Bowl Games You Are Watching

It's continually amazing to me that Harbaugh's name gets thrown around in the group of elite coaches. He had one good season at Stanford(with a generational talent at QB) and has done nothing of note at Michigan so far other than lose big games.

If an unknown coach had the exact same first 3 years at Michigan their fans would be wondering whether it was time to let him go. Instead they're talking about lifetime contracts for Harbaugh.

The Colts or Bears would be doing them a huge favor if they came calling for Harbaugh. He has to be the most overrated coach in college football. If he doesn't go 10-2 or better next year with the Ole Miss QB his seat should start heating up.

Targeting rule is a joke, way too much of a grey area.

Agreed. An Auburn defender pile-drived a UCF RB earlier and wasn't even called for unnecessary roughness, but that "targeting" hit is an automatic disqualification? Such a joke. Targeting has to be reserved for malicious play, not run of the mill football hits that happen to be helmet-to-helmet.

The Colts or Bears would be doing them a huge favor if they came calling for Harbaugh. He has to be the most overrated coach in college football. If he doesn't go 10-2 or better next year with the Ole Miss QB his seat should start heating up.

They're not sure he'll be eligible. Peters isn't bad, but he's Joe Montana compared to O'Korn

uTqLYm

It’s too bad Michigan blew it.

Did you really think Auburn was going to be up for this? The same thing happened to FSU 2 yrs ago V Houston and several yrs ago when Bama lost to Utah.
Also remember Boise St beating Oklahoma. Also believe Bama lost to Louisville in a major bowl before also

What an interesting day in college football and we haven't even gotten to the playoff games yet! UCF over Auburn is huge because it exposes EVERYTHING that is wrong with the college football playoff system and the utter impossibility of selecting the 4 best teams out of a field of a hundred teams. IMO the ONLY answer is a 16 team playoff with the first round being played at the top 8 seeds.

After watching today's UCF/Auburn game is there anyone out there who doesn't think that UCF could beat ANY of the 4 playoff teams on a neutral field? Sure they would be slight underdogs but what I saw today was that UCF had more speed and stronger, more physical offensive & defensive lines then Auburn. UCF also had an elite level college QB better then the QB's for 3 of the 4 playoff teams.

The other element making today's UCF/Auburn game interesting is that once all is said & done the single most important factor the committee took into consideration when deciding to award the SEC two playoff participants was AUBURN! Their play in November, beating Bama and then losing to Georgia in the SEC championship, paved the way.

If I'm on the committee I'm sweating bullets and pulling for BOTH SEC teams to win the 1st round of the playoffs. If Georgia & Bama are eliminated today, then the committee should be officially put out to pasture.

Also remember Boise St beating Oklahoma. Also believe Bama lost to Louisville in a major bowl before also

What was different today IMO was that unlike Boise State, UCF didn't rely on gimmicks to beat Auburn. Heck, the game shouldn't have ended up as close as it did given UCF missed two very makeable FG's.

The simple fact is that the UCF defensive line DOMINATED the Auburn offensive line. All we heard all week was that Auburn would run the ball down UCF's throat with their physical SEC running game. BTW, remind me - how many sacks did UCF get today?

As surprising as the superior play of both UCF lines was today, it was even more surprising to me that UCF seemed to have more speed and much better QB play. In fact I would submit that the UCF QB is better then the QB's on 3 of the playoff teams.

That is exactly why UCF should have been in the play-offs, unless they are given a chance no one knows how they would have done. Definitely deserved it more than Alabama, better overall record, conf. champs and just def. the no. 7 team in the nation, a team that beat Alabama by 2 tds. What was Alabama's best win : LSU who just lost to Notre Dame.