Winton Woods v Milford

mrsimp06

I know there some opinions about losing to Milford 3 to 0. I'm so thankful I'm not a parent of a player on this squad, it must be incredibly disappointing.

It seems to me Region 8 and Region 4 are wildly mediocre this year. Winton Woods could go on a run and win Region 8 or they could lose in the second round.Through 8 weeks, I don't think there is a real favorite.

Last edited:
I know there some opinions about losing to Milford 3 to 0. I'm so thankful I'm not a parent of a player on this squad, it must be incredibly disappointing.
It should have been worse. Milford had at least 5 more scoring chances and failed. Other than the long TD that called back WW’s offense was non existent.

Probably the worst offensive line I've ever seen. I mean idk if it's the scheme but I haven't seen many pancakes this season and I'm seeing our lineman get pushed back plays.

WW defense is championship caliber.
I run it back and watch stuff over and over and they just the total package.
Well coached and talent everywhere.

It seems to me Region 8 and Region 4 are wildly mediocre this year. Winton Woods could go on a run and win Region 8 or they could lose in the second round.Through 8 weeks, I don't think there is a real favorite.
Fortunately for everybody in Region 4, everyone in Region 2 is thoroughly mediocre as well. It’s more likely than not that the Region 4 winner gets to serve as St. Ed’s sacrificial lamb in the championship game.

They’re bad! People complain about play calling but the truth of the matter is the offense is limited because of the offensive line.
Yes & #77 being out didn't help at all. At this point I don't know what we can do. Down on the 10 w 1 timeout I would've liked to see #7 fake #2 to the boundary and kept going right. I think tht would've centered the ball if he don't score and the kick would've been easier. Field position as well.

Yes & #77 being out didn't help at all. At this point I don't know what we can do. Down on the 10 w 1 timeout I would've liked to see #7 fake #2 to the boundary and kept going right. I think tht would've centered the ball if he don't score and the kick would've been easier. Field position as well.
Are the other 2 backs injured, it's a revolving door at that position.

Are the other 2 backs injured, it's a revolving door at that position.
Yes they're banged up however 26 did play tonight. Brought #2 over from defense, he practiced early in season with offense. I just watched the film again, the offensive line is struggling due to very little technique and fundamentals. It's really small detail stuff.

Who runs the offense?
Is Murphy still calling the plays? Wasn't particularly impressed with that part of it last year, seeing WW twice. Thought his play calling & lack of variety & willingness to take chances, etc. were what slowed them down. Somebody new calling the O this year, or still the HC?

Is Murphy still calling the plays? Wasn't particularly impressed with that part of it last year, seeing WW twice. Thought his play calling & lack of variety & willingness to take chances, etc. were what slowed them down. Somebody new calling the O this year, or still the HC?
He didn’t call the offense last year. But they’re limited because of the offensive line.

I refuse to believe the offensive line is that terrible and there is no remedy to fix it, run kids both ways.if needed. I see every other D2 program doing it. The focus on establishing the pass has hurt the program, WW simply doesn't have a offensive identity.

I refuse to believe the offensive line is that terrible and there is no remedy to fix it, run kids both ways.if needed. I see every other D2 program doing it. The focus on establishing the pass has hurt the program, WW simply doesn't have a offensive identity.
Make no mistake about it. It’s Murphy‘s show.

I think they could do some things play calling wise to help these guys out but when ur having problems blocking a 3 man & 4 man fronts it minimizes the playbook. They're just not getting to the 2nd level.