WOAC 2023-24

A few years ago I remember a game at Bradford against TC it was a great game. Last few years been lopsided. Wow Newton playing well.
That was an anomaly. I'm not sure to this day why TC tried to pressure every team for a year or two, but that attempt was all that Bradford team needed to get out in transition and had numbers going to the rim. That coupled with Davidson being an absolute force in that one made for an outstanding game. If they are able to get past SC tonight I doubt they press Bradford very much.

That was an anomaly. I'm not sure to this day why TC tried to pressure every team for a year or two, but that attempt was all that Bradford team needed to get out in transition and had numbers going to the rim. That coupled with Davidson being an absolute force in that one made for an outstanding game. If they are able to get past SC tonight I doubt they press Bradford very much.
70-68 was that score two years ago. Last year no Davidson no Penrod 53-43. The score earlier in the year TC didn’t have Free 65-43.

Games this week:

TV vs Northwestern (Tuesday)
Arcanum vs Versailles (Tuesday)
TCN vs Russia (Tuesday)
Newton vs Emmanual Christian (Tuesday)
Bradford vs Troy Christian (Tuesday)
Preble Shawnee vs Valley View (Thursday)

I watched the piqua tournament lastnight. I heard from a Bradford fan it was first tournament win since 1995. Congratulations Bradford boys basketball.
If that Piqua sectional had been diluted the way they did this year many teams may have won more than once every 30 years in the tournament. Bradford has had some very unfortunate matchups with SCAL conference teams first round games many of those 30 years.

Back in the 90's though, pretty sure they were playing first round at UD still, late 90's early 2000's switched to Vandalia Butler. Then a few years later came the Piqua /Troy grouping.

If that Piqua sectional had been diluted the way they did this year many teams may have won more than once every 30 years in the tournament. Bradford has had some very unfortunate matchups with SCAL conference teams first round games many of those 30 years.

Back in the 90's though, pretty sure they were playing first round at UD still, late 90's early 2000's switched to Vandalia Butler. Then a few years later came the Piqua /Troy grouping.
30 years is a long time without a single tournament win. Is it possible the longest in the state?

30 years is a long time without a single tournament win. Is it possible the longest in the state?
I can not vouch for the accuracy of that statement, but figured it was consievable as the recent stretch has been the first in many years that Bradford was above .500. But yes, if accurate, that is quite a stretch.

Finals from last night...

Versailles 52 Arcanum 40
TV 71 Northwestern 26
Newton 44 Emmanuel Christian 36
Troy Christian 68 Bradford 47

Games still to be played this week...

Tonight
Franklin Monroe vs Fort Loramie (I missed this game in my previous post)

Thursday Night
Preble Shawnee vs Valley View
TV vs Waynesville

Friday Night
Newton vs Russia

I actually like FM in this game tonight.

Shawnee should beat VV by double digits
TV will run through Waynesville

Newton starts baseball season Saturday morning
I don't know about TV running through Waynesville. I think TV should win, but I think it'll be a close game. I thought Waynesville looked really good last night.

Games still to be played this week...

Tonight
Franklin Monroe vs Fort Loramie (I missed this game in my previous post)

Thursday Night
Preble Shawnee vs Valley View
TV vs Waynesville

Friday Night
Newton vs Russia
The FM vs FL game is too close to call in my book. Definitely could go either way.

Shawnee up 32-20 at the half. Hawley sat most of the half after picking up 2 early fouls. Shawnee did a good job on Denny in the first half, if they can keep that up I think they will extend the lead in the 2nd half.

Anyone have any info on Williamsburg?
Not sure how strong the SBAAC is, but they went undefeated in league play and only dropped 2 overall this year. I watched them in a football game back in the fall; they were athletic on the field; haven't seen any basketball. Here's a link to their roster from the SBAAC website. I think I counted 5 seniors.

Not sure how strong the SBAAC is, but they went undefeated in league play and only dropped 2 overall this year. I watched them in a football game back in the fall; they were athletic on the field; haven't seen any basketball. Here's a link to their roster from the SBAAC website. I think I counted 5 seniors.

It's hard to predict a game like this with no common opponents. I still feel that Shawnee is the favorite in this one despite Williamsburg being 23-2.