Water Polo 2010

polocoach993,
After reading your diatribes against Ohio water polo, I am disgusted. You came to this public message board because people were badmouthing referees and you disagreed. So instead of taking a civil approach to the matter and simply defending the refs, you turn around and post slanderous comments about kids. Now that definitely does a lot for your credibility. You and I must have gone to different tournaments this year, because the water polo I watched consisted of great strategical tactics, reinforced by dry passing, and culminating with a shot from a player whose belly button was out of the water.

You have every right defend people from slander, and I agree that it should not happen. But I agree bad calls have been made, it's bound to happen, and people will always complain. But to come in here and attack kids, that's taking it a little to far. You went from trying to fix the problem to part of the problem.

So I applaud your hypocrisy. :clap:

P.S. I know of a few kids who have been recruited to play DII and DIII, some at California school, but chose not to for academic reasons. Also, many athletes have gone on to collegiate club and received All-Conference awards.

I’m not criticizing the kids. You have so much raw talent and decent facilities in Ohio, you could compete with the top California high schools for NCAA scholarships. What you have is a bunch of coaches publicly blaming the referees for coaching failures. Referees don’t teach the eggbeater, passing or tactics. Coaches do.
You had Joan Bertocci using her connections to help you. Do you think Dante Dettamanti and Doc Hunkler came out there because Ohio water polo is so great? No. They came out there because Joan asked them to. There isn’t one NCAA coach that won’t take a call from her immediately. There isn’t a high school in California that wouldn’t kill for what you are getting from her. Everything she does is volunteer. She has made a big difference in a lot of programs with her help and love of the sport.
What burns me is that a bunch of people from Ohio took it on themselves to attack her husband publicly and let her find it. Anyone ever think to send her an email and ask for her help? No. Instead you slam the crap out of him publicly. Volunteers like her are hard to find and it won’t take too many of these before she will pack it in and donate her time and energy somewhere else. I can’t believe you people. I’m done with you. I’ve said my piece and don’t want to hear the word Ohio for a long time.

State Championship

Congratulations to St. Charles in their 6-4 victory over St. Francis in their first championship game. Quick rise for Geoff Gear and his team in just four years.

All-State awards will be finalized at the State Coaches meeting next weekend. Coaches and referees voted for an All-State Tournament team, based on this weekends play, but I have not seen the results for that yet.

St Charles

I want to second the congratulations to the St Charles Boys team. It was a really fun team to watch with a lot of balance on both offense and defense. The depth on their team really showed as multiple players contributed to their great season and championship run. Many of the teams represented at Regionals and States closed the gap and made the tournament very exciting. Congratulations to them as well.

All-State Tournament Team

Nick Carmony - St. Francis
Daniel Cogan - St. Charles
Dan DiSalle - St. Francis
Adam Rabe - Upper Arlington
Orion Swanson - St. Charles
Brian Willi - St. Charles
goalie - Rowan Williams - St. Francis

In my opinion, the coaches and officials were dead on with this list.
Thoughts?

I heard about this message board in Orange County. Hope your championship went well.

I don’t know anything about Ohio water polo and probably couldn’t locate Ohio on a map but know the sport and refereeing so will weigh in.

I’m a senior NCAA water polo official (I reffed Dan Matulis this year-nice kid) and if you need it (sounds like you do), verify that Loren Bertocci is one of the best officials in the world. Loren is one of the top 2 or 3 in the country. You may not like his attitude but the one thing he does better than anyone else in the world is teach the skill of refereeing water polo. If he’s working with your referees in Ohio, count yourself lucky. Loren might be a little -----ly with high school coaches/players who question him during a game but consider that a small price to pay for his ability to bring your referees to the next level. Coaches and players shouldn’t be talking to the refs during a game anyway- How would you like the ref to miss a brutality to one of your kids because he was explaining why he called a minor foul to the other coach?

Whistling water polo is hard enough without having coaches continually nagging from the bench. That’s why most of us wear ear plugs during a game.

Loren retired from refereeing a few years ago so if he’s whistling, he’s doing it to jump start your referees. The fastest way for referees to learn is having an elite ref whistling on the other side of the pool deck. There aren’t any referees his caliber outside LA, New York and Florida. Count yourselves lucky that Loren is willing to do this for you. He’s whistled the best teams in the world including the World Championships. He doesn’t need Ohio high school on his resume.

Loren has an attitude just like most top officials. If you can’t deal with it, pick up the phone and call Joan before you slander his name all over the world like this. Have any of you ever talked to her? She's reasonable and down to earth.

Have any of you even spoken to your referees about their training? I expect they all think he’s great. He is that good a teacher. It’s a damn shame for them to lose the best referee instructor in the country because coaches don’t like him.

Do any of you realize that your posts about him will now show up in a Google search of his name? EVERY employer now does a Google search of perspective employees…what do you think this will do to him in his real career-the career that gives him a salary?? ? You need to think before posting libelous, untrue statements about someone by his or her full name on a public message board.

Someone asked if referees practice. Referees practice by having a senior referee work with them or an experienced evaluator on the pool deck. Afterwards the senior ref talks to the junior ref about the game. One game like that is better than 2,000 scrimmages with coaches criticizing them. The junior referees learn more by whistling the same game and watching the calls of the senior referee than they get anywhere else.

Now that you've succeeded in getting rid of Loren, have you thought about Step 2? Who will you get to replace him and teach your referees? You can’t have a high school league with no delegate/evaluator/trainer. Someone has to train and evaluate the referees and with all due respect, none of your coaches have enough experience to do it. Working referees should not do it either. There are only 5 or 10 coaches in the whole country who have enough refereeing experience to do it and they are all out here or in Florida.

You don’t have a lot of options where you are. Igor in Cleveland doesn't speak much English and Marte is at least 5 years out of date (he retired 5 or 6 years ago). None of the Chicago refs are any good. After the job you did on Loren in public none of the working intermediate level CWPA refs will be willing to do it and jeopardize their careers even if they were good enough which they aren't. Your closest FINA referees are Koganov in New York, Stankevitch in New Jersey and Goldenberg in Florida. Thompson in Pennsylvania could do it but all those guys were trained by Loren so if you didn’t like his refereeing, you won’t like theirs either. You can pony up a lot of money, call the CWPA and see if they will take over your association and assign games but they provide no training, most have no experience with the rules you use and the refereeing will be all over the place. The referees from Ohio that I’ve seen (Sanchez and Allen) are much better than almost everyone in the CWPA.

You don’t have a lot of options. Have you thought this through? Loren is a letter of the law guy. He follows the rule book to the letter. If you don’t like the way he calls and teaches the game, you're going to have to change the rulebook to get something different. Thats what we do in the NCAA but most of the time, it creates a mess so if you go that route, be very, very careful. We change rules interpretations 2 or 3 times a year but we have about 20 evaluators who handle dispersing the information and evaluating the changes. You don't have that kind of infrastructure in Ohio.

With all due respect, parents, you need to look at your coaches resumes before taking up their assertions that your referees stink. How many Ohio coaches have ever coached or been exposed to water polo outside Ohio? Not one that I know of except Gear who played at U Mass, I believe. Your referees are trained by USA Water Polo and exposed to the sport outside the state through it. They have a better balanced education in the sport.

BTW, Polocoach993 is not criticizing your kids. He's concerned that your public treatment of Loren will cause Joan to reconsider her involvement in the sport. Joan is very popular in the water polo world. If you (like me) watch the WPPLIVE Twitter broadcast and the WPP schedules page, you see scores from across the country scrolling by. That's Joan-sitting at her computer, inputting results instead of enjoying dinner and a movie with her husband. There are a lot of people who benefit from her dedication. The posts about Loren on this thread are slanderous, untrue and totally off base. The entire sport all over the world will lose if she decides to pack it in because her husband is being targeted with ugly lies and outright slander. I doubt either of them signed on for this degree of abuse for a volunteer hobby.

Forum defense

I appreciate everyone coming to the defense of Loren B. and his wife. I would like to now come to the defense of this forum. For those who seem to think that us Ohio enthusiasts have spent our time slandering Dr B, or Ms G, I would ask that you go back and read the twelve or more pages of this message board. I myself, brought up several weeks ago that it is unproductive for parents or coaches to blame officials for results of games and that they should focus on their own team's tactics. Everyone knows in any sport with subjectivity, calls get missed from time to time. Other contributors on this forum agreed with me on this point. Officials and their educators have not been uniformly slammed on this forum. The bulk of this forum has been for discussion of the games, the kids playing, the strategies and the excitement, along with a little bit of tongue and cheek humor and ribbing.

I disagree that we are as a whole unthankful for any volunteer help, knowledgeable and otherwise, here in Ohio. We are trying to support our kids' choice to participate in the game of water polo, while making the game fun and bringing it to a higher level. One person brought up Dr B's name in a post about how to bring the level of play up. Since then, it seems, all ---- has broken loose. Unfortunately, for most of us, this came at the high point of the season, our state championships. Outsiders, I understand, are not aware of that. For all I know that "polofan" whose post started this nonsense, has his own axe to grind with the good doctor. While I agree with many others here, that bringing up someone's name in a public forum online should only be done after quite considered thought, I guess I do not understand all of the defensiveness. Dr B's record it seems, speaks for itself, despite one rogue messenger on a message board. I guess what I am saying is in this day and age, those in prestigious and authoritative positions can be a little thicker-skinned when it comes to internet criticism. It is also the first thing I you learn as a referee in any sport. I therefore, don't agree with any assertion that this message board, or Ohioans in general are unthankful, backwards hacks whose kids can't throw a pass?

Finally, I would like to say that I have been to California and Europe and watched the sport played and coached there. They do a lot of things better and the game is more advanced than here in Ohio. However, I have also seen European coaches routinely berate young kids publicly and teach dirty play as a tactic. I have seen politics drive the game outside the interest of the players, even at or below the high school level in California. While the sport is still at an early stage in this state, that is not always a bad thing. I have rarely seen coaches in Ohio that treat their kids poorly. Some of you more knowledgeable NCAA coaches and water polo experts may think our coaches knowledge is limited and you may be right. But none of our coaches are getting rich either. I am defending them because I saw every coach in Ohio this year work with their team and I saw the quality of their teams go up and up throughout the season. Perhaps it will take a second or third generation to get the knowledgeable coaches that exist elsewhere. In the meantime, I for one appreciate the work the educators, officials, coaches, parents, and players have done to make this a great season.

All-State Tournament Team

Nick Carmony - St. Francis
Daniel Cogan - St. Charles
Dan DiSalle - St. Francis
Adam Rabe - Upper Arlington
Orion Swanson - St. Charles
Brian Willi - St. Charles
goalie - Rowan Williams - St. Francis

In my opinion, the coaches and officials were dead on with this list.
Thoughts?

I would say that Carmony, Cogan, DiSalle, Rabe, and Willi are spot on. I thought Matulis should have made the squad. I know Swanson in SC's captain and probably top player. I am sure he is a virtual lock to repeat as first team all-Ohio. But I did not think he was as dominate a player this weekend as the other players listed. (Maybe the other teams focused on him allowing Cogan and Patterson to impress?)

I also thought Flis was the best player in the pool for the finals. He made several stunning reaction saves and his stop of St. Francis' 5 meter shot probably was the pivotal play in the game. Shocked he didn't make the list.

Hey there everyone, I heard about the stuff here on Yappi and decided to check it out. I used to post on JJHuddle before it became a pay site. Did not know there was a polo thread for this year, sad I missed the seasons worth of posts. I am a high school coach here in Ohio at Milford, and just got to take in the State Tournament this weekend.

Great polo! Congrats go out to both Upper Arlington girls and St. Charles boys teams. It was fun to watch those games, even though it was from the stands, and not from behind the bench. That's the beauty of it all though - anything can happen.

I thought officiating was great this weekend too. Difficult calls were made, but ultimately, I think they got the calls right.

I thought the All-Tournament teams were great. Love having the addition of the 2 tournament teams this year. Brought it up last year at the coaches meeting and it was a warmly welcomed idea. I think we are also doing a player of the year starting this year too. Lots of worthy candidates!

It's nice to finally be able to sit down in the afternoon and breathe again. This was a long polo season. Fun, lots of fun. But it was long.

Lots of talk about the Loren issue here. I think it's pretty quick to jump to conclusion that the state of ohio blew it here. One person posting anonymously on a message board is hardly the voice of the majority here. If one poster on a message board offends you, then you really need to spend some more time on a message board. There are always people out there that will say stuff. Just to rile people up, just because they are pissed. Just because they can.

I'd take my foot off the gas peddle here and pump the brakes. I only saw one poster call out Loren, and then a lot of people came to his defense. One person does not indicate majority. It's the internet. It's a message board. Anyone can say anything they want - just doesn't mean it's fact and accurate.

I have had the chance to email back and forth with Joan about this. Very nice to have that dialogue. I think cooler heads will prevail.

Now that the season is over, emotions can calm and egos can take a back seat much more than during the season. Let's all take a deep breath and just talk polo.

I was very happy to see a few new teams this year compete at Regionals with New Albany boys and St. Ursula girls. Hope next year we have more!

If you are an ohio underclassmen it would greatly behoove you to inquire about some of the great camps that are in there infancy in central ohio. Not only will your participation hone your skills but also it will ensure the continuance of these programs. Many connections have been made with the broader polo community in the past few years bringing not only Loren's knowledge but also two very respected men in Doc Hunkler and Dante Dettamanti. These clinics are very inexpensive relative to others in California and Annapolis and are much closer to home. Also Steibler is trying to get a goalie camp off the ground which would also be a huge asset to the state. If interested contact Shawn Cline at shawnc@columbus.rr.com. While its nice bogarting these resources for central ohio and the particular team Im partial to, it would make huge strides for the state for kids from all over to attend. These are world class educators who really want the sport to advance in ohio and are here for you to take advantage of. Its unsure whether or not some of these will continue but the chances will increase with interest.

I thought the All-Tournament teams were great. Love having the addition of the 2 tournament teams this year. Brought it up last year at the coaches meeting and it was a warmly welcomed idea. I think we are also doing a player of the year starting this year too. Lots of worthy candidates!

I thought that the All-Regional Tournament and All-State Tournament teams were new and I like the addition of the Player of the Year as well. Any baseline requirements that the coaches and officials will be using for evaluation?

Who might be the candidates out there?

The most dominant inside player that I saw was St. Francis' Dan DiSalle. I am not a believer that just because you made the team last year that you are an automatic. Only watched him a handful of times, but he impressed me each time. His threat opened up the shots for the whole team. Great sprinter as well. Just my opinion only.

I thought that the All-Regional Tournament and All-State Tournament teams were new and I like the addition of the Player of the Year as well. Any baseline requirements that the coaches and officials will be using for evaluation?

Who might be the candidates out there?

The most dominant inside player that I saw was St. Francis' Dan DiSalle. I am not a believer that just because you made the team last year that you are an automatic. Only watched him a handful of times, but he impressed me each time. His threat opened up the shots for the whole team. Great sprinter as well. Just my opinion only.

I think the best way to look at the player of the year award - if you were to do a pick-up game with everyone in Ohio, and you have first pick, what will your pick be, and there's your player of the year.

It might be who gets the most votes for 1st team all-ohio. Not sure though. That is a detail I fail to recall.

Not sure Dan would be the best candidate for it, seeing as he did not not make All-Regional team. I don't know if you could name player of the year for someone that did not have as many accomplishments as someone else. There are a few players that earned All-Regional and All-State Tournament teams. Would think it should come from that list. I don't get a vote as an assistant coach, only head coaches do.

Doesn't have to be the best player from the best team though. Last two years our boys finished 4th at states and Dan was the overwhelming leading vote getter on both years.

But I think if you are the player of the year in Ohio, you helped carry your team to states, and did it all season long, and when it mattered most - you came up the biggest.

I don't know if you could name player of the year for someone that did not have as many accomplishments as someone else. There are a few players that earned All-Regional and All-State Tournament teams.

Nick Carmony, Adam Rabe, Orion Swanson, and Brian Willi were on both the All-Regional and All-State Tournament teams. I believe all the teams at in Ohio also competed at the Ohio Cup. (Which might indicate if a player had been a top form all year.) Adam Rabe and Orion Swanson were named to the All-Ohio Cup team. So does it come down to those two?

Nick Carmony, Adam Rabe, Orion Swanson, and Brian Willi were on both the All-Regional and All-State Tournament teams. I believe all the teams at in Ohio also competed at the Ohio Cup. (Which might indicate if a player had been a top form all year.) Adam Rabe and Orion Swanson were named to the All-Ohio Cup team. So does it come down to those two?

Solid point about making the all-tounry team from the cup.

It definitely should carry weight. Wouldn't put as much emphasis on the cup team as I would for post-season play. Solid argument though.

There are definitely players that didn't make states that could be considered too.

Don't really think this is the most appropriate avenue to put my thoughts on that into though.

I was alerted to this website by a fellow coach and had to come see it for myself. After reading it and the diatribes against Loren Bertocci, I’m disgusted. I’m an NCAA varsity coach so unlike “polofan” and various Ohio “supermen”, I know what I’m talking about.
First of all, I don’t know how you’re associated with Joan and Loren Bertocci but I know that they’ve been volunteering to help you out in Ohio. How do I know that? Because Joan called me and asked me to come and take a look at your players. She believed that there are some kids who could benefit from going to JO’s this year and asked if I would consider coming to Ohio to help coach them. She was in the process of raising $20,000 to pay for it because she believed it would jump start your program, give your kids a chance to play outside the state and improve the game. I guess you have a lot of other volunteers ready to help out like that to be willing to blow off her help.
You’ve had a program in Ohio for 40 years and have never sent anyone to play varsity until recently when a couple kids broke out and went to ODP and JO’s. Are you blaming that on the referees? Well, you’re all wrong. Your kids can’t throw a dry pass, have no legs, no concept of basic tactics and no situational awareness. That’s not the referees fault. Look a little closer to home for the cause of that. You’ve taken a bunch of good swimmers and good facilities and squandered them.
What you people did with your bs on this message board is alienate Joan Bertocci. Congratulations. Call the CWPA and get them to assign your games. You can get a couple of guys banned from USAWP for sexual harassment who can’t be trusted around young girls but they’ll answer your questions during a game. They’ll let games get out of control but they’re approachable and not arrogant.
For those of you who care, Loren is a great referee. He got caught up in politics in the CWPA and the whole conference has been worse off for it. So he’s arrogant. Small price to pay for fair, even handed quality refereeing. There are only 3 or 4 referees that good in the whole country and you know what? Loren trained those guys. You want someone who cowers before you coaches “superior” knowledge? Your coaches are the problem, not the referees. You’ll have to go a long way to find referees who know as little as your coaches.
Ohio, you blew it with idiotic anonymous slander on an obscure message board. Congratulations.

You sir should be embarrassed. How dare you criticize players in Ohio. If you have a problen with the coaches or the parents then direct your rant at them. Who exactly do you think you are? Instead of trying to set the record straight you continued to criticize and this time criticized kids. (And yes you did, you said they can't make a dry pass, etc....)

Regarding the players that go on to play varsity....when you are also a great swimmer and you get money for swimming and almost nothing for polo what do you expect? That is the reality. Since you are such a knowledgable coach then you also know that midwest kids just don't get the looks from the Cali coaches.

RE: Judith raising money....I guarantee you most people have no idea that there was any funding available. If Ohio was going to have JO teams then why did so many boys and girls from Ohio travel to Michigan to participate in summer polo? There were are a fair number of players of both genders who want to get better, try to get better and took advantage of any opportunity they could to become better players.

You really need to take a long look at yourself becasue instead of defending Judith you have now lowered yourself to their level.

Shame on you.

shame on you coach

I was alerted to this website by a fellow coach and had to come see it for myself. After reading it and the diatribes against Loren Bertocci, I’m disgusted. I’m an NCAA varsity coach so unlike “polofan” and various Ohio “supermen”, I know what I’m talking about.
First of all, I don’t know how you’re associated with Joan and Loren Bertocci but I know that they’ve been volunteering to help you out in Ohio. How do I know that? Because Joan called me and asked me to come and take a look at your players. She believed that there are some kids who could benefit from going to JO’s this year and asked if I would consider coming to Ohio to help coach them. She was in the process of raising $20,000 to pay for it because she believed it would jump start your program, give your kids a chance to play outside the state and improve the game. I guess you have a lot of other volunteers ready to help out like that to be willing to blow off her help.
You’ve had a program in Ohio for 40 years and have never sent anyone to play varsity until recently when a couple kids broke out and went to ODP and JO’s. Are you blaming that on the referees? Well, you’re all wrong. Your kids can’t throw a dry pass, have no legs, no concept of basic tactics and no situational awareness. That’s not the referees fault. Look a little closer to home for the cause of that. You’ve taken a bunch of good swimmers and good facilities and squandered them.
What you people did with your bs on this message board is alienate Joan Bertocci. Congratulations. Call the CWPA and get them to assign your games. You can get a couple of guys banned from USAWP for sexual harassment who can’t be trusted around young girls but they’ll answer your questions during a game. They’ll let games get out of control but they’re approachable and not arrogant.
For those of you who care, Loren is a great referee. He got caught up in politics in the CWPA and the whole conference has been worse off for it. So he’s arrogant. Small price to pay for fair, even handed quality refereeing. There are only 3 or 4 referees that good in the whole country and you know what? Loren trained those guys. You want someone who cowers before you coaches “superior” knowledge? Your coaches are the problem, not the referees. You’ll have to go a long way to find referees who know as little as your coaches.
Ohio, you blew it with idiotic anonymous slander on an obscure message board. Congratulations.

You sir should be embarrassed. How dare you criticize players in Ohio. If you have a problen with the coaches or the parents then direct your rant at them. Who exactly do you think you are? Instead of trying to set the record straight you continued to criticize and this time criticized kids. (And yes you did, you said they can't make a dry pass, etc....)

Regarding the players that go on to play varsity....when you are also a great swimmer and you get money for swimming and almost nothing for polo what do you expect? That is the reality. Since you are such a knowledgable coach then you also know that midwest kids just don't get the looks from the Cali coaches.

RE: Judith raising money....I guarantee you most people have no idea that there was any funding available. If Ohio was going to have JO teams then why did so many boys and girls from Ohio travel to Michigan to participate in summer polo? There were are a fair number of players of both genders who want to get better, try to get better and took advantage of any opportunity they could to become better players.

You really need to take a long look at yourself becasue instead of defending Judith you have now lowered yourself to their level.

Shame on you.

I thought we were beyond this. please someone be the bigger person and ends this so we can talk about polo not politics. all of your points ohiopolofan have been made so many times your post was just redundant. And its joan not judith. let try to get past this and work towards making polo in ohio better.

All state

I think the player should be well-rounded, ie play well at both ends of the pool. Adam Rabe may be a good choice. His brother Andrew should be somewhere on the list too. Swanson and Herath were solid all year for SC at both ends. Willi and Flis should also get a look because of their defensive play. If you're looking at the entire season, I think St Francis guys are at a little disadvantage. Their team came on late and played less often in Ohio, if that matters. Carmony seemed to be their number one scorer, but possibly not first team defensively. D. Disalle and their goalie, Williams, were impressive as well. I thought Reeder was TW best player and their goalie kept them in a lot of games. Number 5 on Milford (Lattmer?) drew a lot of attention and had some great performances. Milford's performance in the last game of the season was a little disappointing, and probably cost them a player or two on the state tournament team. I cannot comment on the other teams as I did not see them play as much. I hope worthy players do not get left off the list.

One last thought please

I have been away from any computer for several days and would like to make some final comments. I have been involved in water polo in Ohio for many years. I actually got excited when I found out that Loren was willing to come and educate us. I have always found him to be very willing to talk and explain at the proper time. He has always answered my questions honestly and listened to anything I had to say, even if to some it seemed small or goofy. When he is here in Ohio play does seem to elevate and the refs call better games than ever. The longer he is away from them the more thay seem to revert back to their old ways and come up with really poor reasons for the calls they are making. Players have actually been told "well that has to happen 3 or more times before we will call it." I did attend when Loren taught his classes, when Danti was here I learned even more and when Doc came I learned more than ever. For me all this has been priceless and I would hate to see it all go away. Maybe we should see if there is a way to get Loren to move here and help us fix this. Honestly to say to the refs over and over that a call should be made to have them tell you no every time and have Dr. Bertocci show up and say "hey why aren't you calling that?" was wonderful for me. I'm just looking for a way to make things go the way they need to be moving and elevate the sport to the highest level we can get to. We need to continue to learn and find a way to get more people involved, Coaches, Players and Parents along with our refs. Everybody can still learn something about anything. I'm done I will continue to look at what folks have to say but I will not post again.

Now that the season is over, does anyone know if any seniors are going on to the next level?

And when will the All-State teams be released?

seniors playing at the next level? don't know.

all-state? we have our meeting saturday and will vote then. probably by the evening it will be here.

Season Stats

The team records are a good example how the season actually ended:

SC, 31-4 (35 games)
SF, 15-10 (25 games)
UA, 19-11 (30 games)
Milford, 26-13 (39 games) (by my calculations from their web site, correct me if I am wrong)
TW, 23-11 (34 games)
Mason, ?

Some individual stats

Goalies, as reported in the previous articles:
TW, Choueiki: 335 saves
SF, Williams: 223 saves
UA, Sievert, 208 saves

Scoring, as reported in the previous articles:
UA, Adam Rabe: 93 goals
TW, Reeder: 91 goals
UA, Andrew Rabe: 65 goals
SF, Carmony: 63 goals
UA, Coons: 55 goals
TW, Wolf: 44 goals

Defensive
TW: Wolf: 126 steals
TW: Cline: 116 steals

Some team stats: (Please add more teams)
TW: Goals for average 7.4, goals against 4.4

*Yes, I know that stats don't mean a thing, SC won and there are the best team, I just like to look at numbers*

UA, Adam Rabe: 93 goals
TW, Reeder: 91 goals
UA, Andrew Rabe: 65 goals
SF, Carmony: 63 goals
UA, Coons: 55 goals
TW, Wolf: 44 goals

Looks like the Rabe boys are at the top of the state for goals scored. Makes you wonder what might have been if Adam Rabe didn't foul out of the SC game.

The team records are a good example how the season actually ended:

SC, 31-4 (35 games)
SF, 15-10 (25 games)
UA, 19-11 (30 games)
Milford, 26-13 (39 games) (by my calculations from their web site, correct me if I am wrong)
TW, 23-11 (34 games)
Mason, ?

Thought we had 28 to end season.

We will have comprehensive stats from milford in about a week.