WrestleStat Rankings & Weekend Upsets | Week 14 2023

DII upset I'd like to mention

On Saturday 2/4, Eric Bartos matched up with Devin Flannery of Millersville with the bout proving to be the main event. Flannery is ranked as the top wrestler at 133 while Bartos the fourth, making for a very exciting matchup. They wrestled each other even in the early going with Bartos finally getting the upper hand. Flannery managed to tie things up in the third at 3-3 before a one-point escape secured the victory for Bartos.

He is now 23-2 on the season and is ranked as the fourth-best wrestler in NCAA DII at 133. Bartos has been incredibly consistent for the Lakers throughout his time at Mercyhurst with him securing over 100 wins on the mat earlier in the season, becoming just the 12th wrestler in program history to do so.
--------------------------------

I mention this because i was up at Mercyhurst (Erie PA) on Tuesday with my buddy to watch his daughter play basketball. Had a really nice conversation with Eric Bartos as well as his training partner Jake Niffenegger. I know Jake from way back in Miron days when Jake was younger. Showed us the wrestling room. Great guys.

DII upset I'd like to mention

On Saturday 2/4, Eric Bartos matched up with Devin Flannery of Millersville with the bout proving to be the main event. Flannery is ranked as the top wrestler at 133 while Bartos the fourth, making for a very exciting matchup. They wrestled each other even in the early going with Bartos finally getting the upper hand. Flannery managed to tie things up in the third at 3-3 before a one-point escape secured the victory for Bartos.

He is now 23-2 on the season and is ranked as the fourth-best wrestler in NCAA DII at 133. Bartos has been incredibly consistent for the Lakers throughout his time at Mercyhurst with him securing over 100 wins on the mat earlier in the season, becoming just the 12th wrestler in program history to do so.
--------------------------------

I mention this because i was up at Mercyhurst (Erie PA) on Tuesday with my buddy to watch his daughter play basketball. Had a really nice conversation with Eric Bartos as well as his training partner Jake Niffenegger. I know Jake from way back in Miron days when Jake was younger. Showed us the wrestling room. Great guys.
We have him at #3! Though we don't have Flannery as high...