Massillon Washington @ Canton Glenoak 8/30- who wins and why?

And anyone thinking that McDaniels using QB draws to drive for the winning score.....was an accident, is drinking orange and black kool aid.

Draws and Qb's draws has been McDaniels bread and butter his whole career. The casual football observer can spot them from a mile away in down and distance situations when Mcd is on the sidelines.

I would remind you of my pre-game observation:

The trouble is that Hall's teams tend to be soft and come up small.

It is what is is. From this point forward, Hall is coaching for his job.

I don't disagree, but I was told for months by Tiger fans (not necessarily anyone on here) that this year would be different and that there was size and talent to be found on the O-Line. So much for that idea.

I wouldn't throw Massillon in front of the train just yet..Is Glenoak THAT GOOD? Perhaps..Is Massillon THAT BAD? I'm not sold on that ..just yet. EMOTION plays a MAJOR role in the game and Glenoak had it for close to 3 and half quarters. Even Glenoak fans have to admit that Massillon looked as flat as beer can run over by a steam roller. Massillon had GLARING weeknesses; which Hall will have to address.If you break it down; DNA is DNA. Inch by inch, BMI to BMI, When it comes to talent; Massillon SHOULD be able to compete with any team from any region..Success is a direct reflection of its leadership. There; my friends; could be the problem.

Never felt Hall would ever get the full potential out of the Massillon program, but I thought they would win last night

Congrats GO, you had the better team last night and the better coaching staff. You will always have the better coaching staff as long as Hall is there.
McD good job and I'll bet you are still laughing in your beer right now, maybe there firing the wrong coaches here at Massillon. good luck the rest of year and into the playoffs.

I wouldn't throw Massillon in front of the train just yet..Is Glenoak THAT GOOD? Perhaps..Is Massillon THAT BAD? I'm not sold on that ..just yet. EMOTION plays a MAJOR role in the game and Glenoak had it for close to 3 and half quarters. Even Glenoak fans have to admit that Massillon looked as flat as beer can run over by a steam roller. Massillon had GLARING weeknesses; which Hall will have to address.If you break it down; DNA is DNA. Inch by inch, BMI to BMI, When it comes to talent; Massillon SHOULD be able to compete with any team from any region..Success is a direct reflection of its leadership. There; my friends; could be the problem.

I don't believe that Massillon is a bad team, but I'm fairly certain there are better teams out there than the team that just beat Massillon.

I don't believe that Massillon is a bad team, but I'm fairly certain there are better teams out there than the team that just beat Massillon.

THANKS FOR LETTING US ENJOY OUR VICTORY, GOOD THING FOR YOU YOUR TEAM WILL HAVE A CHANCE TO BACK UP THAT STATEMENT.

THANKS FOR LETTING US ENJOY OUR VICTORY, GOOD THING FOR YOU YOUR TEAM WILL HAVE A CHANCE TO BACK UP THAT STATEMENT.

There are better teams than Glenoak and Massillon (at least as of last night), and Central has no need to back anything up. If Glenoak doesn't win by 50, I would be shocked.

Where is bigdogman? Just like i thought,no where to be seen after his tigers got whipped.He ran away like a dog with it's tail between it's legs.Ha ha

NO EXCUSES NO EXCUSES bigdogman.Ha ha

You think GlenOak has a good DL,wait until you see McKinley's DL.

Have a good day bigdogman.

Congrats to GO way to show them the FED is no cupcake, with that said I still believe the Tigers need admission into the FED look at the crowd last nigh and the atmosphere they only enhance what the FED already has great football and sports overall! I hope all the writers at they INDY continue to write how great Mass is it seemed that they believed their own hype.

Best part of the game? The free bucket of wings I just won from BW3's for knowing the wing flavor of the week.

:party:

This was a fun one to be at. GlenOak dominated early, thanks in large part to their defense dominating Massillon's offensive line. GlenOak had a good mix of run and pass plays throughout the game and seemed to have Massillon on their toes a little bit. However, Massillon stormed back and almost made a great comeback. You knew Massillon wasn't going to go away that easily and they nearly pulled it off. However, the Eagles made the necessary plays when they needed to, including a great play-action play call on 3rd down on the final drive to seal the game.

The player that impressed me most in this game was Massillon's kicker. What a leg! The fact that he's only a sophomore is crazy. I hope Urban Meyer gives that kid a call because he'll definitely be kicking in D-I football in college.

Overall, it was a great atmosphere with good fan support, take away one idiot from Massillon who flicked off the entire GlenOak section right before halftime and then nearly started a right with another fan. Looking forward to next
year's game at Massillon.

clyde was that you sitting behind me...lol...even though he was wearing orange I was hoping that they'd have stomped his belligerent drunk ...lol

clyde was that you sitting behind me...lol...even though he was wearing orange I was hoping that they'd have stomped his belligerent drunk ...lol
Possibly! Where were you sitting? I was in section 7, third row I believe. Wore a green polo shirt and Green Bay Packers hat.

Possibly! Where were you sitting? I was in section 7, third row I believe. Wore a green polo shirt and Green Bay Packers hat.

WE MUST OF ALL BEEN SITTING TOGETHER, THAT IDIOT WAS SITTING IN ROW D TWO ROWS IN FRONT OF US. WE GOT INTO IT WITH THEM RIGHT AWAY, IT STARTED OUT FRIENDLY BUT THEN STARTED TO GET OUT OF HAND. WERE YOU JUST TO THERE LEFT?

Yuk, Yuk,spit Yuk

SORRY WOODY, I COULDNT RESIST.

It sure is hard spitting these crow feathers out of my mouth. I was watching Trinity of Texas get beat in overtime by Belleview so I was not really paying attention to this game. I saw GO come out leading big and then Massillon catch up. I read a bunch of turnovers occurred. What was the turnover ratio? It is hard for any team to win turning it over. If GO played a bad game and won, that is a bonus. If GO makes a good run and wins a few games in the playoffs, it will only boost the program more. Dunn is gone and the Eagles is still winning. Every great program had a starting point some where. Chuck Kyle and the boys had to start out somewhere. Guess it looks like GO is starting to be a team that people on the outside will have to start giving more credit to. To me at least, this win is more impressive then last year's game with Dunn. Good luck to the Eagles the rest of the way. I always pull for teams that were in my area.
Now on to Massillon. They better regroup and win and show they can win the big ones. The honeymoon for Hall is over and he better produce the rest of the year or he may be relocating.

WE MUST OF ALL BEEN SITTING TOGETHER, THAT IDIOT WAS SITTING IN ROW D TWO ROWS IN FRONT OF US. WE GOT INTO IT WITH THEM RIGHT AWAY, IT STARTED OUT FRIENDLY BUT THEN STARTED TO GET OUT OF HAND. WERE YOU JUST TO THERE LEFT?
Yeah, I was to the left of them and must've been a row ahead of them. I didn't hear anything go on until I happened to turn around and he's giving the middle finger to the GlenOak fans and shouting "I'll be back! Keep my seat warm!" Shockingly, he didn't return.

Yeah, I was to the left of them and must've been a row ahead of them. I didn't hear anything go on until I happened to turn around and he's giving the middle finger to the GlenOak fans and shouting "I'll be back! Keep my seat warm!" Shockingly, he didn't return.
I THINK I KNOW WHO YOU ARE I WILL SAY HI NEXT GAME I SEE YOU AT. I USUALLY WEAR MY LUCKY GLENOAK FOR LIFE T SHIRT. ITS ALWAYS NICE TO MEET ANOTHER MEMBER OF EAGLE NATION.

Every school has those fans you wanna prune off the family tree..you met one of ours...wanted to push that drunk guy down the stairs myself....I was cordial so all the GO peeps were cordial to me ...shared alot of information ...back and forth with the guys in my section...good people..and the eagle moms are pretty hot too....grin...good time other than the ugliest game Ive witnessed in a long time...

tell you what though ....a lot of sphincters simultaneously released on that 3rd and 5 play ...in my section....the prospect of punting to conley with a 2 pt lead...and david kicking with the wind...had a :wallbang: lot of folks clenching..Sure I wanted a win....but didnt deserve too...I was calm..good luck eagles ...we be good lil boys and go fetch ya'll some harbins..

Watching a replay of this game this afternoon. What a gawd-awful mess both ways. Somebody has to win but both teams...fumbles, penalties, turnovers. Amazing. GlenOak better be ready for Euclid, a pretty good team.

Euclid is good but very wise scheduling by AD, Glen Oak played Thursday and Euclid played Saturday.. A few extra days to Recruit- my bad I meant to say recoup...As far as the Massillon game I did go and it was not that well played. Too many turnovers maybe big game nerves. Smith is a force thank you OHSAA just in time. I could not believe that another public school could out recruit Massillon. Nicely done.

Last edited:
Nice job by the Massillon players and coaches trashing the locker rooms at GlenOak. Unbelievable.. Maybe this week in school you can learn the word respect.

TD

Nice job by the Massillon players and coaches trashing the locker rooms at GlenOak. Unbelievable.. Maybe this week in school you can learn the word respect.

TD

TD---------------Is this rumor or fact? Did you see the locker room? To accuse coaches and players of trashing public property is a serious offense.