t know why those kids went to Taylor, so stop speculating. Some of those kids are the type of players you complain about getting all of the hype. Their opportunities were limited in that they wouldn’t start as Freshman, but it’s very likely one would be a 3 yr starter (or at least Letter as a Soph) and the others would be 2 yr starters.

LaSalle decided to be part of the concentration of talent. And they haven't lost their traditional feeder kids (sounds like some may be growing tired of it however). Lasalle grew tired of being the GCL doormat and changed.

They changed one of these variables. Elder has changed neither of them. They've changed nothing. Of course they're going to suffer with their on-field success.

LaSalle decided to be part of the concentration of talent. And they haven't lost their traditional feeder kids (sounds like some may be growing tired of it however). If they do start losing them, it ill hurt them.

They changed one of these variables. Elder has changed neither of them. They've changed nothing. Of course they're going to suffer with their on-field success.

They saw enrollment decline and they’ve lost some Feeder talent. It’s proof you don’t know what you’re talking about, you just like to complain. You think you’re clever in trying to disguise this by mimicking my arguments but I see right through it.

What am I complaining about? Disguise what? You act like this is all your idea. What you don't seem to grasp is alot of people give this feedback all the time to Elder.

I'm agreeing with you, and you feel the need to argue with me for agreeing with you. I'd venture to guess if you weren't such a loon, you could galvanize a group of normal people to push this message even further.

Trust me, they've heard this from plenty of people. They just refuse to accept it because they know if means putting them in tough spots and making tough decisions.

This message of inclusivity and diversity was a main call-out and demand of MANY alums after the basketball incident. They did some community service and called it a day. They don't get it.

What am I complaining about? Disguise what?

I'm agreeing with you, and you feel the need to argue with me for agreeing with you. I'd venture to guess if you weren't such a loon, you could galvanize a group of normal people to push this message even further.

Trust me, they've heard this from plenty of people. They just refuse to accept it.

It’s easy to see in your tone, I can’t be the only one who sees it. Unlike you, I don’t enjoy being critical and when I am, I always try to offer a solution.

I can promise you this, Elder had HUNDREDS of people willing to help them out as part of their feedback process after the basketball incident. People that could offer new ideas, new ways of thinking, expertise to help them through diversity and inclusion measures, etc.

Have you heard about anything new? It's one of the reasons why enrollment is declining. People are done with no action (in a few different areas). It's frustrating when some of these things are plain as day, and they refuse to open themselves up to new things.

Plenty of solutions have been offered.

I can promise you this, Elder had HUNDREDS of people willing to help them out as part of their feedback process after the basketball incident. People that could offer new ideas, new ways of thinking, expertise to help them through diversity and inclusion measures, etc.

Have you heard about anything new? It's one of the reasons why enrollment is declining. People are done with no action (in a few different areas). It's frustrating when some of these things are plain as day, and they refuse to open themselves up to new things.

Plenty of solutions have been offered.

No enrollment is shrinking bc Feeder enrollment is shrinking. Again, you’re applying your feelings as fact. Elder needs to become more welcoming and opening bc of that shrinking enrollment, but that’s not why enrollment declined.

There's never just one reason. Both of these are factors. This isn't an issue that's solved with one idea.

And Seton is flourishing because of how welcoming they are to girls of all walks of life (not just in demographics, but in interests). It's a major component to their growth.

Same is true at Ursula, MND, and St X. The schools that are changing their brands and perceptions are winning.

There's never just one reason. Both of these are factors. This isn't an issue that's solved with one idea.

And Seton is flourishing because of how welcoming they are to girls of all walks of life (not just in demographics, but in interests). It's a major component to their growth.

And some factors are larger than others. The biggest factor by far is the dwindling grade school enrollment.

Seton has been helped out a ton by Mercy closing. For Elder, it would be like LS closing down.

And some factors are larger than others. The biggest factor by far is the dwindling grade school enrollment.

Seton has been helped out a ton by Mercy closing. For Elder, it would be like LS closing down.

Moeller, St X, MND, Ursula, and Seton are all growing. Your statement simply isn't true.

The schools adapting are doing well. Overall, more kids are attending parochial high schools overall. Competition is real. Some are winning, some are losing.

Moeller, St X, MND, Ursula, and Seton are all growing. Your statement simply isn't true.

The schools adapting are doing well. Overall, more kids are attending parochial high schools overall. Competition is real. Some are winning, some are losing.

What are you talking about? We’re talking about WHY enrollment declined. You really aren’t very smart are you?

You think the only reason enrollment declined is because there are less kids going to Catholic grade schools?

You don't think families have made the decision not to attend Elder because of their lack of creativity and openness to change?

You really believe that? You think those kids chose Taylor (or any other public alternative) because they were sick of Catholic education? Most picked other Catholic schools in Cincinnati.

You think the only reason enrollment declined is because there are less kids going to Catholic grade schools?

You don't think families have made the decision not to attend Elder because of their lack of creativity and openness to change?

You really believe that? You think those kids chose Taylor (or any other public alternative) because they were sick of Catholic education? Most picked other Catholic schools in Cincinnati.

I said I think that’s the largest reason and that’s bc it is. You’re talking about 3-4 kids from Visi that went to Taylor. It matters for athletics bc they were good players, it doesn’t matter so much in terms of overall enrollment. You’re conflating your incessant complaining as debate.

Again, not shocked you hid in the dark when Elder was winning, then came out of the woodwork to bash them when they lost.