Yellowstone Shared Universe

With the way Yellowstone has deteriorated, I keep hoping that the cataclysmic volcanic event the geologists fear will come and take out the ranch.

My only issue is the obvious ending. Seven generations and a Native American grandson? Come on.
? The child that was promised. There were way more than seven generations of non-Dutton on the land before them so, come on.

Every ending of every show ever is contrived. Except maybe Seinfeld. What should be different about this one?

Dutton's goal day one is taking care of the land. Tossing out any maybe and might-be grankids adopted or otherwise that might come along, as NA they will probably play it that he'd be the one that most likely could keep the land out of developer hands, whereas the otehrs couldn't. We'll see I guess. The whole show was written either to that happy ending or to a complete loss and the place becomes Vegas or Jackson Hole North.

Last edited:
? The child that was promised. There were way more than seven generations of non-Dutton on the land before them so, come on.

Every ending of every show ever is contrived. Except maybe Seinfeld. What should be different about this one?

Dutton's goal day one is taking care of the land. Tossing out any maybe and might-be grankids adopted or otherwise that might come along, as NA they will probably play it that he'd be the one that most likely could keep the land out of developer hands, whereas the otehrs couldn't. We'll see I guess. The whole show was written either to that happy ending or to a complete loss and the place becomes Vegas or Jackson Hole North.
?????? Were you watching the same show? When James Dutton was looking for a place to bury his daughter and settle his family, a Native American Chief told him that he could settle in the Yellowstone Valley but warned him that his family could only hold it for seven generations before it would return to his people. Seven generations:

1) James Dutton
2) Elsa, John & Spencer
3) Jack
4) John II
5) John III & Chance
6) Jamie, Lee, Beth & Kayce
7) Tate (Native American)

What the heck does the thousand generations of pre-Dutton Native Americans have to do with anything? I suggest you rewatch the series' starting with "1883".

Last edited:
I agree. The two main leads are female. Puke. :sick:
Yeah, totally representative of all those female spec op soldiers. Gotta love a 100 lbs woman carrying around machine guns half her weight, like it’s nothing. This is r*tarded.

Yeah, totally representative of all those female spec op soldiers. Gotta love a 100 lbs woman carrying around machine guns half her weight, like it’s nothing. This is r*tarded.
They carry three year olds long distance like they're pillows. I think they can handle a 15-20 lb gun.

This is really good.

Circling back here, one of the parts I enjoy most about the show is their showing of how military life impacts the family at home. It’s an aspect that movies and tv shows tends to gloss over or outright ignore, but here it is a central part of the show’s DNA.