St. Ignatius Wildcats 2012

Game 2 at HOME
Hooray, I get to see three games on my annual Cleveland vacay.:party: :clap:

Last edited:
Who is the Week 2 opponent?

Actually, if anyone can list the St. Ignatius schedule as it exists so far, I'd be really appreciative. :)

From Eddie Dwyer has posted:

Mooney at Browns Stadium
Warren DeSalle (MI) home
Mentor home
Open wk 4
St Francis home, glenville home, Erie McDowell away - in wks 5,6,8 (not sure of order)
Open wk 7
X away
Ed home

Anthony Gonzalez signed with the NE Pats on St.Pats Day joining former Ignatius teamate Brian Hoyer. Meanwhile Hoyer is testing the market
in the off season for a starting job and/or more dough than his $1.9Mill tender offer from N.E.

Anthony Gonzalez signed with the NE Pats on St.Pats Day joining former Ignatius teamate Brian Hoyer. Meanwhile Hoyer is testing the market
in the off season for a starting job and/or more dough than his $1.9Mill tender offer from N.E.

I know athletes don't think this way, but backup QB for the NE Pats looks like an excellent job.

Won't Gonzalez be competing for the Wes Welker position? If so, good luck on that.

Gonzo played mostly slot for OSU but played all receiving positions for the Colts when he wasn't injured. I suspect he'll be spotted about anywhere
for the Pats. Deion Branch and 85 are gone and Welker gets banged around like a pinball out there in the middle of the field; so there should be some PT out there somewhere next year for AG, possibly a start on the outside.

One of my all time favorite Ignatius games involved these two former Cats. Must have been 2002. Ignatius down by about 3 TD's to Massillon in the second half and then Gonzo went nuts; I think it was 2 int's, 3 TD catches, a fumble recovery, and a blocked FG. Also, Hoyer threw for about 300 in that comback in the second half.

I know athletes don't think this way, but backup QB for the NE Pats looks like an excellent job.

Agreed.

Job Description: B.Hoyer; Carry clip board during games and go to meetings and practice during the week and never get hit. You and wife hang out and do stuff with Tom and Mrs Brady.

2012 salary $1.9 mill minimum.

Eddie Dwyer has posted that weeks 4 and 7 have been filled (contracts to be signed)

Week 1 - Youngstown Cardinal Mooney at Browns Stadium
Week 2 – Warren (MI) De LaSalle at Byers (3:00 pm)
Week 3 - Mentor at Byers
Week 4 – Erie (PA) Strong Vincent (site TBA)
Week 5 - at Erie (PA) McDowell
Week 6 - Glenville at Byers
Week 7 - John Adams (most likely at Byers)
Week 8 – Athol Springs (NY) St. Francis at Byers
Week 9 - at Cincinnati St. Xavier
Week 10 -St. Edward at Byers

Eddie Dwyer has posted that weeks 4 and 7 have been filled (contracts to be signed)

Week 3 - Mentor at Byers

Interesting that they play almost the same number of games against teams from Erie as they do against teams from Cuyahoga County.

Well, I'm glad we have 10.

It does not appear to be a back-breaker schedule. Not easy, but not a gauntlet of tough games, week after week. Five challenging games...Mooney, Mentor, Glenville, X, Ed's with the weaker competition nicely interspersed. Two or three out of towns (1 or 2 to Erie; X), likely only one overnight (X).

Similar to last year's schedule, perhaps a bit easier.

Strong Vincent location to be determined...

Any chance they're looking at The Spire Institute in Geneva, which would be roughly half way between Cleveland and Erie?

For what it's worth, CalPreps predicts that a matchup with Strong Vincent at a neutral site last year would have resulted in a 49-7 Wildcat victory. I would look for a similar result this year.

On a side note, Erie McDowell might have one of the most difficult Ohio schedules. They play Mentor , Ignatius, Ed's ( in consecutive weeks) and Mooney.Maybe some Ohio teams could take the example shown by our neighbor in Pa. and step up to the plate more. Looks like the Cats go to Erie in consecutive weeks.

Week 3 - Mentor at Byers

Looking forward to seeing you guys in Cincy during week 9. We had a blast last year at John Carroll...great hospitality by the St. I's folks...first class

Looking forward to seeing you guys in Cincy during week 9. We had a blast last year at John Carroll...great hospitality by the St. I's folks...first class

Xavier people always say saint I. You guys are indeed st x but no one calls ignatius like that. I wish xavierans would refrain from doing that if you must use a nickname then iggy is ok. I don't mean to be too abrasive it's just one of those things for me. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

[/B]

Xavier people always say saint I. You guys are indeed st x but no one calls ignatius like that. I wish xavierans would refrain from doing that if you must use a nickname then iggy is ok. I don't mean to be too abrasive it's just one of those things for me. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I feel the opposite; I hate "Iggy." It is as aggravating to me as "St. Edwards" must be to St. Edward fans. With "St. I" you know that the writer is from Cincinnati., where I think that there is a St. Ignatius parish and grade school that is referred to as "St. I." " Iggy" seems almost derogatory.

I feel the opposite; I hate "Iggy." It is as aggravating to me as "St. Edwards" must be to St. Edward fans. With "St. I" you know that the writer is from Cincinnati., where I think that there is a St. Ignatius parish and grade school that is referred to as "St. I." " Iggy" seems almost derogatory.

I don't mind "Iggy", and thanks for coming up to JCU. I heard a great time was had by all.

AMDG

[/B]

I did not know that. No offense intended..quite the opposite actually. How about Wildcats? Lol.

Dead on right with the St. I's grade school reference. Ironically, I live in St. I's parish which is one of the largest feeder schools for St. X. Old habit I guess. I'm going with Wildcats from this point on. You can call us anything but "Eggxavier" lol.