Yappi Football Player of the Week

Edge86

Even though it's a bit late in the season, I figured we can put our 2 cents in who we think was player of the week for the Eagles football team, starting with week # 7 in Massillon.

I'd vote for Paxton Rose. Not sure of his stats, but he had a few great runs and really made great decisions. I think this was a breakout game for him.

honorable mention

Ryan Adkins (honestly, he could win it every week)
Kyle Skoczen (a very Craig Krenzel like performance)
Joe Kleinsmith (another solid all around game)
Nate Smith (For giving everyone a great story and lifelong memory)

Hard to pick just one.

I vote for LB Jeff Milkie. It seemed like his name was announced every play on a tackle. He doesn't get the attention the guys like Marando, Adkins, and Bailey get, but he's been doing a great job all year.

2nd for Rose. I hope he gets most of the carries this week.

At their 30 year reunion, these guys will still be talking about wrong-way Nate Smith.

sehs95, sorry you CAN NOT nominate Nate Smith. Massillon has reserved nomination rights of Nate Smith for their offensive player of the year award.

I would agree with sehs95 on Rose being player of the week..... well Nate Smith does get Massillons P.O.T.W

Ignatius game...I liked Bailey's strong play from both sides of the ball. He put some serious pressure on Hoyer and had 2 sacks. One sack I thought they were going to be looking for Hoyer's head. He also was impressive running the ball.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Edge86
BigMoe777,

It was actually 18 seconds left when Iggy hit the winning field goal from 33 yards out.

Crusader3 or MoeDude,

Could one of you guys post on the St.Edward 2003 thread good places to hangout (eat, tailgate, etc) before the game. Places where the football fans will be.

Whatever you read....Moeller is held in the utmost respect by the St.Edward team, coaches and fans who know high school football.

Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moeller fans that have been around for awhile think the same of St. Ed. You are the same as Moeller and Elder in the fact that on a yearly basis you go out to slay the Jesuit Giant. Good Luck....just not this week!!!

how could u even give skozcen honorable mention this week. he is still a developing quaterback who cant throw under pressure. My players of the week are Bailey and Marando. Come back player of the week is definately Grier.

eaglescout that was for the Massillon game...but you might have the same response for that game. I loved the way all those guys played last week, hopefully Grier will continue to stay healthy and get some conditioning. He could be a very important cog in our offense if he can get back to the effectiveness he had at then end of last year.

My MVP of the Moeller game goes to H.Nakumura. He was all over the place on defense and made big plays on offense.

Mike Grier also gets an honorable mention for a couple of real nice plays in the 2nd half.

Who gets the nod this week? Nakamura? Marando? Some great team work this weekend. Maybe we give it to the defense.

Ryan Bailey last night

I didn't notice it while watching it live, but on tv it looked like Bailey was the biggest Williams killer. Bailey gets it this week, but I'd put Gardner as runner up for a great job at the helm. Only serious mistake he made was not throwing the ball away at the end of the first half. That forced a 51 yarder for Kleinsmith.

Ryan Bailey on defense.
Nakamra on special teams.
Adkins for his overall (DT- TB a player better be highly conditioned) play.

I would slap all three on the side of the horse trailer for the Benedictine game.

I'm in total agreement with Edge. Although I think the 15 yard penalty on Bene's long TD drive was on Adkins.

sehs95 yes you are right about the penalty on Adkins, seems as the Benes player grabbed ahold of Adkins as they went down and Ryan didn't like that. Gave him a shot to the head. Ryan is going to have to keep his cool from here on out...a little to do then say. But part of the reason he is so good at this game is because he get's emotional and will not allow someone the better part of him.

Go to a wrestling match this year and watch him wrestle...it's special treat!!

I vote for the whole D this week, seems as they were able to hold down one of the most potent offenses in the state. Anyone with me ??

I'd go with Kleinsmith and Adkins this week. Adkins rushing for 102 yards against a Mentor D that knew we were going to run it was impressive. Kleinsmith came up huge with the two field goals and the blocked field goal.

sehs95,
If Adkins is deserving, and I'm not saying he's not, then the entire OL should get some kudos too. As you said, Mentor knew we'd have to run the ball and the line got the job done. I think the OL has really stepped it up since the Bennies game.

Good Call Edge. I'd give a game ball to Kyle Skoczen. Played at WR and CB. Then comes in at QB and tosses a beautiful touchdown pass into the corner of the endzone. He should be a big part of the offense next year and it's good to see him continue to contribute on both sides of the ball.