Worst Ohio HS FB stadiums

Byers is terrible, I've seen marching band kids turn ankles there. The best use of money for Welcome would be implosion. And The Pit at Elder is great... if you live in the surrounding neighborhood so you can walk to the game and sot on the home side.

They're getting a new school & stadium in the next few years and the old one is named after Ohio's all time winningest coach . . . but Akron Manchester's France Stadium is/was a dump.

2 things always stood out going to games there - lighting was BAD & visiting locker room location. All fans walk out in front of the visiting locker room entrance/exit. Have yet to see a game (been there at least 8 times) where you didn't see a local (usually over-served adult) shouting at a visiting player standing outside their locker room.

All that said . . . not sure that I ever saw the home team lose. ; )

1656701998087.png

Before they built their new stadium, Carrollton's football stadium was in the middle of the infield of the Carrollton County Fairgrounds...you crossed the racetrack to get to it....the coaches box for the away team was in the roof of the cover for the grandstand....you walked out on 2 planks to 6 planks strung together with two wires and then a thin bar about 3 ft up going around it to keep you from falling into the fans....then you went in under the grandstands at halftime where they stored boats...then drove back to the school after the game so the team could shower and change
Yes,the Cow Palace!🐄🐂

Triad’s old stadium complex was a dump. I can’t find a positive thing about it. however, they’ve completely redone it within the past year or two and it looks absolutely beautiful! looking forward to visiting.

Hallinean Field (Springfield Catholic Central) has bleachers that legitimately may be a safety hazard.

Fairborn Memorial Stadium, home of the Fairborn Skyhawks, has a very unimpressive complex for how large the school is. they are currently D2, but i can name too many D5/6/7 schools with much nicer complexes. however, I will say the grounds crew typically does a nice job with the grass, and i enjoy it being in downtown Fairborn. no reason Fairborn can’t play at the high school where the soccer/track complex is. it is a beautiful complex and they have plenty of room to add more seating on both sides.
We were just there for a track meet and I must say, they polished the turd about as well as it could have been done. The "plaza" type area behind what was maybe the worst seating arrangement in the US is kind of nice.

We were just there for a track meet and I must say, they polished the turd about as well as it could have been done. The "plaza" type area behind what was maybe the worst seating arrangement in the US is kind of nice.
I went to look Fairborn up. Is their track only around the soccer field and football is somewhere else?

Triad?

i believe they have a brand new stadium. i haven’t been to Triad since 2018. other posters have said mostly good things about the renovated complex.

Rittman has light poles but are wooden telephone poles wrapped in foam very close to the field where people can get hurt . And also when you kick field goals your kicking it into the street behind the stadium so they have to close the street down . And on the other end where you kick field goals in gos over a hill and hits the parked cars .
Was literally reading through the pages just to see if someone mentioned Rittman. It's the worst I've been to....

Another thread has the best stadiums, how about the worst
Old Highland stadium- bad parking, lumpy grass, away bleachers next to a cow pasture with cows. It smelled like you know what. Thankfully they replaced it with a new stadium.

Byers field in Parma. The aesthetic of a prison. Restrooms are a hike from away side since there are none on the away side. Because of orientation of the field it is like playing in a wind tunnel.
WELL, I can tell you from experience, that when I trekked to the visitor's side of Byers Field. It was a hunnered and five degrees in the shade at 3:00 pm! I DID however, meet the cutest lil lassie in Pennsylvania who was supporting Erie Prep.;)

They're not bad stadiums per se, but for how huge the schools are, Oak Hills and both Lakotas are awfully tiny.
At the risk of hijacking this thread. The perennial number one and two teams in America, don't even HAVE their own stadium. (St. John Bosco and Mater Dei)

But the WORST I've EVER seen in twenty-six states, is tiny lil Glascock County, Ga. They have a proverbial coffin corner in their West endzone. Where there is a three-foot-high retaining fence in the endzone, and a TWENTY FOOT drop off down a hill.o_O

At the risk of hijacking this thread. The perennial number one and two teams in America, don't even HAVE their own stadium. (St. John Bosco and Mater Dei)

But the WORST I've EVER seen in twenty-six states, is tiny lil Glascock County, Ga. They have a proverbial coffin corner in their West endzone. Where there is a three-foot-high retaining fence in the endzone, and a TWENTY FOOT drop off down a hill.o_O
We need pics of this

For SEO is Fairland hands down. It definitely has been said in this thread but I just feel the need to reiterate it

This thread could have been ended a while ago if anyone had ever been to a Caldwell Redskin football game. The stadium is at the Noble County fairgrounds along I-77. There is seating on one side, the field is surrounded by a mostly dirt/gravel horse track that goes right up against the visitors sideline. The county fair takes place the end of August/start of September so no home games can be played there that week or the week leading up to it. During fair week they hold a truck pull, demo derby and horse races on the track and park everyone.....on the football field. Part of the field was deemed unplayable for a scrimmage last August, it was repaired enough to get through. To top it off we pay the fairboard $2000 a game to play there! Fortunately, we are in the process of building our own stadium in town so our time at the fairgrounds is winding down!

This thread could have been ended a while ago if anyone had ever been to a Caldwell Redskin football game. The stadium is at the Noble County fairgrounds along I-77. There is seating on one side, the field is surrounded by a mostly dirt/gravel horse track that goes right up against the visitors sideline. The county fair takes place the end of August/start of September so no home games can be played there that week or the week leading up to it. During fair week they hold a truck pull, demo derby and horse races on the track and park everyone.....on the football field. Part of the field was deemed unplayable for a scrimmage last August, it was repaired enough to get through. To top it off we pay the fairboard $2000 a game to play there! Fortunately, we are in the process of building our own stadium in town so our time at the fairgrounds is winding down!
I posted this in another thread about former fields and how this one is almost former.

Another soon to be former stadium will be Caldwell's use of the Noble County Fairgrounds' Fair Bowl.

The cool thing was when Caldwell hosted a game the week of the fair, the game would be on Thursday and was included as part of the admission into the fair. So you could walk around and take in the fair and then just mosey on over to the stadium and sit down. With whatever fair food you wanted to bring over with you.

I recall Waverly playing there a few seasons ago what a place…

I posted this in another thread about former fields and how this one is almost former.

Another soon to be former stadium will be Caldwell's use of the Noble County Fairgrounds' Fair Bowl.

The cool thing was when Caldwell hosted a game the week of the fair, the game would be on Thursday and was included as part of the admission into the fair. So you could walk around and take in the fair and then just mosey on over to the stadium and sit down. With whatever fair food you wanted to bring over with you.
Actually - the covered seating would be pretty sweet. Think of all those cold, rainy/snowy nights in October/November - I'd kill for a roof over the stands at our stadium lol

Actually - the covered seating would be pretty sweet. Think of all those cold, rainy/snowy nights in October/November - I'd kill for a roof over the stands at our stadium lol
I'm very much in the minority that I like roofs even with posts obstructing the views. Unless you're in the row directly behind the post you can usually just lean a little to see when the action is just on the other side of the post.

But getting the sun shade in August and September, protection from rain and in the cold end of season avoid snow and sometimes the stiffer cold winds.

They charged fair price for admission and the school didn't get the gate $ LOL.......but yes, very unique. We literally pull our cars into the grass behind the west endzone and set up chairs and watch the game from behind the endzone.....it's cool but man do we need a new place in a bad bad way.