St. Ignatius Wildcats 2012

So, since its the off season and there really is nothing to talk about, I figured we could have a little fun...

The following is every team Ignatius has a losing record to:
1. Akron Hoban – 0-1-0
2. Akron Saint Vincent-Saint Mary – 0-1-0
3. Baldwin-Wallace College Freshmen – 0-1-0
4. Bellevue – 0-1-0
5. Cathedral Latin – 19-26-6
6. Cincinnati Saint Xavier – 8-10-0
7. Cleveland East Tech – 3-6-0
8. Euclid Shore – 0-1-0
9. Lima Senior – 0-1-0
10. Pittsburgh (PA) Penn Hills – 0-2-0
11. Ramsey (NJ) Don Bosco Prep – 0-1-0
12. Tiffen Junior Home – 0-5-0
13. Toledo Scott – 0-1-0
14. Wellington – 0-1-0
15. Youngstown Cardinal Mooney – 0-2-0
16. Youngstown Rayen – 0-1-0
17. Youngstown Ursuline – 0-1-0

(I think I got them all...)

Which one do you think is more, err, embarrassing? :shrug:

East Tech? Those games must have been a LONG time ago...

In the wide world of sports...

Ignatius' crew team is competing today in the national scholastic rowing finals in Camden, New Jersey. Good news. The junior 8 has made it to the finals (@ 2:05 PM) and the varsity 8 will compete in the "petite" final, which I think is a runner-up race (for positions 7-12) @ 3:50 pm.

You can watch these races live...

https://www.sraa.net/2012/05/streaming-of-saturdays-races/

In the wide world of sports...

Ignatius' crew team is competing today in the national scholastic rowing finals in Camden, New Jersey. Good news. The junior 8 has made it to the finals (@ 2:05 PM) and the varsity 8 will compete in the "petite" final, which I think is a runner-up race (for positions 7-12) @ 3:50 pm.

You can watch these races live...

https://www.sraa.net/2012/05/streaming-of-saturdays-races/

Junior 8 finished 6th; Varsity 8 finished 8th. Congrats.

CF: Any idea how he's viewed at the next level? Running back? Cornerback? Safety?

I know you asked CatFan, but I will give my opinion of what I see and think. I see him as a safety, in the mold of Bob Sanders from Iowa and the Colts. He is linebacker with a nose for the ball in a defensive backs body. I saw him play some as a sophmore in the Charity game against LC, and when he finally got into the game he was flying all over the field at a higher speed than the starters. His junior year he played exceptionally well as the featured back, and although his time on defense was limited, when he did get into the game he was a difference maker. I have not seen him enough in coverage to say he would be a great corner. I think he has the straight on 40 speed, but do not see the hips you need at the next level for corner. I do not think with his size, he can play RB in college. Given the opportunity, I think he could be a successful safety at a BCS level school. Whether he gets the chance remains to be seen. He has the speed, strength, toughness and smarts to be that good. Wherever he ends up, he will be a difference maker.

More offers will come. Lots of teams nowadays like the smaller 'scooter style' back in the spread. Urban Meyer had a bunch of them at Florida. Tim is bigger and tougher than Florida's starting RB Chris Rainey who just got drafted by the Steelers. Last year Tim had sacks, separated receivers from balls, and met big guys in the hole a full speed and put them on their wallet and didn't even play very much on defense. Love to watch him run the ball but I do think his future at the next level is on D. Can't wait for the first kickoff.

Andrew Luck was on Letterman last night - what a nice, smart, and well-composed kid. Anyway, he shared a neat tidbit: apparently Oliver Luck was a grade-school classmate of Letterman's wife growing up in Cleveland and since their names were close to each other, alphabetically, they sat right next to each other in class. I thought that was pretty cool.

North Viking is an Akron poster who trolls for Mooney, for reasons unknown.

Just for clarification.....North Viking "trolls" AGAINST Mooney.......

He has since Yappi was formed.

He is harmless though, and we at Mooney appreciate his kind comments, whenever they are applied.

Even a "blind squirrel" finds an "acorn" once in a while..........:) :shrug:

Sorry to steal the thread.

My bad.

Back to business......

Mooney is going to be a very good D3/D4 team. (The Cards are just 1-2 male students ......"away" ..or "over".....every year...in determining those divisions).

Each year, when Mooney is lucky enough to get a short un-athletic "tuba" player that joins our band and "swells" it ranks from 13 to 14 particpants......it knocks our 'Boys" total up ....from D4 to D3......and of course....Mooney football alumni....embrace that....

St.Ignatius is a great .....D1 .......team.

Enough said.

Ignatius BIG......in the Charity Game.

MOONEY WILL SHOW UP HOWEVER.

Last edited:
Just for clarification.....North Viking "trolls" AGAINST Mooney.......

He has since Yappi was formed.

He is harmless though, and we at Mooney appreciate his kind comments, whenever they are applied.

Even a "blind squirrel" finds an "acorn" once in a while..........:) :shrug:

His post was trolling FOR Mooney trying to get a response from Ignatius posters.

Nor were you here when Yappi was formed.

I'm a Mooney Looney!!!

This will be a splendid game between 2 storied programs.

What is the line on this game from the Little Italy fellas?!?

"I saw him play some as a sophmore in the Charity game against LC, and when he finally got into the game he was flying all over the field at a higher speed than the starters."

McVey is a special athlete no doubt, but I'm not sure he translates well to the BCS level for some of the reasons mentioned, but is clearly capable of playing somewhere if he's given the opportunity. You may remember another running back/linebacker from that game who dominated on both sides of the ball - Richie Sanders. He didn't get a single BCS offer and ended up at Mercyhurst where he will lead that team in rushing for four years (led the team in rushing as a frosh this year) and probably set all of their program records. You can't tell me a Kent or Akron couldn't have used this kid. He rushed for over 2,000 yards that year (including the playoffs) even with missing some time and touches during the regular season because of an injury and would have had a legitimate shot at Mr. Football if not for said injury. Sometimes the whole DI recruiting game makes no sense.

"I saw him play some as a sophmore in the Charity game against LC, and when he finally got into the game he was flying all over the field at a higher speed than the starters."

McVey is a special athlete no doubt, but I'm not sure he translates well to the BCS level for some of the reasons mentioned, but is clearly capable of playing somewhere if he's given the opportunity. You may remember another running back/linebacker from that game who dominated on both sides of the ball - Richie Sanders. He didn't get a single BCS offer and ended up at Mercyhurst where he will lead that team in rushing for four years (led the team in rushing as a frosh this year) and probably set all of their program records. You can't tell me a Kent or Akron couldn't have used this kid. He rushed for over 2,000 yards that year (including the playoffs) even with missing some time and touches during the regular season because of an injury and would have had a legitimate shot at Mr. Football if not for said injury. Sometimes the whole DI recruiting game makes no sense.

Yes, that Sanders was an absolute stud. D1 recruiting is at times, absurd. They want you to fit in a box of measurables and not if you can play the game at times. I saw an article on Rivals last year, some kid from the south who had never played a game of football in his life, had 13 scholarship offers between his junior and senior year from attending combines and camps. He was trying football his senior of high school after only playing basketball growing up. It's like I tell my son all the time, " Everybody looks good in shorts and t-shirts, we see who the real men are when the pads go on and they get hit in the mouth" Sanders and McVey can flat out play. Hopefully, they continue to do great things at the next level.

Agreed......Sanders could and should have been MAC level.:clap:

Always had the sense that there was more to the Sanders evaluation than his abilty to tote the rock and his size. Seemed like there was always a fair amount of drama with him.

Not sure what you mean by that. I'm going to assume that you are thinking of a different player, because the Sanders (plural, because he has a twin sister who was a track state champ) were class acts.

Always had the sense that there was more to the Sanders evaluation than his abilty to tote the rock and his size. Seemed like there was always a fair amount of drama with him.

Not sure what you mean by that. I'm going to assume that you are thinking of a different player, because the Sanders (plural, because he has a twin sister who was a track state champ) were class acts.

No, I know the player and I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. He may be a class act, but he missed a lot of plays in big games...always returning to the field a play or two later.