WOAC 2023-24

You seem higher on FM than most. Last year they were 4-7 with Fall and 2-10 without him including some real embarrassing losses (70-15/52-21/75-32). Did they get new guys?
I’m just saying a full year with Fall and they should be better than Ansonia, I wasn’t saying I think FM will finish 4th in the league I was just saying teams I think are better than Ansonia.

I’m just saying a full year with Fall and they should be better than Ansonia, I wasn’t saying I think FM will finish 4th in the league I was just saying teams I think are better than Ansonia.
Understand, I agree. Before the injury to Stammen I would have disagreed, I really liked him.

This is year 2 under Coach O at ole A Town. For what it’s worth they played Fort Loramie this summer and won big even without their top defender (Creager) they did have Stammen and FL is obviously down but the night before they competed right with the top 2 teams in the MAC. Also as many mentioned it’ll be a huge loss for the Tigers. This team will be extremely physical and their defense should keep them in ball games but they will have issues scoring the ball.

Their overall record won’t look great because the schedule is incredible. Outside of WOAC play they have:

Marion Local, Houston, Fort Recovery, Coldwater, Celina, Madison, Covington, Russia, Lehman, Minster and Fairlawn.

This is year 2 under Coach O at ole A Town. For what it’s worth they played Fort Loramie this summer and won big even without their top defender (Creager) they did have Stammen and FL is obviously down but the night before they competed right with the top 2 teams in the MAC. Also as many mentioned it’ll be a huge loss for the Tigers. This team will be extremely physical and their defense should keep them in ball games but they will have issues scoring the ball.

Their overall record won’t look great because the schedule is incredible. Outside of WOAC play they have:

Marion Local, Houston, Fort Recovery, Coldwater, Celina, Madison, Covington, Russia, Lehman, Minster and Fairlawn.
That was my feeling with Ansonia, they will be a physical team that should be pretty experienced. Even without Stammen, they have multiple guys that are headed into their 3rd year of playing Varsity basketball. I still expect them to be very competitive.

That was my feeling with Ansonia, they will be a physical team that should be pretty experienced. Even without Stammen, they have multiple guys that are headed into their 3rd year of playing Varsity basketball. I still expect them to be very competitive.
You’re absolutely right, their only issue will be scoring points. Their top 3 point threat outside Stammen broke his wrist during football and will miss a good chunk of the year. I think they’ll still be middle of the pack.

My prediction:
1. PS
2. TV
3. Dixie
4. Arcanum
5. Ansonia
6. TVS
7. Bradford
8. FM
9. Newton
10. Trail
11. TCN
12. MV
1.PS
I think 2-5 is a toss up Between TV,Dixie,Bradford, FM and maybe Arcanum.
7.Ansonia
8.Newton
9.TVS
10.NT
11.TCN
12..MV
Dixie played TV tough twice last year and didn’t lose as much as TV. Dixie beat Bradford (no Davidson) by 15 but lost more to Graduation. I just think FM will be better.
Not sure on Arcanum.

1.PS
I think 2-5 is a toss up Between TV,Dixie,Bradford, FM and maybe Arcanum.
7.Ansonia
8.Newton
9.TVS
10.NT
11.TCN
12..MV
Dixie played TV tough twice last year and didn’t lose as much as TV. Dixie beat Bradford (no Davidson) by 15 but lost more to Graduation. I just think FM will be better.
Not sure on Arcanum.
TV did lose a lot, but they do have team buzzcuts now 😜 😜

Tigers scrimmaged yesterday and looked decent I guess even without Stanmen and less than a week of practice. Sounds like they scored it pretty well and may open some eyes this year and definitely be in a running for 3rd or 4th in the WOAC. Depth may be an issue though.

Last edited:
And top of the league is competing for state titles. Your point?
I think the point of the post was to say the bottom of the league is really bad haha.

The fact one team in the league has a generational player and will compete for a trip to the final four doesn't change the status of the league as a whole. Overall the league is pretty average, it would be a minor upset if two teams play for a district title and a major upset if more than two do.

Friday.
Eaton at NT/ Eaton
Greenon at Dixie/ Dixie
LCA at Bradford/ Bradford
Saturday.
TVS at Cedarville/ Cedarville
Arcanum at Greenville/ Arcanum
NT at New miami/ NT
Dixie at Northeastern/ Dixie
PS at Kings/ PS
EDC at Bradford/ Bradford
7-2 for the league this week.

Last edited:
Reactions: 670
You seem higher on FM than most. Last year they were 4-7 with Fall and 2-10 without him including some real embarrassing losses (70-15/52-21/75-32). Did they get new guys?
Yes, FM has new guys the Brenner brothers from Greenville both guards with the older brother Eric being a starter and a great outside shooter. I expect the Jets to challenge the top teams ... just not sure they have enough to beat the top 3 teams.

Yes, FM has new guys the Brenner brothers from Greenville both guards with the older brother Eric being a starter and a great outside shooter. I expect the Jets to challenge the top teams ... just not sure they have enough to beat the top 3 teams.
Are FM and Arcanum combining wasn’t sure if it was rumors or any truth? I heard it had something to do with money. How is FM getting Greenville recruits?

Will they have to sit out the last half of the season?

They honestly should. I'm going to research the numbers. I bet they would be D4 in Football and D2 in basketball if they combine.
A decision like that is clearly not all about sports, but those two teams combined, in Division 2, would be much less competitive than they are now in their respective decisions!

A decision like that is clearly not all about sports, but those two teams combined, in Division 2, would be much less competitive than they are now in their respective decisions!
I'm guessing it's just rumors anyways. People say the same thing about TVS and TCN joining, and all that has ever been is rumors.

Bradford beat Brookville in a scrimmage last week not sure on the score.

Game like scrimmage 4 quarters.
Maybe beat them a quarter? Brookville is BHS

1701262997530.png