Winton Woods 2023

You are right, hard to call that disappointing for any team but especially this one. They took this team on an awesome run in 21’ and people now think that is the “expectation” winning it all takes a few bounces your way, I don’t care how talented you are. I made a game earlier in the year and they are without a doubt talented but 12-1 disappointing? I disagree.
That team that won in 21' had 27 Seniors!!

The down side to the influx of talent to WW, is kids who've been in the program and it's their time to shine will be passed over for the hot transfer.
Thts why it's important for kids to continue to work on their games. Kids who've been in the system understand the expectation. For the transfer kids it will be different especially on defense, if they haven't been taught something similar to Gray's defense then it will take them some time to get adjusted. In all everyone will get an opportunity to play because I don't believe they won't be challenged until playoffs.

Warrior Nation we've been a little too quiet, what are your thoughts and concerns for this upcoming season?
Mine is WW offense was QB driven last season, when he struggled boy did we look mediocre, it was a total change from run dominant teams of year past. What's y'all opinion?

Warrior Nation we've been a little too quiet, what are your thoughts and concerns for this upcoming season?
Mine is WW offense was QB driven last season, when he struggled boy did we look mediocre, it was a total change from run dominant teams of year past. What's y'all opinion?
Last yr the loss of Spears was huge. Even in the pass game last yr, you see we didn't run a lot of screens to the backs like we did w Spikes in 22. Also there weren't many check down options because we left the back in to block most of the time. I think they'll be able to attack the perimeter w Johnson, Zeek,and Duece tht will open the passing game for Harris and the TE Waters. Defensively you return 1 starter in secondary w 2 kids who have experience and played a lot w the Jennings & Stewart being new guys on the backend. Johnson moves from safety to corner. The front 7 will be solid. The LB core will be the strength of the team. Once the secondary picks up the scheme they'll be fine. I expect a long run this yr.

I don’t know that I agree the office was QB driven last year. Until the first kings match up, they were throwing the ball less than 10 times a game, My opinion, the soft schedule early in the year hit the fact that we did not have the interior line to play Smash Mouth football and the passing game was left as an afterthought. Later in the year when they needed it, it was not efficient enough, QB is always going to get the blame for that, but..

as far as this year, the defense has completely reloaded and will be impressive. I’ve been around to see them throw a little bit over the spring, the receiving corps Is really nice,

Last yr the loss of Spears was huge. Even in the pass game last yr, you see we didn't run a lot of screens to the backs like we did w Spikes in 22. Also there weren't many check down options because we left the back in to block most of the time. I think they'll be able to attack the perimeter w Johnson, Zeek,and Duece tht will open the passing game for Harris and the TE Waters. Defensively you return 1 starter in secondary w 2 kids who have experience and played a lot w the Jennings & Stewart being new guys on the backend. Johnson moves from safety to corner. The front 7 will be solid. The LB core will be the strength of the team. Once the secondary picks up the scheme they'll be fine. I expect a long run this yr.
Great points, I think WW will be fine in the secondary the have plenty of options. The offense is loaded with high end talent. I guess I'm just salty at how poorly the offense operated against Kings.

I don’t know that I agree the office was QB driven last year. Until the first kings match up, they were throwing the ball less than 10 times a game, My opinion, the soft schedule early in the year hit the fact that we did not have the interior line to play Smash Mouth football and the passing game was left as an afterthought. Later in the year when they needed it, it was not efficient enough, QB is always going to get the blame for that, but..

as far as this year, the defense has completely reloaded and will be impressive. I’ve been around to see them throw a little bit over the spring, the receiving corps Is really nice,
The interior of the line hopefully improves this year, when depended on the pass late in the season, the Warriors couldn't execute. As for the defense I think they'll be just fine.

The interior of the line hopefully improves this year, when depended on the pass late in the season, the Warriors couldn't execute. As for the defense I think they'll be just fine.
I’m gonna go ahead and say now that the passing game will be formidable and will drive this offense. receiving core is deep with several stars in the Qourterback will have an incredible year.

we can revisit this in about five months ,see how I did

Just wanted to share this info that I posted on another thread. Winton Woods looks like a handful in 2023.

Winton Woods has 9 players with D1 FBS offers and 8 of those have P5 offers.
They've got 4 players ranked in the top 40 according to 247sports for Ohio for 2024 or 2025.
2024 has #33 Zae Jennings ATH (WV commit) with 17 offers, #38 Tra'mar Harris WR (Purdue commit) with 23 offers.
2025 also has #6 Justin Hill Edge with 19 offers including Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, USC, ND, Florida, Tenn, and Texas A&M and #22 Raphael Greene OT with 8 offers including Kentucky, WV, Pitt, and Purdue. Their Class of 2025 also includes Donmeil Rogers DB with 4 offers (Michigan, George Tech, and Boston College), Keenan Brown EDGE with 3 offers (Kentucky and WV), Seonta Stewart ATH with 3 offers (Purdue).
Class of 24 Lyviel Waters TE has 3 offers (Central Michigan).
Also, Class of 26 Bryshawn Brown QB has an offer from Kentucky.

In addition to these highly recruited players, Winton Woods also returns their starting Senior QB Van George, who threw for 24 TDs and was selected 3rd Team All Ohio. They also return starting Junior DL Delan Massey-Wright 6-1, 270 who was named 1st Team All Ohio.

They also have 2 players with offers from Morgan State (D1 FCS).

Last edited:
Just wanted to share this info that I posted on another thread. Winton Woods looks like a handful in 2023.

Winton Woods has 7 players with D1 FBS offers and all 7 also have P5 offers.
They've got 4 players ranked in the top 40 according to 247sports for Ohio for 2024 or 2025.
2024 has #29 Zae Jennings ATH with 14 offers including WV and Purdue, #37 Tra'mar Harris WR with 20 offers including, MSU, Kentucky, Pitt, Cincinnati, Va Tech and Ga Tech. 2025 also has #3 Justin Hill Edge with 15 offers including Ohio State, Michigan, USC, ND, Florida, and Tenn and #21 Raphael Greene OT with 8 offers including Kentucky, WV, Pitt, and Purdue. Their Class of 2025 also includes Donmeil Rogers DB with 4 offers (Michigan, George Tech, and Boston College), Keenan Brown EDGE with 2 offers (Kentucky), Seonta Stewart ATH with 2 offers (Purdue).

In addition to these highly recruited players, Winton Woods also returns their starting Senior QB Van George, who threw for 24 TDs and was selected 3rd Team All Ohio. They also return starting Junior DL Delan Massey-Wright 6-1, 270 who was named 1st Team All Ohio.

Thank you for sharing, WW has been loaded for bear for a minute. If they put it all together they should make a deep run.

2024 has #29 Zae Jennings ATH with 14 offers including WV and Purdue, #37 Tra'mar Harris WR with 20 offers including, MSU, Kentucky, Pitt, Cincinnati, Va Tech and Ga Tech. 2025 also has #3 Justin Hill Edge with 15 offers including Ohio State, Michigan, USC, ND, Florida, and Tenn and #21 Raphael Greene OT with 8 offers including Kentucky, WV, Pitt, and Purdue. Their Class of 2025 also includes Donmeil Rogers DB with 4 offers (Michigan, George Tech, and Boston College), Keenan Brown EDGE with 2 offers (Kentucky), Seonta Stewart ATH with 2 offers (Purdue).

I don’t think I see the TE on there, Waters, I believe he has several Mac offers

Do you know of any D1 schools looking at QB George?

Sounds like Murphy's name is coming up for potential candidate for some of the openings locally? Chenault name being mentioned as well?
Yep, can WW up the pay to keep him? They could not keep Parker and I would say Murphy is gone after this year as public schools have to stay in the lane. He will end up D1 again…..

Yep, can WW up the pay to keep him? They could not keep Parker and I would say Murphy is gone after this year as public schools have to stay in the lane. He will end up D1 again…..
Uh nah Murphy can recruit kids to Woods not so much at other schools.Cant see him leaving as he has all the advantages at Woods.He can recruit kids to his school and the rest of the ECC play what they have in the system.Cant see Woods losing the football championship for years.

Uh nah Murphy can recruit kids to Woods not so much at other schools.Cant see him leaving as he has all the advantages at Woods.He can recruit kids to his school and the rest of the ECC play what they have in the system.Cant see Woods losing the football championship for years.
You are spreading fake news, give one example of this staff recruiting?