Bowl Games You Are Watching

Did you really think Auburn was going to be up for this? The same thing happened to FSU 2 yrs ago V Houston and several yrs ago when Bama lost to Utah.

The shame on them. It's a New Years day bowl game and if they can't get up for that then maybe they shouldn't be on the field. Frankly there is to much excuse making when the so called elite teams get beaten in Bowl games by their "inferiors".

UCF over Auburn is huge because it exposes EVERYTHING that is wrong with the college football playoff system and the utter impossibility of selecting the 4 best teams out of a field of a hundred teams.

If I'm on the committee I'm sweating bullets and pulling for BOTH SEC teams to win the 1st round of the playoffs. If Georgia & Bama are eliminated today, then the committee should be officially put out to pasture.
I think the committee already looks dumb, and it's obvious they overrated the SEC in their deliberations. A complete meltdown by TTUN is the only thing that has kept the SEC from being 1-6 at this point, rather than 2-5, which was already bad enough.

There's no way the SEC deserved two teams in the playoffs (and hopefully, they will never have two teams from the same conference again as long as we're in a four team format). UCF's performance against Auburn, and their #12 ranking also demonstrates that the committee reflects the same preposterous bias that prevents non-Power 5 teams from getting into the CFP.

It should be obvious to everyone at this point that the CFP needs to be expanded to eight teams, and the Group of 5 conferences deserve a representative, IMO.

That is exactly why UCF should have been in the play-offs, unless they are given a chance no one knows how they would have done. Definitely deserved it more than Alabama, better overall record, conf. champs and just def. the no. 7 team in the nation, a team that beat Alabama by 2 tds. What was Alabama's best win : LSU who just lost to Notre Dame.

I agree. The committee failed to use their imagination and left an undefeated team home. Can you imagine how exciting a Clemson versus UCF game would have been.

Don't have cable but ESPN3 uses the hometown radio. What a much better way to watch, presuming someone has a favorite in the game.

I think the committee already looks dumb, and it's obvious they overrated the SEC in their deliberations. A complete meltdown by TTUN is the only thing that has kept the SEC from being 1-6 at this point, rather than 2-5, which was already bad enough.

There's no way the SEC deserved two teams in the playoffs (and hopefully, they will never have two teams from the same conference again as long as we're in a four team format). UCF's performance against Auburn, and their #12 ranking also demonstrates that the committee reflects the same preposterous bias that prevents non-Power 5 teams from getting into the CFP.

It should be obvious to everyone at this point that the CFP needs to be expanded to eight teams, and the Group of 5 conferences deserve a representative, IMO.

I agree with all of this except I want 12 or 16 team playoff. If it's 12 teams you give the top 4 seeds a 1st round bye and they would also get to play their 1st game at HOME in the elite 8 round. That would be plenty of motivation to finish in the top 4.

Your opinion is correct.

This is the lamest, dumbest excuse out there. Only an idiot would sling this nonsense.

So 2008 Utah was the best team in the country? It's obvious these teams don't care. I even called it earlier in this thread before kickoff. Any team in the playoff would destroy UCF.

So 2008 Utah was the best team in the country?
Yes. Not only did they beat Alabama handily in the Sugar Bowl, they also beat Michigan, Oregon State, and TCU from the Power 5 conferences that year. Two of those three were Top 25 teams.

Any team in the playoff would destroy UCF.
UCF just beat the team that beat two of the four teams in the CFP. UCF didn't use any silly gimmicks or anything like that; they simply lined up & beat Auburn straight up. How can you possibly say they couldn't play with at least Georgia and Alabama at a bare minimum?

Yes. Not only did they beat Alabama handily in the Sugar Bowl, they also beat Michigan, Oregon State, and TCU from the Power 5 conferences that year. Two of those three were Top 25 teams.

UCF just beat the team that beat two of the four teams in the CFP. UCF didn't use any silly gimmicks or anything like that; they simply lined up & beat Auburn straight up. How can you possibly say they couldn't play with at least Georgia and Alabama at a bare minimum?

Bc there was no chance Auburn was coming out ready for this game, zero. It happens almost every year.